Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 am But it does feel kinda dated to see Sign Goku when main continuity Goku already has access to the perfected form and is improving on it.
LOL I guess they read my message.

So, who is this Goku looking fella that can tango with SSR3 just as a SS?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:45 pm

I'm glad Gohan got to do something but SS1 Makes no sense it's post ToP even if this isn't supposed to be the super timeline.

Hopefully the manga fixes things as it often does. Wheelo was dodging SS4s in his old man state yet SS1 Gohan beats his transformed version? Maybe he was powered up by Fuu before.

How do you predict the matchups between Super 17, BoJack and the dragon team shake out? You'd think Cell and 17 would fight super.

BoJack should want to fight Gohan...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:53 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:45 pm I'm glad Gohan got to do something but SS1 Makes no sense it's post ToP even if this isn't supposed to be the super timeline.

Hopefully the manga fixes things as it often does. Wheelo was dodging SS4s in his old man state yet SS1 Gohan beats his transformed version? Maybe he was powered up by Fuu before.

How do you predict the matchups between Super 17, BoJack and the dragon team shake out? You'd think Cell and 17 would fight super.

There's nothing wrong with him going Super Saiyan. He wasn't Ultimate in any scene of the episode.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:55 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:53 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:45 pm I'm glad Gohan got to do something but SS1 Makes no sense it's post ToP even if this isn't supposed to be the super timeline.

There's nothing wrong with him going Super Saiyan. He wasn't Ultimate in any scene of the episode.
He never went SS again manga or anime after regaining ultimate.

It's more powerful and has less drain.

Untransformed wheelo was dodging SS4s...
Tactically and in terms of powerscaling it's fucking stupid in and out of universe.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:58 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:55 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:53 pm

He never went SS again manga or anime after regaining ultimate.

It's more powerful and has less drain.

Untransformed wheelo was dodging SS4s...
Tactically and in terms of powerscaling it's fucking stupid in and out of universe.
Ultimate is a form. He can use it or Super Saiyan as he pleases.

Heroes doesn't have good powerscaling. Isn't this known?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:38 am

The manga scaling is mules better.

Speaking of when is the next chapter?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:05 am

Yeah, it's kinda dumb for Gohan to use SS when he can use that and more power in a similar to his base form. It would be like Buu arc Vegeta using SS grade II.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:03 am

Ha! Called it with Dr. Wheelo! I wish we got a better look at his streamlined mech form, it actually looks kinda cool. As unique as his original monstrous design was, the whole "how would he even fit his inhumanly massive brain into a normal human body" thing always distracted me. Anyway, uh, Super Saiyan Rosé 3 is now a thing? Is Blue 3 next? Wild. I almost expect this other masked Saiyan to turn out to be Goten, so the infamous fan theory can finally be realized in some official capacity. Bardock feels too obvious at this point.

The manga always manages to feel much more dynamic than the anime and actually makes the ridiculous plot it shares somewhat more coherent. This arc is a slight improvement from the previous one, which was just an irredeemable mess, owing to the fact that this one actually has some intrigue and nice character moments. I'm still utterly lost as to why Cell needed to return though, just to teleport everyone off Planet Vegeta. What am I saying... it's Heroes. Still, the trope of "untrustworthy evil character appears out of nowhere to help the heroes for unclear reasons" has gone beyond a joke at this point.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:04 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:03 am Ha! Called it with Dr. Wheelo! I wish we got a better look at his streamlined mech form, it actually looks kinda cool. As unique as his original monstrous design was, the whole "how would he even fit his inhumanly massive brain into a normal human body" thing always distracted me. Anyway, uh, Super Saiyan Rosé 3 is now a thing? Is Blue 3 next? Wild. I almost expect this other masked Saiyan to turn out to be Goten, so the infamous fan theory can finally be realized in some official capacity. Bardock feels too obvious at this point.
I don't know about SSB3, Vegeta has that Berserker SSBE thing going on, and Goku has UI.

