Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:41 am

Do you guys think if Broly will appear in this serie? because we see him a lot in games, openings but never in the anime...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:14 am

BrolyKale wrote:Do you guys think if Broly will appear in this serie? because we see him a lot in games, openings but never in the anime...
Weirdly, I think maybe he'll not appear. He was already the final Dark Dragon Ball in the Dark Empire arc, and since this arc is apparently using characters who were skipped last arc (Coola and Bojack for example) then maybe Broly won't appear. Of course they could bullshit add him later since the Broly from the Dark Empire arc was "Broly Dark" and not vanilla Broly (same difference as normal!Goku and Goku Xeno), but I hope not.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 am

Melkaniator wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Geez you complain a lot dude the movie hasn't been out yet and also your thoughts on it is ridcioulus just wait for the movie to come out.
I will not wait for the movie to come out to express my opinion on what we know about, I'm not complaining about the final product since that hasn't been released obviously, but I do not expect anything actually different of what I'm used to receive from Akira/Toei.

If you don't like my thoughts about it, you're more than free to ignore those and move along.
I think you can at least something entertaining this time around. One of the biggest reasons that a lot of modern DB stuff has been bad in the Toei department, was due to the main creative positions of the franchise being taken up by staff members who though experienced, were well past their prime, and not particularly good.

I think this movie has an opportunity to be better, due to the implementation of fresh, talented staff members in vital positions. Something that I don't think has really happened in 20 years.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:40 am

BrolyKale wrote:Do you guys think if Broly will appear in this serie? because we see him a lot in games, openings but never in the anime...
seeing how this is only about fan-service, clearly not out from realm of possibility lol
first ep had SSJ4 Xeno Goku fight SSJB Goku so I guess everything is permitted lol

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:04 pm

No. I think Kale is the closest thing to a canonical Broly appearance that we will get. Personally, I don't mind that at all. Broly is a cool idea in concept, but in execution he falls flat. Keep him in the video games and alternate movie timelines.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
No. I think Kale is the closest thing to a canonical Broly appearance that we will get. Personally, I don't mind that at all. Broly is a cool idea in concept, but in execution he falls flat. Keep him in the video games and alternate movie timelines.
But it's not Super anime, it's Super DBH - so let your imagination run wild as anything might happen here. This is one huge different timeline, we have guys like Cooler, Ozotto and Bojack so I don't see a problem to invite Broly to the party. It would be interesting to see two juggernauts like Broly and Cumber on one screen.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Mnich wrote:But it's not Super anime, it's Super DBH - so let your imagination run wild as anything might happen here. This is one huge different timeline, we have guys like Cooler, Ozotto and Bojack so I don't see a problem to invite Broly to the party. It would be interesting to see two juggernauts like Broly and Cumber on one screen.
Oops! Seems I forgot which thread I was in. lol

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:09 pm

It was some mindless fun. I don't expect the writing to be any good considering what it is promoting, and since it's not canon, anything can happen and I won't care. Just in for the spectacle.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:30 pm

sangofe wrote:why complain about something that isn't out?
#1) Not the movie itself, as I already explained...

"I'm not complaining about the final product since that hasn't been released obviously"

#2) If you don't like my thoughts about it, you're more than free to ignore those and move along.
JazzMazz wrote: I think you can at least something entertaining this time around. One of the biggest reasons that a lot of modern DB stuff has been bad in the Toei department, was due to the main creative positions of the franchise being taken up by staff members who though experienced, were well past their prime, and not particularly good.
That's (kinda) a good point.

I mean, about the entertaining area, I can't completely agree on the TOEI area.

Yes, I consider the manga version of Super better than the anime, by quite a lot of decisions, so I'm aware of many of TOEI's additions that create inconsistencies, but Akira is still guilty of many awful stuff out there.

• DBS timeline.

• Pure heart Saiya-jin holding hands to acquire a new form.

• Limitations on dragon balls rules being changed

• Forgetfulness on how many wishes Shenron grants.

• Mr. Plot device Whis.

• Having someone who wasn't involved in fight, end it, by One-Shot no less.

• Making a tensionless tournament.

So, I'm expecting more of the same.

More entertaining you say?

I can only hope, but having yet another saiya-jin as an opponent is definitely not a good place to start.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:22 pm

I wonder if this series will be released on BD/DVD.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Sani007 wrote:I wonder if this series will be released on BD/DVD.
Yeah, only available in a collector edition of some next game lol
(just speculating lol)

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:56 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
(just speculating lol)
Or maybe an extra DVD for Dragon Ball Super Movie BD edition.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:02 am

Sani007 wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:
(just speculating lol)
Or maybe an extra DVD for Dragon Ball Super Movie BD edition.
I think that if it does go on DVD, then it will most likely be separate from Super.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:48 am

The second episode is going to air at 4:30pm. Which is terrible for me, it's going to be 4:30am. :(
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:19 am

Grimlock wrote:The second episode is going to air at 4:30pm. Which is terrible for me, it's going to be 4:30am. :(
The first one aired at 1 pm, was it?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:11 pm

You know, bad animation and rushed story apart, but this with proper development could be an interesting arc after the Tournament of Power end on Super.

We could imagine Future Trunks being invited to train alongside Goku and Vegeta with Whis, then this guy Fu traps him on the Prison Planet and lure the others to come up and save Trunks.

Goku from another dimension is kinda meh, cause seriously I got a bit worn out since Black, but I like the idea of having SSJB fighting against SSJ4, wish it was a little longer, and that Goku and Vegeta expressed some curiousity about this form.

No high expectations, I know it's just a promotional thing, but Heroes has a lot of good ideas that could be used as actual arcs in the main series, too bad they waste that potential with just merchandising.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pm

I completely forgot about this. Had a look and it's like one would expect. So with those expectations I'm lukewarm regarding the first episode.

Only two comments, I didn't like Fu's voice and SSJ4 Goku losing his composure and angrily attacking. That's not how Goku acts, completely off-character.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:27 am

LightBing wrote:I completely forgot about this. Had a look and it's like one would expect. So with those expectations I'm lukewarm regarding the first episode.

Only two comments, I didn't like Fu's voice and SSJ4 Goku losing his composure and angrily attacking. That's not how Goku acts, completely off-character.
Where are people even watching this? Youtubers keep claiming its not even out yet haha

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Considering Broly's story is being totally changed up, I doubt it. He can do all the cool LSSJ4 stuff in the DBH game but I guess that all goes away now that his story is being rewritten by Toriyama.

Besides we got Kanba as the big bulking Evil Saiyan so we don't need Broly in this
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:15 pm

New episode coming this monday?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.