Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:59 am

Kokonoe wrote:Honestly loved this more than the entirety of Dragon Ball Super. Fu is such an awesome villain, way better than any of the villains we've gotten after Buu.
Can we consider him as a villain? he just seems neutral to me right now...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:03 am

BrolyKale wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:Honestly loved this more than the entirety of Dragon Ball Super. Fu is such an awesome villain, way better than any of the villains we've gotten after Buu.
Well he's holding them against their will so I'd say he's villain at this point just he's not out to kill them per se.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:14 am

Kokonoe wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Well he's holding them against their will so I'd say he's villain at this point just he's not out to kill them per se.
It depends on the reasoning behind why they are held.

All of the people involved are either evil characters (the majority) or people who have messed with the flow of time (trunks).

I'm wondering if this is just a set up to make future trunks strong enough to justify him getting a new form as one of the final cards *cough super saiyan 4 cough*

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:34 am

ArchedThunder wrote:As if Heroes actually explores it's concepts well.
The anime is even worse since they could have shown us things and didn't. They didn't show us the set up for the story and they didn't actually give the hyped up fight of Goku vs Goku.
this was a 10 minute 'here be da plot bye now' episode with two gokus for the animators to suck of-I mean promote to the fans with a fight against themselves.

I'm giving it 3 episodes max before its time to just hope the fights get better

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:24 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:As if Heroes actually explores it's concepts well.
The anime is even worse since they could have shown us things and didn't. They didn't show us the set up for the story and they didn't actually give the hyped up fight of Goku vs Goku.
this was a 10 minute 'here be da plot bye now' episode with two gokus for the animators to suck of-I mean promote to the fans with a fight against themselves.

I'm giving it 3 episodes max before its time to just hope the fights get better
I saw some people telling that this promotionnal anime will get 12 episode.

Oh also for the people who saw this comment
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I'd like to think that the Dragon Ball Heroes stuff come after Dragon Ball Online & Dragon Ball Xenoverse and that Dragon Ball GT timeline continuity is tie with all the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff happening with Mira & Towa and the Timebreaker.

Of course after all of this if you minus the arcade/avatar shenanigan !

One can argue that the timeline of Dragon Ball GT could have been because of Towa & Mira action retroactively. Same can be said for the movie and the video games exclusives stories with Android 21 / Majin Ozotto and Hatchiyack. Oh and I almost forgot Dragon Ball Legends with Sharrot and Dragon Ball Fusions with Tekka and Pinijii.

This also can explain why Dragon Ball Minus differ to the TV Special of Bardock and why the TV Special Trunks to the one from the Manga both doesn't get the Super Saiya-jin at the same time.

So overall in a certain point of view one can say that the whole Dragon Ball Franchise is interconnected to each others through wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff created by the Timebreaker, and that include too the live action movies.
It was adressed to the GT discution I think that with the Timebreaker we can explain a lot of things now.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:41 am

Kokonoe wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Based off Xenoverse 2 where Fu originates for (outside of baby Fu in Online) I'd say Fu is neutral/anti-hero. All her cares about is being able to do his crazy experiments. He doesn't want to save or destroy the world.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:54 am

-Episode 1-

Why main Goku doesn't know about the Dragon Balls?! That was really weird... :roll:

Xeno Goku seems more serious and mature than DBS Goku. He acts like old school Toei Goku, while DBS Goku is more like what Toriyama wants. I will take Xeno Goku personality.
His designs is also great. Just like SSJ4 transformation, it's a little complex compared to the simple route Toriyama usually follows, but I like it.

So far there's nothing interesting about Fu's character.
I don't like his design and his color scheme isn't cool either. After Beerus, Golden Freeza, Champa, Hit, Zeno, Zeno's attendants and Dyspo, the purple color is overused.
His voice actor is meh.
I'm not convinced about his scientist side yet. He seems generic.

