Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:12 pm

Total screentime of two Gogetas was disgusting even for SDBH. Also we get to see Gogeta SS4 animated for the first time since GT (not counting openings) and we get this lol. Cumber vs Broly was cool though but i wish they stopped using M10 Broly and went for M8 Broly that was actually talking and wasn't just brainless screaming idiot.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:32 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:12 pm Also we get to see Gogeta SS4 animated for the first time since GT (not counting openings) and we get this lol.
This is why I'm not a fan of black pants Gogeta. I remember him fighting against freaking Dabura in one of the trailers too, like what even was that. He has much better treatment wearing white.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:05 pm

DBS at times seemed like every episode was always written by different people, SDBH seems like every SCENE is written by different people.

You can always count on Broly to bore me the fuck out.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:12 pm Total screentime of two Gogetas was disgusting even for SDBH. Also we get to see Gogeta SS4 animated for the first time since GT (not counting openings) and we get this lol. Cumber vs Broly was cool though but i wish they stopped using M10 Broly and went for M8 Broly that was actually talking and wasn't just brainless screaming idiot.
I couldn't say any better. I don't understand why they are not stopping with the brainless Broly who can't say anything else besides screaming endlessly or shouting out "Kakarotto" or "Bejita" if we are a little bit more lucky.

Onto the episode, I think it was "fair" overall. The animation was clearly not the best but not the worst, just the usual. I didn't enjoy the useless appearance of both fusions, I think it was just there to make us understand that fusions are not the solution vs this Chucky Fu? I dunno.

Cumber vs Broly could have been soooooo much better if Broly actually said something... T_T

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Another boooring thing to me is the fact that they keep using SSB as the default fighting form. I mean it's ok for the fusions to use those forms, but Goku and Vegeta? fighting Fuu-gi, Hearts...in SSB? regular blue?
Sign, SSBE, SSBKK, UI, they've been around for 4 years now, not to mention Ultra Ego, SSB+UI, but ok that's fairly new...but it feels to me like seeing SS used as the main form in the FT arc.

They take so much liberties with so much stuff, but they are stuck in the 2017 forms. If you are going to use them, then go crazy with it, mix them with the manga, use the god switch, use the complete SSB, remove the aura, use the anime, use SSBKKx50, I don't know... besides they turn SSB and you know they won't win.
SSB will not save the day, we know that, unless it's a fusion. Or use SSB and have them win for once!

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:01 am

Well, to be fair, Vegeta now has the Blue Berzerk form, which I’m sure he would have used if:

- they didn’t immediately resort to fusion
- the vegetas weren’t banished to the shadow realm immediately after

Goku, I guess, is much closer to having mastered UI in this timeline—but maybe in terms of ki control and strength balance, Blue is still his go-to option for starting a fight, only using anything else once he’s desperate.

On another note: I’m happy the Gogetas were immediately taken out of the picture, cool as they are. I’m tired of the fusions in this show stealing spotlight from the main heroes!! Here’s hoping the Gokus just power up, and don’t fuse into Goku squared (though that would be pretty funny).

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:13 am

All I can say for this latest episode of Super Dragon Ball Heroes is:

1. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!
2. I have a lot of questions that I know damn well won't be answered
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:13 pm

About episode 39:

- Huh? That Limit Breaker SSJ4 Broly came out of nowhere? I don't even remember where he was from...

- I believe everyone was expecting Cumber vs Broly, too bad it didn't last much.

- What is this cheap SSJ-like transformation that Hearts used?

- Kid Fu has a nice design and interesting techniques, makes me wonder if DB could ever use a kid like character to be the main villain (I don't count Pure Boo)

- I don't get what is the Kaioshin of Time doing? I mean SSJBE and LB SSJ4 Gogeta weren't enough to stop Fu so how would FP Blue and SSJ4 Goku do any sh*t?
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 pmSign, SSBE, SSBKK, UI, they've been around for 4 years now, not to mention Ultra Ego, SSB+UI, but ok that's fairly new...
Huh? Where we got that?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:13 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 pmSign, SSBE, SSBKK, UI, they've been around for 4 years now, not to mention Ultra Ego, SSB+UI, but ok that's fairly new...
Huh? Where we got that?
Chapters 73 and 76 I think.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:29 am

Already love her design (why do "videogame characters" always have the best designs!?).

