Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:36 am

I hope Xeno Goten and Gohan will appear more in the next one. They're so hot in those outfits <3

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:52 pm
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 pm What's this Dark Kingdom they keep mentioning? Vegito was stronger than when he was in the Dark Kingdom? Huh? He only appeared on the Prison Planet and here no?
Dark Kingdom is the Demon Realm

According to Fuu, Vegito Blue is stronger than he was in the Prison Planet
Is that what he said? I saw two YouTube subs that said Dark Kingdom not Prison Planet but I suppose they can be a bit dodgy.
Bad subs, I recommend "Dragon Ball Hype" for good subtitles

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:18 am

What's this about a special episode being next?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:35 am

After this episode, enough is enough. I want at least Dragon Ball Heroes Victory Mission adapted into anime for yesterday! Or a full-fledged new anime that brings/captures the game's feeling itself into the anime format.

Merging Dragon Ball with Yu-Gi-Oh! was definitely one of the best ideas of this decade. :thumbup:

One weird thing, though: I thought the characters could only growl, just like Yu-Gi-Oh!'s monsters, but nope, they can talk. Makes me wonder if they're aware they're video game characters.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:27 am

Is this fan made or part of the episode ? how on earth did Yamcha end up in this group ? :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:41 am

He ended up there because the card is very useful. Its ability says that "when the strategy is decided, the energy of fellow attackers will be restored, and the hero energy of your team will increase by the number of fellow supporters. [every time]" (as per Google Translate). And that's exactly what happened in the episode.

I'm not sure why I'm seeing a handful of people mocking Yamcha. People do realize that in a game, it's not the character itself, but their abilities that are worthy, right? :eh: Yugi/Atem often uses Kuriboh, despite its low Attack and Defense powers, why's that? Because Kuriboh is useful in other ways.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:46 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:41 amI'm not sure why I'm seeing a handful of people mocking Yamcha. People do realize that in a game, it's not the character itself, but their abilities that are worthy, right?
We know, it's just funny seeing him standing equally alongside Jiren, Blue Vegetto, SsjG Trunks, Goku who has MUI, & Bardock who has Ssj3. He just doesn't fit at all.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:37 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:46 am
Grimlock wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:41 amI'm not sure why I'm seeing a handful of people mocking Yamcha. People do realize that in a game, it's not the character itself, but their abilities that are worthy, right?
We know, it's just funny seeing him standing equally alongside Jiren, Blue Vegetto, SsjG Trunks, Goku who has MUI, & Bardock who has Ssj3. He just doesn't fit at all.
Yeah he's so much stronger then them he really awkwardly stands out...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:29 am

Just so you guys know, Beat and Note are actually using meta decks in the special.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Did this take the place of a normal episode so to speak or is it entirely an extra thing?
Did it take resources or buy more time for the next episode to be better?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Pleasantly surprised. So much better than what we've been getting.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:46 pm

Dunno, it was fun.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:32 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:24 pm Did this take the place of a normal episode so to speak or is it entirely an extra thing?
Did it take resources or buy more time for the next episode to be better?
I'd like to know this too, since it was released in the middle of the month rather than towards the end. Is there going to be another November episode, or was this one all until December?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:51 am

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 pm Is there any chance these episodes get a home release?
They got the equivalent of 14 normal episodes worth of content, so they could release what they currently have on one set. I don't see why they would though, as it's available for free

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:15 pm

The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 amThey are all just trash. That's the main thing binding all heroes arcs.
The same can be said about Dragon Ball Super, though.
The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 amSeriously, seeing people complain about super and praise heroes is a joke, it's awful.
Well, if it's any consolation, Xenoverse and Android 21 stuff are also better than that series. They're just doing what should be expected from modern Dragon Ball. Awful is reviving such a popular, beloved and full of potential series just to retell what doesn't need to be retold and to waste time with crap tournaments. That's awful.
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:59 amNot back in the old days, and these arcs have the same story struckter and villains coming back, there is nothing original about them.
"Back in the old days"? What? You mean before SDBH? Doesn't count. In that time Heroes wasn't telling stories. And yeah, we see the return of old villains in these new sagas, but in different contexts. Those who follow the arcade got to see Cooler getting a bit more of character development, Merged Zamasu's attitude/personality with allies and etc. Wait, I thought your problem was retellings. Why are you mentioning old villains coming back? They coming back is not retelling.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:15 pm
The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 amThey are all just trash. That's the main thing binding all heroes arcs.
The same can be said about Dragon Ball Super, though.
The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 amSeriously, seeing people complain about super and praise heroes is a joke, it's awful.
Well, if it's any consolation, Xenoverse and Android 21 stuff are also better than that series. They're just doing what should be expected from modern Dragon Ball. Awful is reviving such a popular, beloved and full of potential series just to retell what doesn't need to be retold and to waste time with crap tournaments. That's awful.
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:59 amNot back in the old days, and these arcs have the same story struckter and villains coming back, there is nothing original about them.
"Back in the old days"? What? You mean before SDBH? Doesn't count. In that time Heroes wasn't telling stories. And yeah, we see the return of old villains in these new sagas, but in different contexts. Those who follow the arcade got to see Cooler getting a bit more of character development, Merged Zamasu's attitude/personality with allies and etc. Wait, I thought your problem was retellings. Why are you mentioning old villains coming back? They coming back is not retelling.
I was thinking about Hearts.

