Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Just saw the episode. These are only 8 minutes long, do they really need to waste so much time on a powerup sequence?

And of course they have to relegate everyone other than Gogeta to background fodder status.

Hearts' attacks with the spirally rainbow arms were kind of cool, though.

So Gogeta is stronger than Zeno now? Or is Hearts just underestimating him like crazy...

And he just makes a huge meteor appear out of nowhere. Ignoring exactly how he did that, you'd think a slow-moving meteor like that would be no threat to even much weaker characters, but hey, powerscaling and consistency went out the window a long time ago in this series.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:22 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:43 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:00 am
Reminder: this series is NOT intended for western audiences or fans whose primary consumption is the main timeline series. There is a reason why it is region-blocked.
The fact that this is a thing shows how truly clueless Toei and Bandai really are.
If you were telling me this for lack of the manga serialization, then I'd agree. For the promo anime, the less ppl that watch it the better. Look at the fandom, they literally have no idea what's going on and attribute the crap quality and story-telling of the promo anime to the SDBH franchise itself. And as an obv SDBH fan, that irks me.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:30 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:33 pm

So Gogeta is stronger than Zeno now? Or is Hearts just underestimating him like crazy...

he is underestimating zeno like fucking crazy.

either that, or cumber in base being stronger than ToP Jiren is applying here, and since these characters effortlessly shit on ssj3 cumber, than maybe they are that strong.

but we know thats not the case.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:46 pm

So in a few hours we'll finally see the conclusion to this arc. I really hope this episode will look good.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:04 pm

Same here. I want to see some good animation in the fight.

EDIT - well, I'm disappointed.
Last edited by SSJgogeto on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 pm

How do we know for sure if the Heroes finale is coming out today?
Caulifla best girl! :)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:09 am

Episode #19 is just as poorly animated and directed as Episode #18. It is nice to see everyone helping during the final attack, though.

Gokuu and Vegeta are getting new outfits for the next arc. Vegeta is getting a blue under armor and Gokuu is getting a black under armor. I really wish this series would have two halves--one for the CC characters and one for the Xeno characters. That'd be a fun idea, IMO.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:07 am

I never thought Gogeta Blue, Jiren and Hit joining forces would be so boring. Actually I never thought Gogeta would take part in such a boring combat. If they didn't put so much charging up and stares in episode 18, they could've had all this crappy little fight that spanned unnecessarily for two episodes in just one.

At least we got to see Zeno playing hide and seek with himself.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:11 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:07 am I never thought Gogeta Blue, Jiren and Hit joining forces would be so boring. Actually I never thought Gogeta would take part in such a boring combat. If they didn't put so much charging up and stares in episode 18, they could've had all this crappy little fight that spanned unnecessarily for two episodes in just one.

At least we got to see Zeno playing hide and seek with himself.
Love allowing the least talented director at Toei Animation have complete control of his own web series. :|
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:10 am

I still can't get over the fact that after all the hype Hearts was getting, his ultimate attack is a slow-moving meteor no bigger than a city block...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:07 am

They nerfed Hearrs as well. :x

He had far impressive feats in his base form.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:53 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:10 am I still can't get over the fact that after all the hype Hearts was getting, his ultimate attack is a slow-moving meteor no bigger than a city block...
In the DBH game, the meteor is a fairly generic technique that many characters can have. No idea why anime tried to hype it up so much.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 am

By the way, Lagss and Cumber are still alive in Universe 3 though. They completely forgot about them.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:33 am

Oh, what do they mean by "The Gods of Destruction are on the attack"?
Is Fuu gonna branwash them?

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:31 am

I mean, at least the rest of the fighters were not completely useless after Gogeta showed up so that's something I guess.

Animation and art were better than in the last episode.

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:49 am

I find it embarrassing that goku vs hearts had better animation and choreography than the final fight

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:58 am

That was it? Lol, that was so anticlimactic. Hearts wasn't such a bad character though, I think he had a compelling motive. It is pretty crazy that Zeno can just erase entire universes with a single thought, nobody should wield such destructive power. Very anticlimactic end to what was an interesting villain. But oh well, I kind of gave up on this arc after Zamasu got killed so unceremoniously, so I can't say I'm disappointed or anything.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:21 am

So in the end Hearts makes it sound like Zeno is the bad guy for having the ability to eliminate an universe just like that, at least that is what I got from what he said. Very interesting that he said that.

Not sure what to take from this regarding the fusions though.
Cumber can take on SSB Kaioken, but SSB Gogeta can take on Hearts?
I mean I get that Jiren & Hit were there to help, but it does seem a bit odd.

That wholesome moment at the end was really nice though.
Jiren realizing he got played at the ToP all along haha! :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:25 am

Well, yeah, the existence of any god--especially one like the Zen-ou--is offensive to the sensibilities of mortals. Nobody should have that kind of power over someone.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:43 am

It was a bit disappointing that Hearts got beaten so easily. Overall this series or first season if we can call that a season wasn't bad.
The first couple of episodes were OK, we had SSJ4 return and new form of Vegito, but those episodes had really bad fights and art.
Then we got episodes with Kamin and Oren which were actually very good. We got some interesting villains and some good fights, as well as U6 version of Baby Vegeta. It lacked Kefla though.
Last episodes were pretty bad tho. Completely unnecesary addition of Zamasu in this arc, Kamioren turning into retarded monster and Gogeta finishing Hearts in a single hit to his core. Yeah it was his weak point but come on. He deserved more than that. Although i enjoyed that one Goku vs Hearts fight with gorgeous animation.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta