Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Psajdak » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 pm

Anyone else thought there was something weird with Vegetto's voice?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:27 am

Psajdak wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 pm Anyone else thought there was something weird with Vegetto's voice?
Which one's? Blue or Xeno? Or both? I didn't notice any issues honestly.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:55 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:27 am Which one's? Blue or Xeno? Or both? I didn't notice any issues honestly.
Blue, which is weird, because they are voiced by the same seiyu.

Can't help but feel that their age is finally really starting to show up - similar to how Mami Koyama just doesn't sound fitting for someone of Lunch's age.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:07 am

I just remembered, whatever happened with the owls that Fu collected? The arc starts with protecting Tokitoki then it gets stolen anyway, but now it's like everyone forgot about them :problem:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:19 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:07 am I just remembered, whatever happened with the owls that Fu collected? The arc starts with protecting Tokitoki then it gets stolen anyway, but now it's like everyone forgot about them :problem:
Lmao legit

Although wasnt the premise that the birds were needed to fully power the universe tree? That happened, then it died, but now Fu is Demon King so he doesnt need them? I kinda expect toki toki go all big and push the evil force out of him tbh, if he does indeed play a part in the story.
P O W E R

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:19 am Although wasnt the premise that the birds were needed to fully power the universe tree? That happened, then it died, but now Fu is Demon King so he doesnt need them? I kinda expect toki toki go all big and push the evil force out of him tbh, if he does indeed play a part in the story.
Well we still don't know whatever Dogidogi is though, maybe we'll get an epic battle of birds one episode :lolno:

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:43 pm

I hope we will see Xeno Goten and Xeno Gohan for one last time before this arc ends. They're underrated husbandos.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:04 am

They are gonna fight BoJack, at least Gohan is I think.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:31 am

Episode 29:

- Funny to think that Vegetto Blue lasted more here than in his actual debut in DBS lol

- Really prefer Fu (Dracula Mode) than his previous skin that was a mix of Gohan with Kabuto from Naruto.

- LB SSJ4 Vegetto is okay, I guess... though for me is weird that they need two fusions warriors to defeat this foe

- People thought that new Broly would overshadow the old one, but that's not likely at all. Kinda hyped to see this guy ripping some asses with Bin Shimada voice acting :thumbup:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:38 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:19 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_iZ_lIqPo

New episode at last :thumbup:
So next ep is the finale and the next after that the new arc?

It was fun looking at all those individuals appear. Demigra especially. And I like how they went a step further in trying to explain how Broly got so strong.

Let's see what's up next!
P O W E R

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:19 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_iZ_lIqPo

New episode at last :thumbup:
Huge development for Broly! He now has the ability to say not only "Kakarot", but "Vegeta" as well! Incredible.
On a more serious note, they actually made half an attempt to explain why Broly got strong. I didn't expect that from an SDBH episode.
Gotta say that the shots at the end of the episode felt a whole lot like Toei going "oh yeah, we have all these characters we haven't been using, look at them, here they are". I still don't exactly get the impression that they're trying very hard here.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:47 am

That scene of Broly smashing their heads was awesome lol. I wish it was Vegetto SSJ4 vs Broly alone, as that would be pretty cool "non canon" alternative of DBS Broly movie, with GT based fusion vs original Broly this time. That would be a sweet hypothetical "DBGT: Broly" scenario.
Alruneia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 am Huge development for Broly! He now has the ability to say not only "Kakarot", but "Vegeta" as well! Incredible.
:lol:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:50 am

Broly's got a bio. Does it say something interesting? I see that Xeno Bardock is mentioned...

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Demgira looks so unimpressed this episode, he's just done with this shit.

And Fu must be pissed, he went through all that effort making that arena only for Broly to immediately blow it up.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:22 pm Demgira looks so unimpressed this episode, he's just done with this shit.

And Fu must be pissed, he went through all that effort making that arena only for Broly to immediately blow it up.
Fu the builder~!!
P O W E R

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:10 pm

Episode 31:

- Funny how Vegetto here is lasting like a permanent fusion, apparently ignoring Super nonsense from FT arc.

- Is fairly absurd that LSSJ Broly is capable to resist Vegetto Blue, but f*ck it! That's the Broly, I like! Hope he stays for a while and maybe fight with Cumber?

- This episode was good animated for Heroes standards, also what Fu did it again? Restore the tree? Oh well, better watch out for the next BLAZING EPISODE OF SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:20 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:07 am I just remembered, whatever happened with the owls that Fu collected? The arc starts with protecting Tokitoki then it gets stolen anyway, but now it's like everyone forgot about them :problem:
The manga explains it was to speed up time for the big bang in the newly created universe otherwise it'd be an anticlimax that it takes millions of years and we never see it.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:18 am

I’m happy this arc is over. I felt it was a big step down from the first two arcs of this anime in general—much less interesting antagonists (mostly because almost none of them are new), an uninspired story (maybe a me problem because I’ve seen Tree of Might enough times already?), and most importantly because the past few episodes where the only heroes are “The Vegitos” makes me completely disinterested.

People can call GT “Goku Time” all they want, Goku is the protagonist of this ever expanding story and he is the one I want to follow. It’s ok to sometimes give light to Vegeta, or Piccolo, or Gohan, etc. but there’s nothing interesting about the fusions for more than a few minutes.

So I’m very, very happy that at least Super Goku is finally de-fused, and next month we’ll be with Goku for a bit again.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:27 am

I'm probably giving them too much credit but it seems like they've frozen Vegito and Fuu and geographically split Goku and Geets.

So we will get some better lower tier battles with higher stakes.

I think we might see Gohan and 17 Vs bojack and gt 17 after all, it will just be in the war arc.

So far we only know the frost bros, Goku hearts and presumably vegeta are in the new universe.