As expected the art is consistently good, but it reminds me current Yamamuro will never get rid of those horrible highlights.
Well at least unlike Shintani designs, characters look their age, so it's not like everything is bad.

The animation is nothing special. Than kamehameha clash between both Gokus is actually laughable.

I wasn't expecting them to use Universe Survival arc filter, considering both directors of that arc aren't working on this.

The plot is interesting. I like it!
- A planet when dangerous "criminals" from throughout the Universe gather and fight each other is a cool concept.
- Defeat strong characters (I assume, six?!) in order to get the others Dragon Ball is a good idea too. It reminds me of the Evil Dragons arc from GT.
- It's the first time this franchise has an arc whose main plot revolves around rescuing a popular character. It's something new and thus refreshing.

Meanwhile in the 20th Movie written by Akira Toriyama himself, let's bring back Freeza and his army again (maybe even kill him again, kill his army again and destroy his spaceship again) and talk about Saiyans past again...

Exclude stuff like Coola, SSJ4 Goku and Evil Saiyan, and this is a much better follow-up story to FT Trunks arc than Universe Survival arc.

I find funny how they act like an Evil Saiyan is something original though. Oh well, kids will love it.

I'm not disappointed about the length, because I was already expecting something short like this. Overall, It was fun.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:34 am

PFM18 wrote: This is seriously so cool. You made these sprites yourself? I loved Legacy of Goku and these look so good
Thank you. Yes, those are my sprites. I actually made plenty of them. Those posted here except Mai were made yesterday.
Mai was made before as a part of Mai set, i was making all versions of adult Mai then, even Evolution (lol)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Episode 1-

Why main Goku doesn't know about the Dragon Balls?! That was really weird... :roll:

Xeno Goku seems more serious and mature than DBS Goku. He acts like old school Toei Goku, while DBS Goku is more like what Toriyama wants. I will take Xeno Goku personality.
His designs is also great. Just like SSJ4 transformation, it's a little complex compared to the simple route Toriyama usually follows, but I like it.

So far there's nothing interesting about Fu's character.
I don't like his design and his color scheme isn't cool either. After Beerus, Golden Freeza, Champa, Hit, Zeno, Zeno's attendants and Dyspo, the purple color is overused.
His voice actor is meh.
I'm not convinced about his scientist side yet. He seems generic.

As expected the art is consistently good, but it reminds me current Yamamuro will never get rid of those horrible highlights.
Well at least unlike Shintani designs, characters look their age, so it's not like everything is bad.

The animation is nothing special. Than kamehameha clash between both Gokus is actually laughable.

I wasn't expecting them to use Universe Survival arc filter, considering both directors of that arc aren't working on this.

The plot is interesting. I like it!
- A planet when dangerous "criminals" from throughout the Universe gather and fight each other is a cool concept.
- Defeat strong characters (I assume, six?!) in order to get the others Dragon Ball is a good idea too. It reminds me of the Evil Dragons arc from GT.
- It's the first time this franchise has an arc whose main plot revolves around rescuing a popular character. It's something new and thus refreshing.

Meanwhile in the 20th Movie written by Akira Toriyama himself, let's bring back Freeza and his army again (maybe even kill him again, kill his army again and destroy his spaceship again) and talk about Saiyans past again...

Exclude stuff like Coola, SSJ4 Goku and Evil Saiyan, and this is a much better follow-up story to FT Trunks arc than Universe Survival arc.

I find funny how they act like an Evil Saiyan is something original though. Oh well, kids will love it.