Can't wait to see her powers and what she's up to.

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:01 pm

Now that the arc has ended, I can definitely say I liked this arc quite a lot more than the previous one. It also technically elevates the previous one, since the two are kind of a pair.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:21 pm

Welp, they sure made Fu's defeat ambigious, and when asked by Hearts about it, Goku just replied with "maybe."
If he was dead I'm sure it would be given bigger attention.

Glad the one who started it all is still out there 8)

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Interesting how Goku ended off things in SSB instead of Ultra Instinct again.

But then, gotta keep them cards flowing, right?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:24 am

Kinda annoyed an ki tentacle bitch slap just took Xeno Goku out of the action. As well as the merged Ki thing being entirely pointless and thrown out for something else in the end. Yeah gotta sell dem cards but still...
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:08 am

As someone who enjoys saiyan transformations, I love how many new ones were made in this arc alone:
not to mention SS4 Limits Broken last arc. I love this. There’s so many colors and little varieties and everyone just fights all the time!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:26 pm

About Episode 40:

- Pretty interesting episode, Chibi Fu reminds me Lucemon from Digimon Frontier, already said last month but I appreciate the idea of DB having a child like villain

- But why was Chibi Fu using Trunks's boots? Kinda weird design choice

- Goku transforming Dark Energy into Good Energy using a Genki Dama like technique while in SSJB was so badass!

- Finally they defeated Fu! But it seems that's not the end yet, Heroes never cease to impress me
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:57 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:08 amAs someone who enjoys saiyan transformations, I love how many new ones were made in this arc alone:
Vegeta Blue Berserk, Turles Evil Form, Goku Black Rose Full Power, whatever Gogeta had going on (ultra instinct-y blue?), and now universe-blue Goku.
not to mention SS4 Limits Broken last arc. I love this. There’s so many colors and little varieties and everyone just fights all the time!
What Gogeta got is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution. It's the same form Vegeta presented in Universe Survival saga.

Anyway, we didn't get any character getting Super Saiyan 4 or Super Saiyan God this year, but it's not like we were left empty-hand indeed.

Despite my dislike towards recolors, but because I like the concept behind them, I gotta cut some slack for Super Saiyan Rosé 2. Since it's continuing the logic established by the series and it doesn't look that bad (especially if compared to the green-haired ugly forms we, well I, unfortunately have to put up with). I kinda liked the pink lightnings too.

Also gotta thank Heroes for once again doing something the series should've done. It's not like Super Saiyan 2 has major drawbacks, so why the characters haven't used Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan Rosé 2 in the series yet is beyond me.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:07 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:57 pm
What Gogeta got is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution. It's the same form Vegeta presented in Universe Survival saga.
Ah, I didn’t realize that it was just SSBE. Probably just due to artists’ styles, the aura looked a little different to me. I do like SSBE a lot tho, but you’re right then it wasn’t introduced this arc.

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Post by jamiljamtheman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:15 pm

I did a little bit more Google searching about Gogeta in the recent arc, and you’re right—it’s supposed to be SSBE like Vegatas form. But the anime staff got creative with the aura and colors. Pictures incoming:

The card (which is holographic) looks like this:
I can’t read Japanese, so I don’t know exactly how they’ve labeled Gogeta on the card. But here’s how the anime staff interpreted that art:
And here’s how Vegeta looks as SSBE in dragon ball super:
It’s interesting that they look pretty different, in color and aura design. According to a picture on the dragon ball wiki page for SSBE (I had a hard time grabbing it as a link), in the manga Gogeta is definitely SSBE, like vegeta. But the anime made it look different, seemingly based on the design for the foil of that (admittedly very pretty) card.

I know, I know, this show isn’t meant to be taken seriously or be thought about too hard. But I wanted to share what I found since I was interested :)

Also, I realized/remembered that Gogetas colors are different than Goku or Vegetas in GT SS4 - so I guess there’s a precedent for Gogeta using existing forms but looking kinda different than the individuals’ versions.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:21 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:15 pm I can’t read Japanese, so I don’t know exactly how they’ve labeled Gogeta on the card. But here’s how the anime staff interpreted that art:
On the back of the card (this is typically where they list specific form names), right under the "Gogeta: BM" name at the top it says "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan: Evolution".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::