Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:30 am

Can't wait to see Black go Super Saiyan Rosé, it's been so long. Also I'm guessing that that rose eye is just some kind of ki blast/technique, because Black actually has grey eyes in Rosé (the same colour as Zamasu's eyes, wink wink), and I doubt Heroes would retcon his eye colour since they've been faithful to the canon versions of these characters.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Scientist Fu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:59 amIt definitely is Black. The way he talks, the color of his outfit and he also talks about a plan. Who else could it be?
Bardock.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:56 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:55 pm
Scientist Fu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:59 amIt definitely is Black. The way he talks, the color of his outfit and he also talks about a plan. Who else could it be?
Bardock.
Boring.

Black >>> Bardock

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:31 am

Episode 34 was very fun, lots of happening. Hope this series stays this way, the new arc is off to a great start :clap:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:12 am

Broly's entrance was great. Too bad that was all the episode had to offer, with amazing animation.

Wonder why DBS Broly isn't introduced in the story? they have to make Z Broly so much stronger so he can tango with the current power levels when with DBS Broly they wouldn't have to force things as much. And if they did, then DBS Broly would be a formidable foe, how could you stop FPSS Broly with a red DB in his chest??

I want to see Cumber vs Broly, Z or DBS, don't care which one.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:33 am

I like how the voice credits for the warrior clad in black is literally just "?". I guess they're actually trying to keep it secret! Unlike Masked Goku Black, who's so obvious that they just let him say ningen this time around.
Anyway, the episode itself mostly had the usual quality to it. Things still just happen, like Broly suddenly showing up for a couple of minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary there. There was a spark of something better in the segment where Goku and Hearts were working together outside of battle, though, starting with the senzu bean and ending with the Dragon Radar. I liked that part.

I also "liked" when Frieza consistently looked like this for several seconds.
:lol:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:35 am

Alruneia wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:33 am I like how the voice credits for the warrior clad in black is literally just "?". I guess they're actually trying to keep it secret! Unlike Masked Goku Black, who's so obvious that they just let him say ningen this time around.
Yep, he also said "Subarashii!", at which point I knew exactly who it was. He literally said the two meme quotes Black is most known for, this had to have been intentional.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:09 am

This was rad. Good animation, fun fights, characters have set their goals so far. What's left to be answered is whether Black actually works for Fu or if he has gone rogue. I'd expect him to have more of a grudge against Hearts tho, assuming that this Black survived Heart's erasure of Merged Zamasu.
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:58 pm

The game already spoiled the Warrior in Black's VA

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:58 pm The game already spoiled the Warrior in Black's VA
It'd be fucking hilarious if it actually was GOTEN BLACK this time.
Can you seriously imagine. :D
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:24 pm

I wanna know who the hooded warrior is.

He has a tonne of scars and shit, like none of the cast do to my knowledge, but they are clearly hiding his identity as if he is someone we know?

WTF is going on there.

His weird ki splash effect was unique too...

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:53 am

This episode was very enjoyable. The animation, the art, everything was an eyecandy. What I liked the most about the episode is the animation of Frieza's and Cooler's tail (that clearly looked impressive), followed by Broly's entrance (awesomeness) and the last scene with the Saiyans (mamamia). I also really enjoyed the cooperation between Goku and Hearts, lovely duo.

There's so much going on and I like it. I can't wait to see the next episode ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:32 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:58 pm The game already spoiled the Warrior in Black's VA
You can hear the warrior grunt quietly in the episode too with Nozawa's voice (around 4:38 when he's taking away Meta Cooler's DB in the air)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:53 am

This episode was very good! :0
The pictures were so clear this time.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:49 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:23 pm
It'd be fucking hilarious if it actually was GOTEN BLACK this time.
Can you seriously imagine. :D
We can make the meme a reality, people. We can do it!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:20 am

