Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:05 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:45 am
dbzfan7 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:05 pmI'd love to follow the manga but have no way of really doing it. At most could buy books but there is no english version. :cry:
There is a way you can read the manga. It wouldn't be too different considering you're already watching an anime with fansubs. Anyway, the manga is the least you can do to follow this story, as its author goes a bit deeper than the anime.
How? Can't find anywhere that either collects or translates it. I've seen some Cipher covered stuff but that's about it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:43 pm

I just saw the translated episode, pretty cool. I like the emphasis on Limit breaker being an extension of Full Power, with the whole thing about being just raw Saiyan power, and of course, the reference to GT. I've seen many people complain that Limit Breaker didn't do any fancy feats but I think is better this way since simply overwhelming Janemba sells better the idea of being just an absurdly powerful transformation.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm

Tomioka wrote 'Saiya Power' into the script, which is nice because that term is never used outside of GT. Really nice callback on his part. I wonder how much of that he learned from watching GT or simply asking Matsui?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Indeed it really is a nice callback.

I also found amusing how they sort of embraced the fandom headcanon of SSJ4 being a path focused on the "savage"/earhtly aspect of the saiyan race in a stark contrast of SSG being about divinity.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:15 am

Xeno Pan is such a wasted character here. She doesn't even have anyone to bounce off her playful personality, because everyone is busy fighting and being serious. She just can't function as a character without someone of her age nearby (like she did in GT or DB Fusions - the most recent example in which she had fun interactions with Kid Trunks/Goten/Kid Goku). And seeing her alongside the adult Saiyans, some of which not even knowing who she is, is also awkward.

And if they don't want to give her a solo fight, why even bother putting her on the front line.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:15 am Xeno Pan is such a wasted character here. She doesn't even have anyone to bounce off her playful personality, because everyone is busy fighting and being serious. She just can't function as a character without someone of her age nearby (like she did in GT or DB Fusions - the most recent example in which she had fun interactions with Kid Trunks/Goten/Kid Goku). And seeing her alongside the adult Saiyans, some of which not even knowing who she is, is also awkward.

And if they don't want to give her a solo fight, why even bother putting her on the front line.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 am
Xeogran wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:15 am Xeno Pan is such a wasted character here. She doesn't even have anyone to bounce off her playful personality, because everyone is busy fighting and being serious. She just can't function as a character without someone of her age nearby (like she did in GT or DB Fusions - the most recent example in which she had fun interactions with Kid Trunks/Goten/Kid Goku). And seeing her alongside the adult Saiyans, some of which not even knowing who she is, is also awkward.

Regardless of what she gets, it'll be more than what Goten has.

ArmenianPepsi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ArmenianPepsi » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:53 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 am

Well the SDBH game has given us SSJ3 Raditz and Nappa, and their designs are just great in an over the top way.

Raditz's hair is on a whole new level of wild, and SSJ3 Nappa is just funny with how his beard gets all golden and spiky.
At this point anything and everything is on the table.
First time Dragon Ball fan as of March 2020. Still learning the ropes. Nothing much else to say,

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Episode 25:

- The battle between both Goku's and Vegeta's vs. Dark (New) Super Janemba was somewhat cool.

- Didn't Heroes has SSJ Pan? Why she didn't transformed yet?

- Kinda interested about these magician-like allies.

Episode 26:

- Love that they had Janemba using his warp techniques, it's his signature mark.

- As much as I dig having a form called Limit Breaker Full Power Super Saiyan 4, pink was not a good color choice and that's coming from someone who really liked SSJ Rose Black.

- Double Dragon Fist? Wow, that was pretty badass.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Does anyone know the release schedule for the manga?

Is it monthly? It seems like less...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am

Saikyō Jump is (currently) a bimonthly magazine. It is released in time for the first weekend of every-other-month. The November 2020 issue will be released Thursday, October 1.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Why is there no date for the next ep yet, we're nearing end of the month and they just announced "1 month = 1 ep" on August :lol:
Guess it will be on the very last day.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 pm

That's probably what'll happen, considering there will be a livestream on the 30th.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 pm That's probably what'll happen, considering there will be a livestream on the 30th.
You are right. The next episode will air that day.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 pm

Come to think of it why has Uub never been in the time patrol in any version?

I get why they never added 'GT' Trunks, he's too similar to the other Trunks.

But Uub should be potentially the strongest outside GoDs and SS4's and they recruited every other adult fighter from the GT-like timeline
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:38 am

Yeah I always found that really conspicuous given how much sense he'd make to include in the Time Patrol, as he'd stand out as pretty unique.

The lack of a TP Piccolo similarly seemed strange to me. I guess it's just a Saiyan only thing lol.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:57 pm

Considering how they have handled both Xeno Pan and Xeno Goten, two people directly related to the main character into basically doing nothing and never having the spotlight even once, with the former missing since a the new arc began with no explanation whatsoever, i would say we are not missing much, a real shame because Uub could have a LOT of potential.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:55 am

Actually a fine episode this month, but I thought they'd bother showing 17 vs Super 17.. didn't the episode's summary mention it?
Guess it's left to the game and manga again :shock:

The 10 minute length should be lifted because all this cool stuff happening and the anime can only focus on the main events.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:19 pm

That Berserk SSB actually looks pretty cool.

Why can't we get crazy awesome forms like THAT instead?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:53 pm

"Towa-san", no. No. No. You don't call your mother by her name. That's one thing I feared, that even if we ever get Fu in the same place as his parents, they would treat them as if they were just acquaintances. I want to hear "kazan/haha" or whatever "mother" in Japanese is. The same goes to Mira when he shows up, don't call him "Mira-kun".

I want a nice family reunion I've been waiting for a decade and the three of them acting together against the pitiful Time Patrollers (they can throw Dabura into the mix, I won't mind at all).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~