I'm not disappointed about the length, because I was already expecting something short like this. Overall, It was fun.
Nah Toriyama isn't stupid to kill off Frieza again dude. Also Play Xenoverse 2 for more info on Fuu. Also those new villains are just King Cold,Bojack,Cooler,and Majin Ozutto

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:58 am

While I enjoyed the first episode, there's something that really pissed me off.
It blows my mind that neither Vegeta or Goku reacted to Xeno's 4 form. I was expecting either of them to go: "What form is that? Super Saiyan 4"? I want to reach that form, Let's train Kakarot!?
But nothing...they said NOTHING.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 am

successoroffate wrote:While I enjoyed the first episode, there's something that really pissed me off.
It blows my mind that neither Vegeta or Goku reacted to Xeno's 4 form. I was expecting either of them to go: "What form is that? Super Saiyan 4"? I want to reach that form, Let's train Kakarot!?
But nothing...they said NOTHING.
It really goes to show how rushed it was for them not to think of that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:10 am

If they just followed the SDBH Manga chapter, there wouldn't have been any problems, but they didn't.

-Goku randomly teleports to the Prison Planet. He has no idea where it is so shouldn't know where the ki is to search. The Prison Planet doesn't even exist in the present, it exists in the future. Goku can't teleport to the future. In the manga, Fu uses his sword to slice space to create a door to the Prison Planet. It's through this that they follow Fu to the Prison Planet. You're not supposed to be able to escape Prison Planet through Instant Transmission otherwise it would make no sense. Fu can travel since he's actually traveling through time.

-The scene where Whis says there were rumors about someone messing around with time and where he acknowledges a Kaioshin of Time was deleted from the anime.

-Goku: Xeno vs Goku fight was done wrong. Goku: Xeno attacks Goku directly. In the manga, he attacks Fu, but Goku intercepts and blocks the punch. They start fighting then for a reason simply because they wanted to test each other's powers. The fight was much more brutal in the manga.

-In the manga, Fu gives Vegeta the 7-star Dragon Ball. He does this so prisoners have a reason to fight Vegeta and Goku. In the anime, this wasn't done.

-In the anime, Fu intentionally let's Trunks and Cooler out of their prisons so he can have them fight or confront each other. In the manga, Cooler breaks Trunks out of prison by blasting the door which was much more epic.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:41 am

JulieYBM wrote:My boy Tomioka Atsuhiro wrote this thing and I so wish he had been given a full series to explore the plot. Damn, Bandai, you did Soul of Gold, can't you do Dragon Ball just as much a favor? :p
Wow, seriously? Great to know that he's still involved in Dragon Ball.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:11 am

I wonder if this Fu is supposed to be the same one from Xenoverse 2?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:47 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I wonder if this Fu is supposed to be the same one from Xenoverse 2?
He is different in Heroes than the one you saw in Xenoverse 2.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:28 pm

A little off-topic but still about Xeno Goku. I just found this information on DB Wiki, that Supreme Kai of Time forbade him to use this form (SSJ4) since "it would affect time". Can anyone confirm this with manga or game? I mean, why would it affect time?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:39 pm

There's not a great deal to go off of yet but so far I'm liking Xeno Goku a lot. His head seems screwed on straighter than most versions of other versions of the character. He comes off as more mature and somewhat knowledgeable about the mechanics behind Fu's experiment. Which I like since he should change thanks to his experiences and also to make his interactions with Super Goku and the others more interesting.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:There's not a great deal to go off of yet but so far I'm liking Xeno Goku a lot. His head seems screwed on straighter than most versions of other versions of the character. He comes off as more mature and somewhat knowledgeable about the mechanics behind Fu's experiment. Which I like since he should change thanks to his experiences and also to make his interactions with Super Goku and the others more interesting.
Yeah, really liking Xeno Goku here. Shame this isn't a full series and only a mini series, that said I can't wait to see more. Golden Cooler next episode baby!

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Well that first episode was complete garbage in my opinion lol

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:07 am

If you want a more fleshed-out story (although not by much), you should read the (damn) manga.
Mnich wrote:A little off-topic but still about Xeno Goku. I just found this information on DB Wiki, that Supreme Kai of Time forbade him to use this form (SSJ4) since "it would affect time". Can anyone confirm this with manga or game? I mean, why would it affect time?
Yes, it was said in chapter 9 of the SDBH manga.