Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:45 am

Speaking of Gogeta's latest victory under his belt, this just further cements Gogeta's usefulness over Vegetto.

Gogeta killed Janemba, almost killed One-Star Dragon, almost killed Broly, killed Goku Black. Vegetto hasn't accomplished anything other than, maybe, "defeating" Cumber. But considering that Cumber is still around...

Vegetto suffers from the same poor treatment Vegeta gets, unable to properly do something useful. Not a good time to be a Vegetto fan, despite his great screentime, I guess.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm

Well, Vegito Xeno has been shown to be pretty damn effective anytime he shows up.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Did he.... absorb his kamehameha?! WOOH.

So Black got his tail but no ss4? Mmmm weird.

We still have to see Broly and Willow.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:58 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm Well, Vegito Xeno has been shown to be pretty damn effective anytime he shows up.
Really? He got whooped by Broly while getting the assist of ANOTHER VEGETTO :lol:

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:54 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:51 am So Zamasu is the most wanked villain after Broly huh, he's so powerful that he literally pulled Omega Shenron out of his ass. I love how Ultra Instinct and Gogeta seem to have that NWO Hogan contract lol. #ThatDoesn'tWorkForMeBrother.

But I'm glad that Gogeta beat Zamasu clean, it actually feels satisfying seeing him be genuinely hurt and not just being a glutton for punishment because its making him stronger, I HATE that.
Yeah man, that was such bollocks, but I legitimately did not raise a single eyebrow. I'm deadened to it now, nothing surprises me anymore. It bears repeating but Zamasu literally pulled (Majin) Omega Shenron out of his ass, then went Super Saiyan Rose 3.5, then that bastard Cumber came back swinging again, wasn't he fully knocked-the-fuck-out a few episodes ago? Like... how does- why does anyone... what!? *fax machine noises*

I will agree on that last point as well though, Gogeta atomising Black was pretty cathartic. But Fusion has officially lost all ceremony now. Even Vegeta's token complaints just feel forced, like we're just repeating the same dialogue from the Buu arc but less enthusiastically. :roll:

"Really, Kakarot, we doing this shit again? This is like the fifth time this arc."

"But Vegeta, if we don't unite, we'll lose Bulma, Chichi, Trunks-"

"Yeah yeah, alright..."

Gogeta Blue Evolution feels redundant to me. He had darker blue hair in the movie, I headcanoned that he was always in an 'evolved' state. Anyway, the one thing that was piquing my interest somewhat was this Warrior-in-Black, though previews of his in-game moveset are heavily indicating he's Bardock, which is disappointing. Hasn't there already been a Masked Saiyan who turned out to be Bardock? This is whack.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:44 pm Well, Vegito Xeno has been shown to be pretty damn effective anytime he shows up.
Only against Super Buu. It was his plan to let himself be absorbed and that's exactly what happened. However, saving Gohan and the others is attributed to Goku and Vegeta separately. Where are their (Vegetto and Xeno Vegetto) effectiveness against Merged Zamasu, Cumber, Mechikabura and Broly?

The career of this fused warrior is not good, unfortunately.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 pm

V4 punked Full Power Mechikabura and Cumber and in both the manga and the game he was in even grounds with Broly. Vegito Blue is the one that just keep showing up just to job.

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Why has Rose a tail and eyebrows?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:48 am

Soba Mask wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 pm Why has Rose a tail and eyebrows?
Probably for a ss4 trasformation. Eyebrows for the full power design.

Oh, did Fu merged with the bird of destruction Dogidogi?

About the next episode, maybe we'll ss4 and Blue Gogeta fighting together. Or Vegeth again.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:08 am

I guess Gogeta gets the spotlight in Toei's work because he is Toei's while Vegito is Toriyama's, IDK. Even the Main Continuity treats Gogeta better, Vegito was basically rendered useless by Toyotaro and then Toriyama made Gogeta a beast.
I do have a hard time seeing two Gogetas struggling against another dude, all of his interventions have been fantastic, he beats his foe with style and assertiveness, even if he bottled against Omega Shenron. IIRC, Vegito was used just to hype Cumber at the beginning of SDBH.

Also yeah, it's time to stop with the whole "I won't fuse with you Kakarotto" followed by "but Bulma, Trunks, Chichi... ", and then fusing. That conflict is forced, they've done it three times officialy, and like 10 times counting everything, by now they should be fusing without hesitation and off-screen, the audience doesn't need an explanation as to why or how they convinced Vegeta.

To be honest, I'm a little tired of fusions, not every big bad needs to go down against Gogeta, Goku has UI now and Vegeta a new form that I guess could work as a parallel to Ultra Ego. Let them do something on their own against non-fodder.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:03 pm

What is it with Gogeta and dissolving his opponents? Dude, you're allowed to leave a body.

