Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: 2018 Dragon Ball Heroes Promotional Anime Announced

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 17, 2018 11:10 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Well... this is something.

Heroes material being fleshed out into an anime has been speculated for years. And honestly, I'm shocked it took Toei and Bandai this long to pull the trigger on something like this.
This.
I really have thought for all these years this was inevitable and now at last it happens.
I expect them to really start producing other material that isn't solely the main story anymore.
The "Dragon Ball Room" is really having an impact.

It only a matter of time before everyone starts getting a spinoff manga or OVA.

Dragon Ball is going full MCU. :P

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 17, 2018 11:11 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Dragon Ball is going full MCU. :P
And I couldn't be any happier! :D This would really do some justice for some characters, Piccolo in special, as he needs more attention.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 17, 2018 11:14 am

JulieYBM wrote:Are we even sure this is going to be a series and not just a special of sorts? Seems more likely to me to just be a special, unless Kitarou winds up taking three months off for some odd reason.

I wonder if Yamamuro will storyboard, direct and be the animation supervisor again since he doesn't really have any other use at Toei Animation...
How long is Kitarou scheduled to last for?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu May 17, 2018 11:15 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Are we even sure this is going to be a series and not just a special of sorts? Seems more likely to me to just be a special, unless Kitarou winds up taking three months off for some odd reason.

I wonder if Yamamuro will storyboard, direct and be the animation supervisor again since he doesn't really have any other use at Toei Animation...
At least 50 episodes.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes is getting an anime adaptation.

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am

Something tell me this Heroes anime was done to get their foot in the door for the plan of bringing Super back on TV. Like, after Kitarou ends, they have something to replace it as a placeholder for another long running Dragon Ball show to eventually take its spot (Super).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

At least 50 episodes.
Hmm.

I've said this before, but I'm starting think that Toei and Bandai planned this WAY in advance so that when Kitarou ends they have something Dragon Ball related to take its spot for the plan of Super coming back.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

I'm much more excied for this than any type of Super's return whenever that may be.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am

Looks like this anime is a spin-off.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 11:41 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: How long is Kitarou scheduled to last for?
At least 50 episodes.
Hmm.

I've said this before, but I'm starting think that Toei and Bandai planned this WAY in advance so that when Kitarou ends they have something Dragon Ball related to take its spot for the plan of Super coming back.
This heroes anime will air in July so it's not taking Kintaro's place.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:49 am

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: At least 50 episodes.
Hmm.

It's only a pre-screening. It wasn't confirmed if the actual anime will air in July.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu May 17, 2018 11:49 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Something tell me this Heroes anime was done to get their foot in the door for the plan of bringing Super back on TV. Like, after Kitarou ends, they have something to replace it as a placeholder for another long running Dragon Ball show to eventually take its spot (Super).
This show is starting in July and it's seemingly not a TV series, just a small promo thing. It has nothing to do with when or how Super comes back to TV.

Derf

Post by Derf » Thu May 17, 2018 11:56 am

Really intrigued by this. I think I'm just going to turn off my analytical-fan brain and enjoy it for what it is. I have a feeling there'll be absolutely no point in trying to figure out how it fits into the main series, its status as cannon, etc.

Judging by the existing Heroes material, that'll be the least I have to do to maintain my sanity, lol.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Something tell me this Heroes anime was done to get their foot in the door for the plan of bringing Super back on TV. Like, after Kitarou ends, they have something to replace it as a placeholder for another long running Dragon Ball show to eventually take its spot (Super).
This show is starting in July and it's seemingly not a TV series, just a small promo thing. It has nothing to do with when or how Super comes back to TV.
July is just the screening in Japan and not when it's actually starting.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Xeogran wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Cursemark505 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Hmm.

It's only a pre-screening. It wasn't confirmed if the actual anime will air in July.
If they have 2 episodes ready then I think it's safe to say the show won't be far off July.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Xeogran wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
That's when the first episode is being shown, they aren't going to be holding onto episodes for a show that will air next July for a year, that's not how anime production works and certainly not how Toei works.
This isn't a TV show and the first episode will likely be uploaded to a website shortly after the premier. This is a Promo Anime, not a full show. It's basically a longer version of the trailers we get every other month.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu May 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Yes, I'm excited for SSJ5 Bardock and Omega Dabura vs. SS Violet Goku Jr. and Ultra Instinct World Martial Arts Tournament Announcer.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 pm

sintzu wrote:
Cursemark505 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
If they have 2 episodes ready then I think it's safe to say the show won't be far off July.
How long will each episode be?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 1:03 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:How long will each episode be?
There's little to no information so far but with them making 2 episodes for July 1st I highly doubt they're going to wait a year to air the rest after Kintaro.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 17, 2018 1:04 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

At least 50 episodes.
Where was that stated? It's not impossible for it to end at the end of September and for this new anime to air in October, especially with certain Toei Animation staff MIA.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf