Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 09, 2019 3:23 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:39 am
Kanassa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 am Why Fuu? Why did you turn Cooler into the worst version fo Cooler with a lazy eye!?
That was Golden Cooler. The definition of anti-hype.
Golden Cooler was at least cool. Metal Cooler is, at best, is chrome vomit
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 09, 2019 3:59 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:23 am
Kanassa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 am Why Fuu? Why did you turn Cooler into the worst version fo Cooler with a lazy eye!?
Using one ki blast per 5 episodes that does nothing. Nah, I prefer Metal Cooler's showing from the movie.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 pm I'm a bit disappointed with Kamioren design. I was hyped for this fusion and expecting something cooler than mix of Frieza and Sealas.
He/she doesn't look bad, but nothing outstanding really. Their base forms are much better.
I also hoped SDBH will ignore existence of this garbage SSBE 'form'.
Why is Evolved Blue a garbage? I mean it may not be a form that had any reason of existence for some people, it may be just ugly looking, but I personally don't think that it is garbage. State your opinion please.
I feel the same. It’s a recolor of a recolor, just a darker shade of blue.
It's supposed to resemble SSGSS hence the name is SSGSS Evolution it's like complaining SS2 has yellow hair like SS1. And it's not a recolour of a recolour he has pupils, more muscles and longer hair. That's like me again saying SS2 is just SS1 with lame sparky effects.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:23 am

Weird how Trunks is just never uses his rage form or whatever. I mean heroes goes all out on pretty much everyone else when it comes to forms. Trunks does it in the previous OP, but for some reason never uses it in the show itself. I mean I never liked the rage form, but it may as well show up just for the fanservice for Trunks fans.

Not much else to really say about the episode. It's a thing. I don't expect much from it and I'm curious what it should be compared to for promotional 10 minute or so shorts. I'm unaware of anything to compare to that has dialogue and fight scenes, etc. All to promote a brand.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:59 am

Using one ki blast per 5 episodes that does nothing. Nah, I prefer Metal Cooler's showing from the movie.
Lazy ally is better than useless antagonist. THough, I was more talking about design than anything.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 09, 2019 9:23 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 am

Lazy ally is better than useless antagonist. THough, I was more talking about design than anything.
How was he useless? Almost took over New Namek and won the arc, were it not for movie logic where he had to die at the end.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:43 am

dbzfan7 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:23 am Weird how Trunks is just never uses his rage form or whatever. I mean heroes goes all out on pretty much everyone else when it comes to forms. Trunks does it in the previous OP, but for some reason never uses it in the show itself. I mean I never liked the rage form, but it may as well show up just for the fanservice for Trunks fans.

Not much else to really say about the episode. It's a thing. I don't expect much from it and I'm curious what it should be compared to for promotional 10 minute or so shorts. I'm unaware of anything to compare to that has dialogue and fight scenes, etc. All to promote a brand.
Truth be told, when Goku was brought to his knees by Lagss and then Hearts pinned him down, I expected Trunks to unlock his Rage form and charge with Vegeta towards Hearts. Also, I was expecting AT LEAST one blast from Toppo against Zamasu or Hearts, but never got it. Nor his expression at Evolved Blue Vegeta. Too bad.

I loved the episode though. It had a good flow, with amazing fights that promised for some fast-paced action that Heroes lacked as of recently. Yup, I am alright with Heroes being whatever. I didn't ask for it and I am getting it.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 09, 2019 12:14 pm

This episode was boring. Also what happened to Kamin and Oren? They weren't even shown at the end of episode. Did they stay in Jiren's universe or what lol.

Also, is Meta Cooler stronger than Golden Cooler or Fu simply cloned Cooler? I don't get it. Why would he turn him into weaker version, even if its much better (let's be real).
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:34 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:14 pm This episode was boring. Also what happened to Kamin and Oren? They weren't even shown at the end of episode. Did they stay in Jiren's universe or what lol.

Also, is Meta Cooler stronger than Golden Cooler or Fu simply cloned Cooler? I don't get it. Why would he turn him into weaker version, even if its much better (let's be real).
I kinda enjoyed Vegeta wrecking these spoiled brats. Anyway, theor concept reminds me of Baby so I like them, back to the point though, they mkst definitely went back to Hearts after being beaten.

Also, I think that this Meta Cooler is from another timeline. Not the roginal one, but the one who cloned himself into machines. Perhaps Fu has upgraded him and his army of Metas. We shall see. Golden Cooler not being a thing though sounds bad for marketing. I mean, he probably escaped, no way would he be killed by Fu.

It also sounds interesting. Cooler escaping this rampage and managing leaving from the Prison Planet without being involved in a new conflict. Which is why we need Meta Cooler. To have that element of his.
P O W E R

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu May 09, 2019 12:36 pm

SSJ Colgate vs Aquafresh was a decent fight :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:34 pm Also, I think that this Meta Cooler is from another timeline. Not the roginal one, but the one who cloned himself into machines. Perhaps Fu has upgraded him and his army of Metas. We shall see. Golden Cooler not being a thing though sounds bad for marketing. I mean, he probably escaped, no way would he be killed by Fu.
The manga is the only version of the Prison Planet story where Cooler didn't chase after Fuu, so I think the implication is supposed to be that Cooler's chase ended with Fu capturing him and either creating a duplicate or Darth Vader-ing him. I'm hoping this ends with Cooler having his 'YOU CAN'T TAKE MY PRIDE!' moment.
Xeogran wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:23 am
Kanassa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 am

How was he useless? Almost took over New Namek and won the arc, were it not for movie logic where he had to die at the end.
He took over a planet that is a replicate of a planet even his weaker brother in a much weaker form had little trouble subjugating and only managed to last the movie's run time because the good guys held back before basically handing Goku and Vegeta the win on a silver platter even at their weakest.

Even in the shitty, shallow anime version of Prison Planet he at least brought Goku back from beserk, told them how Cumber's abilities worked and (I think?) held off Cumber for a moment.

Can we at least agree the game version was better character-wise?

Kanassa wrote:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:51 pm

That Zamasu vs. Jiren scene was so cool. It definitely proves that brute strength is meaningless against the power of divine immortality.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Would I be justified in saying that the best thing about this series is the opening?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 09, 2019 4:20 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:14 pm This episode was boring. Also what happened to Kamin and Oren? They weren't even shown at the end of episode. Did they stay in Jiren's universe or what lol.
Episode 12 summary revealed that they went to U7 with Hearts and will fuse into Kamioren again for some reason.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:18 pm Would I be justified in saying that the best thing about this series is the opening?
If we're speaking about out of universe things, the best thing is Koyasu's performance as Hearts. He feels so charismatic and lively.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu May 09, 2019 8:25 pm

Couldn't Crunchyroll get the rights to release it subtitled?

It's a crappy series but watchable.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Why is Evolved Blue a garbage? I mean it may not be a form that had any reason of existence for some people, it may be just ugly looking, but I personally don't think that it is garbage. State your opinion please.
It's supposed to resemble SSGSS hence the name is SSGSS Evolution it's like complaining SS2 has yellow hair like SS1. And it's not a recolour of a recolour he has pupils, more muscles and longer hair. That's like me again saying SS2 is just SS1 with lame sparky effects.
I understand it’s supposed to resemble Blue. I still don’t like it. Nitpicking aside the form is still just a darker shade of blue. You can like it, no one is stopping you. But it’s by far my least favorite “form”

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:16 pm

If Meta Cooler is chrome vomit, Golden Cooler is yellow vomit.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:16 pm

If Meta Cooler is chrome vomit, Golden Cooler is yellow vomit.
Golden vomit you mean.

Kanassa wrote:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat May 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 am

I understand it’s supposed to resemble Blue. I still don’t like it. Nitpicking aside the form is still just a darker shade of blue. You can like it, no one is stopping you. But it’s by far my least favorite “form”
While Evolved isn't my favorite form, it's more than a slight color changed. Vegeta's body gets notably bigger like Super Vegeta, his eyes gains shades like Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan God, and UI, and his aura is different.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 12, 2019 7:53 am

sangofe wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:48 am
VegettoEX wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:29 am It was indeed Bandai that approached Toei/Shueisha about doing a new series in 2008/2009. They had Heroes that had successfully made the transfer from the previous Carddass arcade titles and was really making a name for itself with all of its new innovations, and they wanted a TV series to support it.

If you read between the lines, they wanted a Heroes show. Toriyama shot down whatever the idea was, and so in response (and everyone else still wanting "new" Dragon Ball on TV to support this growing merchandise empire), Kazuhiko Torishima pitched the idea of re-editing the old show. Thus, Kai.

Torishima himself is the one who tells this story, which comes from one of the bonus videos on Kaze's Dragon Ball Kai releases. I believe sangofe & co. subtitled it at one point, but I don't have the exact video handy right now.

The current promo anime feels like a decade-delayed consolation prize.
I did indeed translate those interviews. I translated from French subs with someone with a good level in Japanese and English checking the translation.
If anyone's interested in watching the interviews they can do so by going here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29086&hilit=Torishima