Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes is getting an anime adaptation.

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 5:59 am

Xeogran wrote:If the story will be also set in Beat's Arcade World (and why wouldn't it, it's free advertisment), then there are no limits to which characters can appear.
I don't think it'll be in an arcade world but set directly after Super and the new movie. That doesn't mean Beat, GT or other heroes elements won't make it in but it'll just have a story structure rather than a random game one. For example, Beat will be a saiyan from possibly u6, not some random kid playing through a machine.
kemuri07 wrote:I thought of this, and this is literally the worst thing Toei could possibly do.
On the surface it sounds really bad but there are ways they can make it the complete opposite like what I mentioned above. Let's be honest, Heroes' 2 arcs are way more interesting than what we've gotten in Super's tournaments and RF so it has that going for it at least.
Last edited by sintzu on Thu May 17, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu May 17, 2018 6:02 am

Its about heroes, so it definitely will bring the arcs heroes has done so far. I wonder whoch arcs theyll be including in the anime. Probably the current arc with fuu and the planets.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:03 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Its about heroes, so it definitely will bring the arcs heroes has done so far. I wonder whoch arcs theyll be including in the anime. Probably the current arc with fuu and the planets.
There was also a hell arc with Dabura, something I've been wanting to see forever.

One thing this could mean for Super is that the manga will continue under Toriyama's stories and after a year or 2 the anime will adapt them. Toriyama said the manga was going to be different from the anime moving forward so this might be what he was talking about.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 am

I think we need a bit more information.

Where will this air?

Is it gonna be an OVA?

Is it on going or run for a few cours?

Will it be a web series?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 am

Its going to be a promotional anime according to govetaXV

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:26 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Its going to be a promotional anime according to govetaXV
There goes my excitement.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 am

What's a PR anime ?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 am

Well this is unfortunate. I don't have any interest in dbh beyond the game exclusive outfits.

Promotional anime...does this mean it's like an oav or will it air on tv; delaying Super's return?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 am

Chuquita wrote:Promotional anime...does this mean it's like an oav or will it air on tv; delaying Super's return?
This might outright become the new main anime depending on how well it does so Super may never come back and Toriyama will just work on the movies.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 am

Doesn't PR anime mean that it's advertising the main product? I mean that was a given.

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 am

Xeogran wrote:Doesn't PR anime mean that it's advertising the main product? I mean that was a given.
Yes, I think that being a PR anime means nothing. Pokemon anime is a PR anime too, for example.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 am

Nafno wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Doesn't PR anime mean that it's advertising the main product? I mean that was a given.
Yes, I think that being a PR anime means nothing. Pokemon anime is a PR anime too, for example.
People are now jumping to conclusions and thinking PR Anime means 1-2 episodes short :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 am

Chuquita wrote:Well this is unfortunate. I don't have any interest in dbh beyond the game exclusive outfits.

Promotional anime...does this mean it's like an oav or will it air on tv; delaying Super's return?
OVA or web series most likely. Kitaro just started and they're not gonna pull the plug on that so no where to air. Given they're gonna string a few episodes for a screening I think the episodes themselves may not be too long or have that many actually animated.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:43 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Well this is unfortunate. I don't have any interest in dbh beyond the game exclusive outfits.

OVA or web series most likely. Kitaro just started and they're not gonna pull the plug on that so no where to air. Given they're gonna string a few episodes for a screening I think the episodes themselves may not be too long.
As of right now it doesn't sound like much but it could be depending on how well it does.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 17, 2018 6:47 am

sintzu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Promotional anime...does this mean it's like an oav or will it air on tv; delaying Super's return?
This might outright become the new main anime depending on how well it does so Super may never come back and Toriyama will just work on the movies.
That'd be super disappointing. I can't see myself following a dbh series week to week. It's just not my thing outside of stuff like Gokû's cool winter dougi. I have no interest in the game content or format.

And even if they have Toriyama just on movies....I just went over two weeks without posting here partly because there's been no new news on that film. It's not as fun as having a weekly show because the movie news release cycle is so slow.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 am

Chuquita wrote:That'd be super disappointing.
No kidding. Super was already merchandise driven, something like heroes will be overkill.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 am

If they get proper writers this could be something. I don't know what but something.

So Broly is finally getting his own series. And SSJ4 also returns.

Oh, Mr. Mignogna. Your chords are gonna be so sore.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 am

sintzu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:That'd be super disappointing.
No kidding. Super was already merchandise driven, something like heroes will be overkill.
I honestly wasn't expecting a dbh series type until Toriyama passed away seeing how he vetoed them doing a dbh series however many years ago.

I agree, it's overkill and not something I'll be watching/following outside of Gokû gifs.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 7:00 am

Chuquita wrote:It's not something I'll be watching/following outside of Gokû gifs.
I don't mind watching it (or parts of it) but I most likely won't support it financially unless it just has the game's name in common which doesn't seem to be the case.