Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun May 09, 2021 2:19 pm

Hot damn this episode was good. Were vegeta’s flashbacks doctored up Z footage, or newly animated?

To celebrate Goku day they gave us an episode with 3 Masako Nozawa characters, two of them Goku and one of them figuratively Goku (at least in Tree of Might that was the intention with Turles’s design).

I’m really digging this arc so far. I was disappointed with the last one, but this one is stepping up the shows game again.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun May 09, 2021 4:12 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:33 pm And what was hearts doing?
He lost off-screen to Black, like wow how powerful did they make our resident evil Goku now?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 09, 2021 4:34 pm

And he'll become even more powerful.

So Goku returned to planet Vegeta (albeit in this new Universe), too bad his parents weren't there to greet him... :P Anyway. Cool to see Cumber without that thing, hopefully he stays that way, it was becoming a nuisance. I liked that Vegeta managed to control the evil aura, enjoyed the details here and there.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun May 09, 2021 5:36 pm

Wow, finally a SDBH episode that I enjoy... I'm digging Black not needing his stupid future self there to aid him.

What's up with Cumber? what or who is he? Turles called him legendary evil SS or something along those lines, is he supposed to be the LSS that existed before Broly or was that just something Turles said?
Has his evil power been explained? is it his or it was given to him by Fuu, a black DB or something like that?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 09, 2021 6:47 pm

About the lastest episodes:

- Can we all agree that this episode had fairly decent animation? Well apart from some Yamamuro stills, but yet good.

- Yea, I almost though the masked guy was another character before he said "subarashi" and "ningen" lol

- That black caped man seems to be pretty though, I would liked to see more of him domesticating Broly.

- Wow such amazing concept of a royal battle between three Saiyans, but what the f*ck with Tullece? What is that dark long haired form? And gosh he looks like Gohan.

- Love how SDBH deals with things quickly, we already have Black revealing himself and fighting Goku in a matter of seconds.

- Loved these flashbacks for Vegeta and that in the end didn't changed his ways and he kept sane.

- What is this new form? Blue Evolution but not dark blue hair, and Majin dark eyelines?

- Amazing how even SDBH did more for Vegeta fans than Toyotaro himself lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 pm

Poor Tomioka. I could really feel that he wanted to depict the differing ideologies for Cumber and Vegeta about what a true Saiyan is but the production as a whole lets his ideas down. This would be so much better as a regular TV anime.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun May 09, 2021 8:42 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 pm Poor Tomioka. I could really feel that he wanted to depict the differing ideologies for Cumber and Vegeta about what a true Saiyan is but the production as a whole lets his ideas down. This would be so much better as a regular TV anime.
If only the original pitch all those years back for a full-on spinoff anime had been approved.

Still, it's fun to see Vegeta continuing to show he isn't the same Saiyan he was before. Goku is pretty much the entire reason he's turned things around and become his own person, funny enough.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:12 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:33 pm And what was hearts doing?
He lost off-screen to Black, like wow how powerful did they make our resident evil Goku now?
damn didn't see him collapsed there.
Yeah wtf is he so strong in just Rose and how can vegeta do anything where they couldn't.
Perhaps Black pisses off Goku enough he can't use UI? But even still that's some vegeta wank incoming power scaling wise.

Perhaps they'll fuse and fuck him up.

We have more mysteries to await.

1. I Laggs alive.
2. When is Cell coming in and how strong will he be?
3. If Cumber and Turles are down doesn't this only leave black, possibly bojack/super 17 as enemies?
4. What's the cloaked guys agenda?
5. Whats gonna happen with both sets of DB's?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon May 10, 2021 10:04 pm

Saw some screenshots from the latest episode that made me curious, so I decided to marathon this. The last episode I had watched was in 2019.

Yuya Mori is a good composer.

I'm surprised about Hearts. He's a cool character with an interesting goal. With all these Gods around have a villain who wants to destroy them is something I had thought about. We had Zamasu who wanted to kill the mortals, now we could have the reverse in a godslayer arc

As for the latest episode is indeed my favourite one. The fight between three saiyans was great and it's the only episode i wished it was longer. Goku Black is also the only villain that I don't mind to have back. This may be the best arc.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 am

I loved this episode

But it does feel kinda dated to see Sign Goku when main continuity Goku already has access to the perfected form and is improving on it.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 am I loved this episode

But it does feel kinda dated to see Sign Goku when main continuity Goku already has access to the perfected form and is improving on it.
yeah, but Main Continuity Goku is also wasting it by jobbing.
(I really dislike the management of UI by Toyotaro after ToP)

While this time around there were very little animation, it again felt like the Divine Technique it's supposed to be.
I mean, Goku appearing behind Black and Black realizing it and getting scared really SOLD it

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:15 am

When's the next episode out?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:20 pm

About the last episode:

ultra instinct vs black, destroying a planet, cell, tullece vs black

Man, this series keeps amusing me way more than Toyotaro comic, UI vs. Rosé was something I though it would only keep in fanfiction, that was pretty nice :thumbup:

- But, uh Black destroying a planet isn't somewhat OOC? I mean the whole Zero Mortals Plan was just to exterminate the population and keep the planet as it is.

- Loved Cell return, Norio Wakamoto still got it! I expect many more interactions.

- Tullece vs. Black could have more potential, too bad he was one shotted.

- Episode ended with Goku surprised by two random dudes, I wonder who could be...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:08 am

I'm still floored to see Wakamoto voicing Cell in animation again. I really hope that he is in the next movie so that we can hear him deliver dialogue by Toriyama again. I feel like Tomioka will be too ham-strung by executives to really go all-out with Cell's dialogue.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:09 am

Glad I decided to stay awake a bit longer, lore has just been expanded!

Goku Black unceremoniously transform into Super Saiyan Rosé 3, skipping Super Saiyan Rosé 2, despite the marketing over it. When he and Warrior in Black transformed, Toei put some lightnings, for a brief moment I thought it was their Super Saiyan 2, but nope.

We finally got to see the human form of Doctor Wheelo! :clap: We were just speculating but to really turn out to be true is amazing. Hopefully he stays a bit longer and there are references to Movie 2. I'm pumped to watch Movie 2 now. It's been forever since the last time I watched it, so it'd be good to remember what happened and make the connections to his human form now.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:03 am

Holy Sorbet, this episode was greatness. I wish this had the 20 minute runtime now because suddenly everyone appeared (even Super 17) but they won't have enough time to get proper on-screen fights. At least Dr. W[heelo] ( who'd have thought :) ) finally revealed his true self and got a nice fight with Gohan.

We also got to see the new Bojack transformed too. And Cell is plotting something? Goku achieved MUI (can he finally transform at will now in this series?)

An eventful episode! Hope there will be more like this.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:50 am

I genuinely surprised that I wasn't able to figure out that Dr. W was Wheelo until it was revealed. I mean, all the other movie villians are here so who is this Dr. W guy? :lol: I thought that SSR was supposed to be Black's version of SSB, so I was a bit confused when he went SSR3. Maybe I just remembered things wrong. You kinda have to toss logic out the window when watching these short episodes.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:52 am

The Accountant wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:50 am I mean, all the other movie villians are here
I wish. Bring back Garlic Jr please, he's gotten too underrated recently and would love to see him fight again one day.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:46 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:52 am
The Accountant wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:50 am I mean, all the other movie villians are here
I wish. Bring back Garlic Jr please, he's gotten too underrated recently and would love to see him fight again one day.
You can't defeat Garlic Jr. by fighting him. That's why the movie and his filler arc in the anime feel so weak in their endings. Garlic Jr. literally could not lose, but he loses his temper and provides the heroes with a way to get rid of him. If he comes back in Heroes, they'd have to seal him away with the Mafuba or something. Kinda anticlimactic. I guess someone could technically defeat an immortal character with destruction ki, but not many characters have that, and it would be predictable if someone like Beerus was there.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:48 pm

Now, the only movie villains Heroes hasn't done that much is Garlic Junior and Hirudegarn. Both, in ten years of Heroes existence, only have a Majin state and that's it. And ever since Heroes started telling stories, both haven't been featured in any capacity. It's great that they dropped this huge lore on Doctor Wheelo and are giving him some spotlight, but hopefully they also remember the other ones too.
The Accountant wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:50 amI thought that SSR was supposed to be Black's version of SSB, so I was a bit confused when he went SSR3
And it is. That's precisely the reason why Goku Black can go Super Saiyan Rosé 2 and 3.

~ War of the Dinobots ~