I like how Cooler and Frieza intterupt the fight out of nowhere after being presumed dead only to continually get their asses kicked.

Black just pulled out Omega Shenron like a yu-gi-oh card. "I summon Sin the Hedgehog in attack mode!"

I see Fuu is working on his kid Sepharoth cosplay.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:04 pm

So was Goku Black’s transformation some kind of new transformation? The addition of eyebrows, along with extra-large muscles, seems to distinguish it from just being super Saiyan rose 3. Also given Turles in episodes previous, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were some kind of variant form.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:04 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:04 pm So was Goku Black’s transformation some kind of new transformation? The addition of eyebrows, along with extra-large muscles, seems to distinguish it from just being super Saiyan rose 3. Also given Turles in episodes previous, I wouldn’t be surprised if it were some kind of variant form.
I've only heard this secondhand, but from what I've seen people say, it's apparently similar to Cumber's "Full-Power Super Saiyan 3" form.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be related to Super Saiyan 3, despite the long hair. Its name is "Super Saiyan Rosé Full Power", not "Super Saiyan Rosé 3 Full Power". That explains the eyebrows, as a matter of fact.

If I were to give a name, it'd be like "Super Full Power Saiyan Rosé". It's a different enhancement of Super Saiyan Rosé, kinda in the same vein as "Super Full Power Saiyan 4" is to Super Saiyan 4 (hence the similar name).

I can't imagine anything that explains the tail, though. What were Dimps thinking?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:36 pm

IDK, Black was using SS3 (with no pupils) when UI Goku put him down, before powering up, growing a tail, eyebrows and pupils in his new full power state.

We can make a case for one of Cumber's form not being SS3 because he already has long hair, but this is the FP of Black as SS3 Rose. It doesn't matter how they are calling it, it's deducted by taking the existing lore into account. I mean, all forms are SS, the numbers are to distinguish them from other forms.

Fan theory for the tail: this healing Black has maybe healed, when his full power was displayed, his body and enabled him to grow a tail again. He should be able to go SS4... weird thing is the fight took place at night, yet no moon was seen nor the opportunity was seized. Maybe this was SS 3,5 Rose.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Did turles lose his eyebrows?
He had ss3 esque hair.

Honestly I actually think the hair is weirdly consistent.

Outside mystic the guidebooks used to say ss3 draws out a saiyans power to its very limits (while ultimate went beyond limits and was only seen on a half Saiyan)

So I kinda like the idea that any Saiyan who fits past a certain threshold of non godly power/ki/strength just physically needs to get the ss3 hair, or gets it as a side effect.

The tail is cool but sorta doesn't make sense. The Goku body he stole already had his permanently removed years ago...

But then to be fair he has this weird regeneration that's different to normal regen so maybe that restored his body using it's like baseline genetic program like the body was meant to have a tail and used to it can regen it .

Of course they didn't put any thought into this haha.

Cumbers sorta pally with hearts, respects vegeta, and isn't being dicked around with by Fuu. If they beat omega shenron super 17 BoJack and Wheelo I wonder what he will do if he survives? Will he turn on them.

What did Fuu even want with this universe other than make experiments and have fun?

How many people did Bardock teleport out just him and Goku?

The manga is so much more coherent than the anime. Like the anime literally abandons threads and fights...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Any chance for a new episode in October?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:57 pm

About episode 38:

- I've seen a bunch of random stuff from this series, but a Super Saiyan 3-like Rosé Black summoning a Majin Omega Shenron wins all. Also It seems Goku from Super timeline knows about him?

- Goku always resorting to family to convince Vegeta fuse, things that never change.

- A foe regenerating a bad eye seconds after being punched? That's quite original.

- Didn't like Black was killed so fast, but it was pretty badass like Janemba defeat. Also considering that in the original he was not really defeated (he fused with Zamasu later), then this could be considered his first death in screen.

- That was Baby Fu in the end? Wonder what is this about...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:30 pm

If Fu manages to damage either of the Gogetas in todays episode, I'm becoming his biggest fanboy known on this planet. I love Gogeta but someone needs to put an end to his no-damage domination :twisted:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:43 pm

October's episode is out and translated here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFFp-bT2AoE

Well...
This certainly wasn't what I was expecting :lol:
They should have clarified whether Fu used a defusing technique or just straight overpowered the fusions because the way they presented it, made the Fusions look really bad :crazy:
I like Fu and I'm glad he won this but this episode deserved a way better animation and choreography.

Cumber vs Broly was fun and it FINALLY happened. I like how Hearts joined in, wish we could see what happened next.

And I guess Goku and Xeno Goku's fist of friendship powered by Chronoa is gonna save the day.