I was thinkin, what if the DBS manga gives Vegeta something like what he has in SDBH?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:37 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:03 am Ha! Called it with Dr. Wheelo! I wish we got a better look at his streamlined mech form, it actually looks kinda cool. As unique as his original monstrous design was, the whole "how would he even fit his inhumanly massive brain into a normal human body" thing always distracted me. Anyway, uh, Super Saiyan Rosé 3 is now a thing? Is Blue 3 next? Wild. I almost expect this other masked Saiyan to turn out to be Goten, so the infamous fan theory can finally be realized in some official capacity. Bardock feels too obvious at this point.

The manga always manages to feel much more dynamic than the anime and actually makes the ridiculous plot it shares somewhat more coherent. This arc is a slight improvement from the previous one, which was just an irredeemable mess, owing to the fact that this one actually has some intrigue and nice character moments. I'm still utterly lost as to why Cell needed to return though, just to teleport everyone off Planet Vegeta. What am I saying... it's Heroes. Still, the trope of "untrustworthy evil character appears out of nowhere to help the heroes for unclear reasons" has gone beyond a joke at this point.
Yeah why was his brain so big? Presumably as a human it was regular size, did it swell in the tank as it took on water?
This makes more sense this way!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:29 am

It's late August and we still have no date for the new ep, wasn't the new schedule for episodes to be released once a month?
Now I hope that me complaining will make the news come soon :twisted:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:15 pm

About episode 37:

- How convinient that the demon guys has a portal to a dimension to train in little time like the RoSaT, also that what Whis should have done prior to U6 vs. U7 tournament, way better than coming back to a old concept... Also were they fighting giant shadow of the Ginyus? :think:

- That mysterious hooded guy that certainly is not Bardock is quite strong to resist Rosé 2 while in SSJ.

- I love how Heroes gave another design for a forgotten villain like Dr. Wheelo from Z Movie 3 and also made him more interesting.

- The ending was pretty nice, hope that they don't attemp to fuse... See both Goku at their peak vs. Rosé 3 Black would be much better to my taste.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:33 am

Wen 38?....

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:53 am

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:15 pm - The ending was pretty nice, hope that they don't attemp to fuse... See both Goku at their peak vs. Rosé 3 Black would be much better to my taste.
I agree 100%! Goku is the protagonist of the show, not Gogeta or Vegito. They’re cool every once in a while, but I much prefer when Goku and/or Vegeta (or Gohan or another Z fighter) are the ones that push their limits to succeed.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:13 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:33 amWen 38?....
Around September 16th it seems from the official website.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:42 am

See this is why I can't stay invested in Heroes. The fact that the episodes are 10 minutes long is actually not a problem because they are generally entertaining, but waiting 2 months for a new episode? Seriously :eh:

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:57 am

Is it the 15th or 16th?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:14 am

For a moment there, I thought they were really going for Super Saiyan Rosé 4. Goku Black gets a tail when he transforms into Super Saiyan Rosé 3 Full Power, for some reason. But since he's seemingly been killed, maybe that won't happen.

Of course Warrior in Black and Goku won't interact, why would they? What do they have in common? :roll:

Nice to see teen Fu again! Curious about the wing, though.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:17 am

Holy, that was a very nice episode. Not on the level of Goku vs Hearts, but still very action packed!
And wow that twist at the end, why was Fu young? Did Goku get sent back in time or something?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 am

So Zamasu is the most wanked villain after Broly huh, he's so powerful that he literally pulled Omega Shenron out of his ass. I love how Ultra Instinct and Gogeta seem to have that NWO Hogan contract lol. #ThatDoesn'tWorkForMeBrother.

But I'm glad that Gogeta beat Zamasu clean, it actually feels satisfying seeing him be genuinely hurt and not just being a glutton for punishment because its making him stronger, I HATE that.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels