Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:43 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:This episode was pretty darn boring and uninteresting, in my opinion. Golden Coola just stood around looking, Vegetto and Cumber had a tiresome Super-like fight and I'm not sure if the score is actually all that good cause I was more focused on the episode itself.

The fact that these episodes last so little means they rush it and include the parts they think are the best.
I'd amend that to say it was an early Super-like fight, as in the BoG or RoF arcs. Super did much better fights later on.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:51 am

I know this is just a short promotional throwaway, but I hope we get some explanation of who Cumber is, where he comes from, and how he can be so absurdly strong (fighting on par with SSB Kaioken Vegito in base?).

I have a theory, that at some point Cumber was supposed to be Broly. But since Broly is making a big comeback in the new movie, they changed him in the show into this new "evil Saiyan" to avoid confusion / watering down / spotlight-sharing.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:I know this is just a short promotional throwaway, but I hope we get some explanation of who Cumber is, where he comes from, and how he can be so absurdly strong (fighting on par with SSB Kaioken Vegito in base?).

I have a theory, that at some point Cumber was supposed to be Broly. But since Broly is making a big comeback in the new movie, they changed him in the show into this new "evil Saiyan" to avoid confusion / watering down / spotlight-sharing.
The anime doesn't say it, but I think it's mentioned elsewhere that Cumber was an ancient Saiyan who fought the original Super Saiyan God. He may have been the one to beat him, actually. I suspect Shallot, another recently created ancient Saiyan, may have also been involved somehow in the history of the Super Saiyan God.

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:40 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Zillamon51 wrote:I know this is just a short promotional throwaway, but I hope we get some explanation of who Cumber is, where he comes from, and how he can be so absurdly strong (fighting on par with SSB Kaioken Vegito in base?).

The anime doesn't say it, but I think it's mentioned elsewhere that Cumber was an ancient Saiyan who fought the original Super Saiyan God. He may have been the one to beat him, actually. I suspect Shallot, another recently created ancient Saiyan, may have also been involved somehow in the history of the Super Saiyan God.
Anyone got a source on that?

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:19 pm

In the manga Cumber went crazy when he saw Goku in SSJ God state. He said something like: "A Saiyan with red hair!" and attacked him straight away. That means he must have seen SSJ God in the past, probably even fought against one.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Mnich wrote:In the manga Cumber went crazy when he saw Goku in SSJ God state. He said something like: "A Saiyan with red hair!" and attacked him straight away. That means he must have seen SSJ God in the past, probably even fought against one.
And considering Yamoshi lost that fight... yeah, that could have totally been Cumber.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:This episode was pretty darn boring and uninteresting, in my opinion. Golden Coola just stood around looking, Vegetto and Cumber had a tiresome Super-like fight and I'm not sure if the score is actually all that good cause I was more focused on the episode itself.

The fact that these episodes last so little means they rush it and include the parts they think are the best.
I'd amend that to say it was an early Super-like fight, as in the BoG or RoF arcs. Super did much better fights later on.
Even amongst those arcs DBS had some stand out sequences especially compared to their movie counterparts (exception of Shida's cut in BoG).

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Probably a question no one has the answer to, but is there an estimate of how many episodes this'll last? Can't imagine more than 50 or 100 considering how slowly they're released.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:00 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Probably a question no one has the answer to, but is there an estimate of how many episodes this'll last? Can't imagine more than 50 or 100 considering how slowly they're released.
I imagine somewhere between 12 to 24 episodes.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:28 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Probably a question no one has the answer to, but is there an estimate of how many episodes this'll last? Can't imagine more than 50 or 100 considering how slowly they're released.
lol are you seriously, it will probably be 10 or less, and mayyybe they release another anime when they release the next mission.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:26 am

Sandubadear wrote:
lol are you seriously, it will probably be 10 or less, and mayyybe they release another anime when they release the next mission.
Just assumed that because it's the normal amount of a DB series. Though, this is a promotional one.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:00 am

Vegetto jobbing out to Cumber, only for Goku to team up with Fu and they eventually will most likely force him to retreat?.. No thanks.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Kinda awkard that Vegetto just acted when Cumber was about to use his Death Ball or such, not because he was CHOKING his son at first.

I don't care if this guy is Ancient Saiyan or whatever, I'll never swallow him giving trouble to a freaking Vegetto Blue with KAIOKEN. If he turned a Golden Oozaru before, well I could wave that.

Anyway that was just a waste of time that I hope the main series never gets to that level of non sense, poor storytelling for just the sake of selling stuff.

Oh that's right we are almost there

Xeogran wrote:I feel bad for the voice actors having to waste their lives on THIS. Does Bandai/Shueisha or whoever is handling this knows no shame? Glad it isn't 20 minutes long. Literally a stereotype of what non-DB fans think about the series: Shouting, big beams and more shouting. Any semblance of martial arts or even fight scenes is gone. I know this is promotional, but holy shit. Even the 1 minute trailers in DBH get better animation than this and in general are more fun.
You described exactly my thoughts.
Are you kidding? We didn't even get a proper explanation of what was Trunks new transformation and Goku using God again on the actual anime and you're expecting something from that promotional throwaway (like you said)? :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Noah wrote:Are you kidding? We didn't even get a proper explanation of what was Trunks new transformation and Goku using God again on the actual anime and you're expecting something from that promotional throwaway (like you said)? :D
Well, off the top of my head, I don't have any questions to make about Heroes and its lore, which shows that the story Heroes has been telling so far has been pretty much explained or that does not require "spoon-feed". On the other hand, I do have a lot of questions about the series and some of them you yourself mentioned. So yeah, we can expect something from that "promotional throwaway", can't say we can expect something from a goddamn "main series" though.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Just a reminder: not everyone is tuned into Heroes (manga) or has any interest about it, so yeah the "fair" comparison is still between these two animated series.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Goku using SSG frequently again doesn't really require an explanation. It's a form he has, didn't use it for a while and now using it again. The rare times Goku uses SS3 are we supposed to question that? In fact in DBS they actually did give an explanation about SSG's speed and conserving energy etc.

Goku and Vegeta are naturally getting stronger, learning as they go, I am sure the ToP would perhaps make them think about how to conserve energy etc in battle. And probably there and then they decided to ditch SS2 (3 in Goku's case) and concentrate on SS/SSG/SSGSS. The ToP was all their training tested up to that point, there is always room to reflect and grow.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 pm

New episode will be coming out on September 27.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:23 pm

That Vegetto fight with Cumber was really dull.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:36 pm

sangofe wrote:That Vegetto fight with Cumber was really dull.
I think that everyone agrees with that sediment.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:33 am

majinwarman wrote:
sangofe wrote:That Vegetto fight with Cumber was really dull.
I think that everyone agrees with that sediment.
*Sentiment.
Sediment is the dirt in the ground or on beaches or something like that.
Actually try looking it up, if you want, because I can't come up with a proper definition :think: