Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:34 pm

Can somebody tell me what the hell was of Golden Metal Cooler? he was trashing SS3 Cumber and that fight was never seen again. The manga had Cooler opening a hole on Cumber's chest IIRC.

Are suppose to see him again? or will there be another Cooler, if he ever comes back?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:34 pm Can somebody tell me what the hell was of Golden Metal Cooler? he was trashing SS3 Cumber and that fight was never seen again. The manga had Cooler opening a hole on Cumber's chest IIRC.

Are suppose to see him again? or will there be another Cooler, if he ever comes back?
There currently is a Cooler in Fu's army. We have no idea if that's still the same one, though. Would be awkward if he wasn't.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:31 pm
Gt91 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm Spoilers for episode 5 are out.
Seems bizarre to me to label them as "spoilers"; they're items directly from the episode's own official summary.
Alright :thumbup:

p.s. there were several "metal cooler" in the movie. Maybe he's just one of them or he's from another timeline. We'll see :)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm

I have to wonder if the apparent prominence of many of the movie villains is an indication that at least one or two of them will receive the Broly and Gogeta treatment of becoming “canon” in the near future, or if they’re just going to be relegated to this.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm I have to wonder if the apparent prominence of many of the movie villains is an indication that at least one or two of them will receive the Broly and Gogeta treatment of becoming “canon” in the near future, or if they’re just going to be relegated to this.
I don't think it's got anything to do with being brought into canon. Instead, I think it's more a case of "let's make new cards for these neglected characters we have and maybe increase sales". Either way, we still have no clue what's going on with the supposed next Super movie, and the Moro arc is probably not gonna end until like November or later, so it'd probably be a bit soon to make any predictions for Super based on what Heroes is doing right now.

Also this episode was awful.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:56 pm

Alruneia wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:44 pm I have to wonder if the apparent prominence of many of the movie villains is an indication that at least one or two of them will receive the Broly and Gogeta treatment of becoming “canon” in the near future, or if they’re just going to be relegated to this.
I don't think it's got anything to do with being brought into canon. Instead, I think it's more a case of "let's make new cards for these neglected characters we have and maybe increase sales". Either way, we still have no clue what's going on with the supposed next Super movie, and the Moro arc is probably not gonna end until like November or later, so it'd probably be a bit soon to make any predictions for Super based on what Heroes is doing right now.

If nothing else, I at least think there’d be some story potential in Cooler being brought over to the main canon. I don’t think I’d be able to say the same for Tullece, Bojack or even Janemba, though.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 am Ofc it is a bruh moment when SS4 transformations convert your clothes, but hey SS4 magic.
what conversion?

they just destroyed most of their cloths with the exception of pants and gloves.

They always had those clothes under their uniforms

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm

Super Dragon Ball Heroes always takes a bit more than it gives, but this arc is doing nothing for me so far, and I always go into this advert-series with low expectations, lmao. In fact, I really dislike it. I'd say that the Universal Conflict arc was decent at least, obviously very ambitious and not always executed well, but there was always a hook that kept me coming back every month. Ever since Cumber vs. Golden Meta-Cooler and Goku vs. Hearts, there was always a lingering sense that the quality was getting better. I genuinely enjoyed watching a new episode during my breaks at work.

This arc had a fairly compelling start. Although I never seriously expected a Goku vs. Beerus rematch here, the idea of the Hakaishin coming to play an active role in the plot was interesting. Plus I like Tokitoki. He's a bird, birds are cute (even Goku thinks so). But it's been such a downward spiral since then. It turns out Beerus was just bait for a boring "Tree of Might" rip-off storyline except with Fu and more boring, irrelevant old movie villains along for the ride and worse animation. Sorry, I don't care how many steroids are packed into those kiwano melons Tullece eats, there's no way you're gonna have me believe he can fight evenly with Super Saiyan Blue Goku. This is Dragon Ball Heroes! At least give him Super Saiyan 3 or something! Anywho, this Dr. W guy's probably gonna turn out to be Dr. Wheelo, and he wants to resurrect Janemba for some reason... great, I guess? This just feels like such a step back.

So yeah, I'm yeeting myself out of this one.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm Anywho, this Dr. W guy's probably gonna turn out to be Dr. Wheelo
But why even make that some kind of reveal? Why not just say it at the outset?

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:08 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm But why even make that some kind of reveal? Why not just say it at the outset?
Because most people forgot about Wheelo, or DBZ Movie 2 for that matter.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:56 pm

If nothing else, I at least think there’d be some story potential in Cooler being brought over to the main canon. I don’t think I’d be able to say the same for Tullece, Bojack or even Janemba, though.
I think it would be neat to see a canon arc where Turles and Slug are fighting over the remnants of Frieza's empire, with Cooler coming in at some point. Then again, I would want such an arc to take place between Buu and when Beerus arrives - I just can't see them being much stronger than "OG DBZ" levels. It's the same reason that canon Broly feels weird - I'm so used to OG Broly's strength.

I'd also like a canon Garlic/Garlic Jr. arc, but that should have happened before Raditz.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Yay, July 30th! :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:53 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:08 pm Yay, July 30th! :D
I almost feel the same way. Kinda sad we don't have better quality animated Dragon Ball to "look forward to", though...

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Episode 24:

- I thought Vegeta would not be the fool to fall for the same technique Goku did it moments before

- Loved the transition between SSJ3 and 4, though I know that's not the natural course presented in the original series, but still possible anyway

- I quite enjoyed the concept of an enemy studying Goku and Vegeta movements, just to have his analysys complete and vanish leaving them with nothing, but question marks :lol:

- I know Fuu only intended to capture Toki-Toki, but he could have used Dogi-Dogi paralysis skill to have Bojack and Tullece kill Goku and Vegeta at once.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:39 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:53 amI almost feel the same way. Kinda sad we don't have better quality animated Dragon Ball to "look forward to", though...
I think Heroes could be a vastly superior anime if it was allowed to have a proper run time and staff, even if it just aired every other week or even once a month.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:46 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:39 pm
sangofe wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:53 amI almost feel the same way. Kinda sad we don't have better quality animated Dragon Ball to "look forward to", though...
I think Heroes could be a vastly superior anime if it was allowed to have a proper run time and staff, even if it just aired every other week or even once a month.
It could be entertaining if it had good animation, but the story and characters would still be trash, Dragon Ball Heroes feels nothing like Dragon Ball. It feels like someone made a cartoon version of Dragon Ball.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:46 pmIt could be entertaining if it had good animation, but the story and characters would still be trash.

Dragon Ball Heroes feels nothing like Dragon Ball. It feels like someone made a cartoon version of Dragon Ball.
Obviously a lot of things on the writing side would need to be changed and improved in order to work, but the ideas are definitely there.

This is exactly how I feel about most of modern DB, just content that has the name but not the soul of what made the original work, with the exception of the BOG movie.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:48 pm

There’s no point in expecting anything from this show. It’s just an excuse to promote an arcade game. It’s about as bottom of the barrel as it gets. It’s not meant to be judged on any sort of critical level.

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 am

Honestly of all the one-off movie villains, I can't think of anyone besides Broly that had the potential to be re-integrated into the modern DB universe, and be able to be transformed into an interesting character. Maybe Cooler due to the Freeza connection? Or perhaps Tullace or Bojack?
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:43 am

ArmenianPepsi wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 am Honestly of all the one-off movie villains, I can't think of anyone besides Broly that had the potential to be re-integrated into the modern DB universe, and be able to be transformed into an interesting character. Maybe Cooler due to the Freeza connection? Or perhaps Tullace or Bojack?
Cooler will probably be the second and last villain brought into "canon" by Toriyama, as the others don't have much to offer.