Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Shaddy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:48 pm

I don't think it's about the actual arcade machines, I think "the arcade version is better" is what needs to be true in order to keep saying Heroes has the "real" meat of modern DB "story"telling over anything Toriyama writes, after the Heroes anime proved to be shallow as all hell. That almost nobody else got the "true experience" is an asset, because it means nobody can say "no, the arcade story sucks too", which is almost certainly true.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:07 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pm People *can’t* play the arcade game unless they live in Japan, through. Watching random, scattered playthroughs and hoping someone translates any amount of dialog is not a sufficient replacement.
"Scattered"? No. There is a Japanese Youtuber (known to us) providing all the dialogues that you yourself can see it's in order. And there is translations to these dialogue, you know it because I'm certain you've seen me asking for those for a time, and then until recently someone would come to the forum to post the link until they were asked to stop. We don't need to hope, it's already there.
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pmThere’s nothing wrong with consuming just one version of a story and wanting to talk about just that one version.
There isn't. But you have to understand you're not consuming the full thing. Therefore whatever we have to say about it will be as shallow as the half-baked product we're consuming. Because we are, by the very nature of the thing, missing (a lot of) stuff. It's just how things are.

It's kind of how people like to express their opinions on Dragon Ball Super manga when the leaks starts, most of the times jumping to conclusions, without the entire context of the chapter. Like I said, it amounts to little.
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pmYou don’t get to dictate who wants to talk about what. It’s not like this is a “Heroes game-only” community. You’re literally responding *in the thread dedicated to the promo anime.* You CAN talk about the game, but you don’t HAVE TO.
Yeah, I should have taken this to the arcade thread. Just didn't want to "turmoil" that one.
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pmSomeone’s opinion isn’t “invalid” because they haven’t memorized the intricacies of the game, manga, and anime events of a sub-property where not a single version of any of those isn’t even internationally licensed for them to consume in the first place.
I didn't say their opinion is invalid. I don't even expect they do what you say, but it is required at least a knowledge of the main product. I don't have a problem with those who just watch, but I do have a problem with those who base their opinions and judge everything based solely on an alternate piece of medium not even supposed to be watched. Hence the region-lock videos. The anime is a promotional material intended for the Japanese audience to have another way to experience the story.

There is no problem with the arcade because Heroes itself never opposed to players posting videos about it.
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 pmShare and teach. Get outta here with the belittling nonsense.
If you've been following my posts, you'll see that's exactly what I do. Most of the times providing links and explanations. If you think I'm belittling someone, then you got me all wrong. But hopefully this post makes my point clear.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Episode 28:

- How intriguing that Heroes aproaches more the concept of the Demon Realm and Makaioshins than the main series ever did.

- I already bear some similarities between Fu and Gohan, but now his power-up form hairstyle to be just like SSJ Gohan? Meh.

- So its seems Beerus made a wish that messed up Fu plans, would that be the first time he was involved in the plot since Zamasu?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Any ideas when the next ep will be released?
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:43 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:16 am Image
So now every SSJ4 in game gets this upgrade apparently. I personally don't like it. I mean it was just introduced and they already gave it to Vegito and now Broly? It's only matter of time Gogeta gets it and probably Bardock as well, maybe even Gohan.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:42 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:43 am
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:16 am Image
So now every SSJ4 in game gets this upgrade apparently. I personally don't like it. I mean it was just introduced and they already gave it to Vegito and now Broly? It's only matter of time Gogeta gets it and probably Bardock as well, maybe even Gohan.
I don't know about Gogeta since he already plays with lighter shades. Also unlike eevry other SS4 he has Kaio Ken SS4, so maybe he doesn't afterall?
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:39 am

Space and time war arc announced for March.

They're going full fan service with this one. Freeza, Broly, Cooler, Cell, Evil Goku 1.0 Tullece, & a free Bojack. :thumbup:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:52 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:39 am Image

Space and time war arc announced for March.

They're going full fan service with this one. Freeza, Broly, Cooler, Cell, Evil Goku 1.0 Tullece, & a free Bojack. :thumbup:
I like how Cooler's close up art makes it look like he's glaring over at Freeza thinking "This fucking guy..."
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 am

Kanassa wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:52 amI like how Cooler's close up art makes it look like he's glaring over at Freeza thinking "This fucking guy..."
I can't blame him, Freeza gets his own movie and is able tot take part in a universal tournament while he's stuck in Heroes, despite being far "Cooler" than Freeza.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:40 am

So Fu's going to be dealt with by March or what? I don't see him on the poster.
But it would also be underwhelming after all this hype that he's stronger than Mechikabura, his potential and all.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:26 am

When's the next ep out, we had the filler one that was more like the card game...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:59 am

Well, the episode was good.
LB ss4 vegeth is pure fire. I'm hyped to see vegeth ss4 vs broly ss4 in their new forms.

I'm glad to see that Cell is back! A new power up/form would be great! (like janemba)

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:12 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 am
Kanassa wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:52 amI like how Cooler's close up art makes it look like he's glaring over at Freeza thinking "This fucking guy..."
I can't blame him, Freeza gets his own movie and is able tot take part in a universal tournament while he's stuck in Heroes, despite being far "Cooler" than Freeza.
Cooler is only famous because he is Freeza's brother, you need to put some respect on Freeza's name :x

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:02 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:12 am Cooler is only famous because he is Freeza's brother, you need to put some respect on Freeza's name :x
I mean, their race is called "Frieza Race." Not even "Cold Race," "Frieza Race."

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:19 pm

I'm so glad to see that my second favorite character finally came in. He looks so calm (for now of course). I just wish they make him talk a little bit, some dialogue exchange would be welcome. But I'm not expecting anything because I know how they portray OG Broly.

As for the episode, the animation looked fine to me but in the anime the way Fu treated his own mother was a bit "off"... the guy literally said "go away". He wasn't that rude in the manga or even the arcade game. Other than that, 0 dialogue between Fu and his father at the moment. Always nice to see Demigra and Robel/Robelu!

Can't wait for the next episode ~

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 am Freeza gets his own movie and is able tot take part in a universal tournament while he's stuck in Heroes.
When you put it like that, it sounds like Cooler is in a better context.

Speaking of better, even the name of the saga gets me intrigued. Looking forward to it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:29 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:27 pmWhen you put it like that, it sounds like Cooler is in a better context.
Super is going to need a senzu. :lol:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:00 pm

A fun so but as always not quite as thought out as it's manga, the parentage reveal was better.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:39 am Space and time war arc announced for March.
the complete title is "New Space-time War".
"New" is integral part of the title, though I wonder what it does refer to as the old one?