Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:51 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
sangofe wrote:That Vegetto fight with Cumber was really dull.
I think that everyone agrees with that sediment.
*Sentiment.
Sediment is the dirt in the ground or on beaches or something like that.
Actually try looking it up, if you want, because I can't come up with a proper definition :think:
My bad. Spell check messed me up.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:30 am

Is episode 4 out?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Is it bad that I have accepted the SDBH episodes as a Canon continuation of DBS, after the TOP?
P O W E R

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Is episode 4 out?
The fourth episode will be released September 27.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:56 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
I only asked because there was a video in my YouTube recommendations claiming to be the 4th episode subbed in English, but I guess it was fake.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
I only asked because there was a video in my YouTube recommendations claiming to be the 4th episode subbed in English, but I guess it was fake.
I think that I had a notification about the same thing. I will take a look at it. You never know... :D jk
P O W E R

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:17 pm

If I had to guess, people are probably taking footage from the arcade game's UVM3 and UVM4 introductory / special videos to fabricate things.

Probably just safe to blanket state "don't watch unofficial YouTube channels" for things like this.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:48 am

Alright. Tomorrow will finally be Episode 4, and I really hope they don't make it as boring as possible.

Fuu is a great character and he brings something new to the DB with his wild card personality. Please, make his fight entertaining, even if it only lasts for a minute or two.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Xeogran wrote:Alright. Tomorrow will finally be Episode 4, and I really hope they don't make it as boring as possible.

Fuu is a great character and he brings something new to the DB with his wild card personality. Please, make his fight entertaining, even if it only lasts for a minute or two.
After episode 3, it can't possibly be any worse than that. The theme song feels like it goes on forever.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Alright. Tomorrow will finally be Episode 4, and I really hope they don't make it as boring as possible.

After episode 3, it can't possibly be any worse than that.
Tempting fate...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Cumber acknowledges Super Saiyan God in the anime continuity as well! Episode 5 confirmed and the return of Vegetto... in his Xeno incarnation and as Super Saiyan 4! :D

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:39 pm

Episode 4: “Rage! Super Fu Appears!!”

Cumber has transformed into a Great Ape and blasts at Vegetto, who splits back up into Goku and Vegeta. Goku suggests that they cut off Cumber’s tail, but Vegeta already had that in mind and is mad at Goku for ordering him around. The two become regular Super Saiyans and charge Cumber, but he uses his tail to swat Vegeta aside, then steps on Goku. Cumber may be big, but he’s still fast! Trunks goes Super Saiyan too and tries to slice off Cumber’s tail with his sword, but he gets swatted aside as well. Trunks and Vegeta then team up to blast at Cumber, while Goku struggles under Cumber’s foot.

Cooler fires at Cumber too, but to no effect. Over in his control room, Fu encourages Cumber to keep fighting…but when a warning light starts flashing, he realizes the battle between Cumber and the others has gone too far; he’ll have to go keep them in line. Back on the battlefield, Cumber continues to press his foot down on Goku, taunting him and the rest that they can’t lay hands on his tail. Goku suddenly becomes Super Saiyan Blue and bursts out from underneath Cumber’s foot, then charges him with a Kaio-Ken x20 assault. As Cumber’s counterattacks create visible cracks in the sky, the two’s battle is suddenly interrupted by a place from the side. It’s Fu, who tells Cumber not to break things.

Fu draws his sword and uses it to absorb the Power Ball still hanging in the sky, then slashes at Cumber, who reverts to his original form. Fu tells everyone to continue the fight and retreats from the battlefield, avoiding a blast from Cooler in the process. While Vegeta wonders what Fu is plotting, Cumber starts powering up again. Goku becomes Super Saiyan God, and Cumber seems to recognize his red hair…

Next episode: “The Mightiest Warrior! Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto!!”
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:28 am

Herms wrote:Next episode: “The Mightiest Warrior! Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto!!”
*Grins massively*

First episode for me to be excited about since episode 1.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:47 am

Oh, just noticed that the fifth episode will be released during Heroes anniversary event. Man that October 28th, Sunday, will be a busy day. Lots of stuff will come out and be revealed.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:55 am

It's amazing to me how poorly made this series is. I really do enjoy the concepts and ideas but holy moly has Yamamuro done a terrible job with the storyboarding and animation supervision. I wish he'd show a little ambition for once and push for stronger fight scenes.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:25 am

That was what? Six whole minutes when you take off the recycling of the ending of the last episode, pretty pointless to be honest.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:30 am

Cumber recognizing Goku's Super Saiyan God form is easily the most interesting character interaction to come out of this storyline, even if it probably won't lead anywhere. I was convinced this would have been exclusive to the manga, so I guess it's pretty cool that they didn't leave that part out.

Still hot garbage otherwise. Wonky power-scaling is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae: Fu is about as bland as filler-esque villains come, and Prison Planet's entire premise relies on a diversion literally designed as an excuse to show off totally-rad-epic-cool transformations. Sure, maybe that's what Heroes is all about, but this specific "arc" (if you can call it that) encapsulates the worst of it.

...and despite all of that, I'm still morbidly curious enough to keep watching new webisodes. Super Saiyan 4 Vegetto is practically begging to advertise itself.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:35 am

Cumber is a great character (in my opinion at least). He is not a destructive Legendary Saiyan like Kale or Broly, rather he was something different. The Evil Saiyan. His title, his power and his evil nature have given me the impression that Cumber was the Leader of the Evil Saiyans who sought to gain control over Planet Vegeta and crush the insurgents led by Yamoshi. I wouldn't be suprised if Cumber was the one to actually kill Yamoshi.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:24 am

I like how EP5 title states Vegito SSJ4 is stronger than Vegito Blue lol.

Anyway, it's the second episode i'm hyped for after first one.
Vegito SSJ4 was a fan dream for years.
Also, maybe his design will look better animated than it did in 3D preview.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:Cumber is a great character (in my opinion at least). He is not a destructive Legendary Saiyan like Kale or Broly, rather he was something different. The Evil Saiyan. His title, his power and his evil nature have given me the impression that Cumber was the Leader of the Evil Saiyans who sought to gain control over Planet Vegeta and crush the insurgents led by Yamoshi. I wouldn't be suprised if Cumber was the one to actually kill Yamoshi.
Am I wrong in taking this as sarcasm?