The Bastard.
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Bastard. » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pm

How the same can be said about Super?

Isn't this the show where someone stole Goku's sperm to make a evil son of him to kill everyone? If super is a cashgrab Heroes is the slimy cousin that will do anything for money, including selling drugs to kids in the shape of gacha games. The villains are mindless evil guys like cumber( Broly but the mask from Bane) and the sole focus of making crossovers.

Also the designs are awful, pretty sure one guy is just Kabuto OC in DB clothes.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:38 pm

The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pm How the same can be said about Super?

Isn't this the show where someone stole Goku's sperm to make a evil son of him to kill everyone? If super is a cashgrab Heroes is the slimy cousin that will do anything for money, including selling drugs to kids in the shape of gacha games. The villains are mindless evil guys like cumber( Broly but the mask from Bane) and the sole focus of making crossovers.

Also the designs are awful, pretty sure one guy is just Kabuto OC in DB clothes.
Honestly Hearts (one of the main villains from the Universal Conflict arc) is way more interesting than Moro, who is just a generic evil goat. Hearts has actual motivations, which are understandable, but sadly he isn't given a lot of screentime because Heroes is a promotional anime with very short episodes. I'd love to see Hearts brought into canon Super alongside a return of Fused Zamasu. Some of the ideas of Heroes are actually brilliant.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 pmI was thinking about Hearts.
We don't know what'll happen because Hearts actually hasn't returned yet.
The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pmHow the same can be said about Super?
"They are all just trash. That's the main thing binding all Dragon Ball Super arcs.". - like this.
The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pmIsn't this the show where someone stole Goku's sperm to make a evil son of him to kill everyone?
No. What are you even saying? Do you actually know what you're talking about or you just see some stuff here and there without context and think it's enough to judge?
The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pmIf super is a cashgrab Heroes is the slimy cousin that will do anything for money, including selling drugs to kids in the shape of gacha games. The villains are mindless evil guys like cumber( Broly but the mask from Bane) and the sole focus of making crossovers.
There is no "if". Everything we have today is a cashgrab. Heroes, the movies, Dragon Ball Super, the manga... They're all cashgrab.
The Bastard. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pmAlso the designs are awful, pretty sure one guy is just Kabuto OC in DB clothes.
You really want to compare designs? Sure? Because even Toriyama puts a lot more effort when making characters for the games than he does for Dragon Ball Super.

Mira, Towa, Android 21, Shallot completely overshadows almost everything/everyone he created for Dragon Ball Super. There isn't a single new character whose design I can say it was a highlight off the top of my head.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:38 pmHeroes is a promotional anime with very short episodes.
Dragon Ball Heroes is an arcade game. If you want more and with stuff in more details, check that out instead.

A note: I probably don't need to say it, but if you all base your opinions solely on the anime version of the events (which is not even the main continuity) and are completety ignorant to the arcade version, then your opinion amounts to little. We can't have a proper exchange of information if you're experiencing Heroes the wrong way.

~ Day of the Machines ~

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pm

People *can’t* play the arcade game unless they live in Japan, through. Watching random, scattered playthroughs and hoping someone translates any amount of dialog is not a sufficient replacement.

There’s nothing wrong with consuming just one version of a story and wanting to talk about just that one version. That story’s own plot beats and continuity are its own issues worthy of its own discussion, positively or negatively.

Yes, it’s a glorified commercial for a game, but it’s simultaneously its own standalone product.

You don’t get to dictate who wants to talk about what. It’s not like this is a “Heroes game-only” community. You’re literally responding *in the thread dedicated to the promo anime.* You CAN talk about the game, but you don’t HAVE TO. This isn’t a case like the Super anime and manga that have a concerted, official, worldwide simultaneous release where it’s possible and even expected that the hardest of hardcore fans were/are keeping up with both.

Someone’s opinion isn’t “invalid” because they haven’t memorized the intricacies of the game, manga, and anime events of a sub-property where not a single version of any of those isn’t even internationally licensed for them to consume in the first place.

Share and teach. Get outta here with the belittling nonsense.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::