I noticed that Broly didn't say "Kakarotto" once in this episode. It's just a small detail but it's a good one. He seems to be more preoccupied with the hooded man. Hopefully he gets rid of his deep hatred or at least learn to tame his temper when he is around him.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Scientist Fu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:20 am I noticed that Broly didn't say "Kakarotto" once in this episode. It's just a small detail but it's a good one. He seems to be more preoccupied with the hooded man. Hopefully he gets rid of his deep hatred or at least learn to tame his temper when he is around him.
I wouldn't count on it. Maybe Super Broly, but this Broly's obsession with Kakarot is one of his two defining traits. The other being muscles, of course.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:24 am

Just watched the raws and I must say I really enjoyed the episode. Rose Black (mask broken), 3 way fight with Vegeta, Turles and Cumber (mask finally broken for him too! Although I kinda prefer him with mask on), Super Hearts, although for a single frame and "Majin" Blue Vegeta?

And damn, if I got it correctly, when Turles taunts Vegeta about being the strongest saiyan and he gets his whole flashback into remembering that Goku is #1, I was like damn, when did heroes give this kind of development? Nothing new on Vegeta there, but it wasn't a realization either, it was him simply staying true to what he learned.

Really enjoyed this. Can't wait for the next one.
P O W E R

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun May 09, 2021 8:18 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:24 am Just watched the raws and I must say I really enjoyed the episode. Rose Black (mask broken), 3 way fight with Vegeta, Turles and Cumber (mask finally broken for him too! Although I kinda prefer him with mask on), Super Hearts, although for a single frame and "Majin" Blue Vegeta?

And damn, if I got it correctly, when Turles taunts Vegeta about being the strongest saiyan and he gets his whole flashback into remembering that Goku is #1, I was like damn, when did heroes give this kind of development? Nothing new on Vegeta there, but it wasn't a realization either, it was him simply staying true to what he learned.

Really enjoyed this. Can't wait for the next one.
I know right? I wasn't expecting the episode to be good and Vegeta not only getting to do something, but also getting actual character development (or rather, not backpedalling on it for a change).

Vegeta's new form is simple and clean too, unlike the eyesore that is SSBE. Until we get an official name for the form I'll just call it "Prideful Saiyan" or something since Tullece/Cumber's is apparently called "Evil Saiyan".

I was hoping Tullece would have more of a presence and wouldn't just job to Vegeta though. I inserted my head-canon too hard on Goku and Tullece's strongest forms having a Yin-Yang theme with MUI being a minimal change with white hair while Tullece has the drastically different SS3 hair except its black, contrasting Goku. I don't like how Goku Black seems to be the better/stronger "Evil Goku".
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 09, 2021 1:33 pm

Some thoughts.

I'm sure entirely accidentally on heroes part tullece hair actually made sense.

SSJ3 draws out a saiyans power to it's very limit. For whatever reason as an inherent side effect or pre requisite you lose the eyebrows and get the iconic hair.

However Tullece has never gone super Saiyan presumably doesn't have the S cells required. But he is eating so much fruit that he..... Drew out his power to it's very limits.

Elder Kai's potential unlock is different and draws the person power out BEYOND it's limits. Plus Gohan is half human.

So Tullece is fruiting his way up into a bootleg unlock potential that can only bring him up to his natural (ss3 equiv limit). Ss3 would just energy drain him on top if he were to do it.

Of course he also has the evil ki powering him up so he's not just SS3 tier.

And vegeta is already using blue, which is above 3 when he gets the evil ki so his hair won't change.

Edit: actually the hair is probably an evil ki not a fruit thing but it could kind of be both/either. Cumber can go SS so the fruit is sorta circumventing the need for s cells... Whatever you get the gist of what I'm saying.

But when vegeta gets the evil ki too he smacks Tullece as bad as a regular blue would wreck a ss3.

The only bullshit is Goku losing to black despite eating a bean. Where's either UI form?

Vegeta was already wounded before this bs powerup which shouldn't be as good as mui so why can he expect to achieve anything. And what was hearts doing?

But I'll reserve my judgment till the next ep or better still manga chapter.

Is cumber dead. He's a dick but it was weirdly sweet somehow he was happy he got a good fight and his mask broke and he passed out. He was actually happy to see another saiyan master his evil ki and didn't really care he lost. A sliver of depth I never expected to see from him I had previously hoped cooler had perma killed him.