Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am

This has probably been answered before, but does this actually air on TV in Japan?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am This has probably been answered before, but does this actually air on TV in Japan?
No, it's YouTube-only.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 pm

I'm a bit disappointed with Kamioren design. I was hyped for this fusion and expecting something cooler than mix of Frieza and Sealas.
He/she doesn't look bad, but nothing outstanding really. Their base forms are much better.
I also hoped SDBH will ignore existence of this garbage SSBE 'form'.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 pm I'm a bit disappointed with Kamioren design. I was hyped for this fusion and expecting something cooler than mix of Frieza and Sealas.
He/she doesn't look bad, but nothing outstanding really. Their base forms are much better.
Why is Evolved Blue a garbage? I mean it may not be a form that had any reason of existence for some people, it may be just ugly looking, but I personally don't think that it is garbage. State your opinion please.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:24 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 pm I'm a bit disappointed with Kamioren design. I was hyped for this fusion and expecting something cooler than mix of Frieza and Sealas.
Why is Evolved Blue a garbage? I mean it may not be a form that had any reason of existence for some people, it may be just ugly looking, but I personally don't think that it is garbage. State your opinion please.
-It looks trash, like a very cartoonish version of SSB
-Its design is the laziest thing DBS has done. Recolored version of a form, that already was a recolor of SSJ
-It came out of nowhere only to give Vegeta ANYTHING since Goku had UI Omen, UI and SSB Kaioken (anime)
-It appeared only to beat Toppo by self destruction and get beaten by Jiren

This form adds absolutely nothing to franchise imo.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:25 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm
-It looks trash, like a very cartoonish version of SSB
-Its design is the laziest thing DBS has done. Recolored version of a form, that already was a recolor of SSJ
-It came out of nowhere only to give Vegeta ANYTHING since Goku had UI Omen, UI and SSB Kaioken (anime)
-It appeared only to beat Toppo by self destruction and get beaten by Jiren

This form adds absolutely nothing to franchise imo.
The only thing that will make it better is if they give it a more meaningful explanation in super 2.0. I do like the idea of Goku and Vegeta going different paths in achieving new levels rather than Vegeta just riding Goku's coattails and getting UI also..
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Pretty bummed by this episode actually.

Now for all purposes I'm watching this like it's an extension of the Goku that we all know and love. With that being said.....

We saw last episode that the Grand Priest himself teleports Goku into the battle and the hype is unreal. He shows up and just flexes his weight around. He is wearing the clothes of the Grand Priest and many ( me included) assume that he had received some sort of training from The GP. This assuming hasn't yet been confirmed in the series but strongly supported by Goku tapping into Omen Instinct at will. It's one of the most amazing moments. But then......he just gets pooped on. So he toys with the fusion and what not but gets humiliated by The Snow Queen from Compton.

It would be like if Goku went ssj against Frieza on Namek just to get toyed with, or if Gohan turns ss2 vs Cell only for the Cell Jrs to overwhelm him.

You have this Holy of Holy moments with Goku entering in with the Grand Priest to just have it fall off. Its like, where is the pay off? I guess I was hoping that maybe him and Heart would tussle and then lose, or bc he still hasn't perfected Ultra Instinct and it wears off or something. Anyway, still looking forward to the next episode.
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:19 pm

I had no idea Toriyama vetoed an Heroes anime before Super were a thing

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 3595948032

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:29 am

It was indeed Bandai that approached Toei/Shueisha about doing a new series in 2008/2009. They had Heroes that had successfully made the transfer from the previous Carddass arcade titles and was really making a name for itself with all of its new innovations, and they wanted a TV series to support it.

If you read between the lines, they wanted a Heroes show. Toriyama shot down whatever the idea was, and so in response (and everyone else still wanting "new" Dragon Ball on TV to support this growing merchandise empire), Kazuhiko Torishima pitched the idea of re-editing the old show. Thus, Kai.

Torishima himself is the one who tells this story, which comes from one of the bonus videos on Kaze's Dragon Ball Kai releases. I believe sangofe & co. subtitled it at one point, but I don't have the exact video handy right now.

The current promo anime feels like a decade-delayed consolation prize.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Damn, Lagss is a freakin' BEAST!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:59 am

I am calling it now, ever since Cumber was sent to U3, we will definitlly see Cumber vs Anilaza in a way.
P O W E R

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu May 02, 2019 9:48 am

VegettoEX wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:29 am It was indeed Bandai that approached Toei/Shueisha about doing a new series in 2008/2009. They had Heroes that had successfully made the transfer from the previous Carddass arcade titles and was really making a name for itself with all of its new innovations, and they wanted a TV series to support it.

If you read between the lines, they wanted a Heroes show. Toriyama shot down whatever the idea was, and so in response (and everyone else still wanting "new" Dragon Ball on TV to support this growing merchandise empire), Kazuhiko Torishima pitched the idea of re-editing the old show. Thus, Kai.

Torishima himself is the one who tells this story, which comes from one of the bonus videos on Kaze's Dragon Ball Kai releases. I believe sangofe & co. subtitled it at one point, but I don't have the exact video handy right now.

The current promo anime feels like a decade-delayed consolation prize.
I did indeed translate those interviews. I translated from French subs with someone with a good level in Japanese and English checking the translation.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 pm

I feel the same. It’s a recolor of a recolor, just a darker shade of blue.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 pm
I feel the same. It’s a recolor of a recolor, just a darker shade of blue.
I respect that. However, people should learn (I am not reffering to you specifically mate) that if we get something new, we should try and accept it as something good. Anything that adds something more to the franchise matters. This will not lower our standarts as a fanbase. We can always make our voice heard, but he should also be thankful that we get what we get. Of course, we are the customers in an essence, so we demand the product, yet some times we have to step back too.

Of course this wasn't really 100% affiliated with Evolved Blue, but rather the fact that most new things tend to be hated a bit, because of their similarities with already existing things. Can't argue with anyone though. Still, we should wait for new and better things in the future! Let this serve as the stepping stone for future projects, that will satisfy us all.
P O W E R

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Episode 11 was pretty cool. The art was on point, as usual, (got some pretty epic shots and troll comments hating on it amuse me) and we had a cut from Shida too, which is always a treat! It does my heart good to see Zamasu getting punched in the gut.

:thumbup: from me, there are quite a few shots of Trunks, Goku and Vegeta that would make good posters :P

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 pm

Another episode already? That was quick this time.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu May 09, 2019 12:20 am

Can't believe they wasted Shida on this thing. It's one of the only half-decent looking cuts to ever come out of this mess, and it was easily one of the lamest things I've seen from the guy. I don't blame him for that of course, but it really speaks to just how apathetic the production of this thing feels. Everything else is...well, just more fighting between heroes with the life sucked out of them and original villains that never had any to begin with. There's a couple hilarious anti-sakuga moments, I guess. Like Vegeta's weird limited slow flying, or Trunks vibrating in midair, but I can't even get much ironic enjoyment out of this after this many boring lame episodes.

Glad to hear anyone who doesn't like it is apparently considered a "troll" though, that's always fun.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 am

Why Fuu? Why did you turn Cooler into the worst version fo Cooler with a lazy eye!?

...Oh yeah, the Hearts shit is happening... I guess I care about that in this anime. Good to see Trunks having a split second of not being Time Yamcha.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 09, 2019 2:39 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 am Why Fuu? Why did you turn Cooler into the worst version fo Cooler with a lazy eye!?
That was Golden Cooler. The definition of anti-hype.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 am

It may not be the most original form but at least it's something different from what Goku uses.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.