Dragon Ball Z Blu Ray Collection on Amazon

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AwesomeEliyafeth

Dragon Ball Z Blu Ray Collection on Amazon

Post by AwesomeEliyafeth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on with Amazon and their stock of the Dragon Ball Z complete series collection? Everytime I go to check it out it's always out of stock, yet verified purchase reviews are always coming in every few days which shows people are buying it.

Anyone know what the trick is? Is stock only availible for a limited time? Does anyone know when it'll pop up again? Will it even pop up again at all? I'd love some answers guys, thanks.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Z Blu Ray Collection on Amazon

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:06 pm

If it's a better deal then buying them one at a time then it's not that surprising to see them run out, just keep your eyes open and look everyday as you're surely to catch them once they're back.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AwesomeEliyafeth

Post by AwesomeEliyafeth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:19 pm

sintzu wrote:If it's a better deal then buying them one at a time then it's not that surprising to see them run out, just keep your eyes open and look everyday as you're surely to catch them once they're back.
So it isn't a limited time thing? It's just high in demand? Thanks, I was worried for a second. I hadn't seen the damn thing get back in stock since mid April.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 pm

AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:
sintzu wrote:If it's a better deal then buying them one at a time then it's not that surprising to see them run out, just keep your eyes open and look everyday as you're surely to catch them once they're back.
So it isn't a limited time thing? It's just high in demand? Thanks, I was worried for a second. I hadn't seen the damn thing get back in stock since mid April.
It's an amazon exclusive so if it hasn't been in stock for that long then maybe they're not selling it anymore.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AwesomeEliyafeth

Post by AwesomeEliyafeth » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:22 am

sintzu wrote:
AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:
It's an amazon exclusive so if it hasn't been in stock for that long then maybe they're not selling it anymore.
See, that's the strange part. I'd think that's the case but verified purchase reviews are still coming in, meaning people are still buying it and getting their hands on it. The most recent one was three days ago. That's what makes it so confusing.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:59 am

AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:
sintzu wrote:
AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:
See, that's the strange part. I'd think that's the case but verified purchase reviews are still coming in, meaning people are still buying it and getting their hands on it. The most recent one was three days ago. That's what makes it so confusing.
It could be a lot of people just didn't write their reviews until actually watching a good portion of the blu rays. I usually hold off writing a review until I know the product is of good quality.

AwesomeEliyafeth

Post by AwesomeEliyafeth » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 am

Forte224 wrote:
AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It could be a lot of people just didn't write their reviews until actually watching a good portion of the blu rays. I usually hold off writing a review until I know the product is of good quality.

Also possible (though I hope not.) I don't want to spend 800 bucks on a DragonBox collection. The Blu Rays have their issues but for what they're worth 175 is a steal.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:20 am

AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
AwesomeEliyafeth wrote:

Also possible (though I hope not.) I don't want to spend 800 bucks on a DragonBox collection. The Blu Rays have their issues but for what they're worth 175 is a steal.
There will always be another deal. The blu rays are pretty cheap in general. I've seen them go on sale individually for 17.99 pretty often, which equates to $161. You'll get 'em eventually, just keep your eyes open.

Super Vegeta

Post by Super Vegeta » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Make sure you click the box that say email me when it is back in stock. I bought this set a little over two months ago and was out of stock when I originally looked. Got an email a few days later that it was in stock and bought it right away for $126 at the time. Checked the page a little later that day and it said out of stock again. So most likely they get a few in stock at a time and those sell out quickly.

AwesomeEliyafeth

Post by AwesomeEliyafeth » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Super Vegeta wrote:Make sure you click the box that say email me when it is back in stock. I bought this set a little over two months ago and was out of stock when I originally looked. Got an email a few days later that it was in stock and bought it right away for $126 at the time. Checked the page a little later that day and it said out of stock again. So most likely they get a few in stock at a time and those sell out quickly.
Thanks, pal. I'll stay on the lookout. Hopefully I can catch a set.