Who are your least favorite characters of the entire franchise?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Who are your least favorite characters of the entire franchise?

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:34 am

My least favorite characters are Yajirobe, ChiChi, Goten, Buu and Belmod. Yajirobe, Buu and ChiChi because they are very annoying. Goten because he has no character or purpose and Belmod because 99% of his screentime was him praising his team, then freaking out, then praising his team again. It got annoying and old very fast. He also has the most ridiculous design out of all the Gods.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Who are your least favorite characters of the entire franchise?

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:40 am

Pilaf, ChiChi, Yajiorobe and Kale

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:46 am

- Future Trunks because I absolutely despise the random and undeserved power-ups that he got in the Zamasu arc.
- Gowasu because not only was he a useless and awful teacher, but was also a prick, willing to let entire civilizations burn because "it is not the duty of a Kai to intervene in the affairs of mortals".

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:48 am

Pilaf, Gotenks, Dodoria, Guldo, Cell, Zamasu/Goku Black, Kale, Cabba, Frost, Zeno, Jaco, Jiren

Also Bulma except for late DBZ/GT.
Also Frieza post Namek (fillers, movies, DBS, GT)
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:01 am

I guess Pilaf and Ribrianne win the prize for me lol
I also loathe the anime versions of Kale, Caulifla and Brolette, but Kale and Caulifla are cool in the manga insofar lol
SupremeKai25 wrote:Gowasu because not only was he a useless and awful teacher, but was also a prick, willing to let entire civilizations burn because "it is not the duty of a Kai to intervene in the affairs of mortals".
Well IT IS not the duty of a Kai to intervene and all Kais will agree with that, not only Gowasu lol
Also how is exterminating everyone the right alternative lol
I really like Zamasu as a character but I certainly won't say he's a good guy or that he was right in his beliefs, he is a villain after all lol

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:03 am

Most of the movie villains are really lame and one note.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:10 am

Ribrianne is not only my worst DB character but the worst I've ever seen in any anime.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am

5. Baby/Bebi
4. Frost (anime)
3. Ribrianne
2. Pan (GT)
1. Babidi
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:13 am

Well IT IS not the duty of a Kai to intervene and all Kais will agree with that, not only Gowasu lol
A flawed system. Merely to watch is a sin too. Imagine if you had the power to stop evil, but chose not to do anything because your law compels you to inaction. You are committing a crime too.

Zamasu had the right idea in that regard. No Gods of Creation. No Gods of Destruction. No petty squabbles between Gods. Only a single, Supreme God who oversees all. A united and ordered leadership.
Also how is exterminating everyone the right alternative lol I really like Zamasu as a character but I certainly won't say he's a good guy or that he was right in his beliefs, he is a villain after all lol
I am not denying that Zamasu was evil. He is clearly a Lawful Evil villain. But between him and Gowasu, I much prefer Zamasu. He has far more dignity than Gowasu, who just spends all his days drinking tea and doing nothing while the rest of the Universe burns around him due to the mortals' perpetual wars.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:19 am

Chichi, unlike Pan, she never grew on me. I don't find Chichi interesting in the least. Her shtick isn't even funny. Other characters might be worse in many ways, but they don't have the screen time she does.
A flawed system. Merely to watch is a sin too. Imagine if you had the power to stop evil, but chose not to do anything because your law compels you to inaction. You are committing a crime too.

Zamasu had the right idea in that regard. No Gods of Creation. No Gods of Destruction. No petty squabbles between Gods. Only a single, Supreme God who oversees all. A united and ordered leadership.
That assumes he could stop it all and that he wouldn't create an even worse problem. It's not akin to stopping a single act like a mugging. It's more complex than that. Your last paragraph is the psychology of a dictator. Not saying YOU have the psychology, but it is the rationalization dictators give for taking absolute power.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Pan, GT Trunks, Gotenks, Goten, Shin, and Perfect Cell for me.

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:40 pm

When I was a kid I used to hate Mr. Satan. It bothered me that he would appear right before the Cell games started. So everytime I was watching the Cell games, I had to watch Mr. Satan do his stuff first. Since the only way for me to watch Dragon Ball Z was through TV airings, I couldn't fast forward or skip that part. I had to watch Mr. Satan do his thing before I got to Goku vs Cell.

But nowadays I don't hate/dislike Mr. Satan at all. I've actually come to like his character. I Especially like his first Latin American voice. (Dubbed by Reberto Sen)

Currently? Hmm... I dunno. I like the majority of the main cast. Yamcha, while a joke character is stil pretty likable. Tenshinhan is a badass in Dragon Ball. Not so much today but definitely back in the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai. Krilin like Yamcha is also pretty likable. I really like Piccolo, Gohan and Vegeta. And Goku is my favorite character.

That leaves Chiaotzu. He's pretty much just there and outside of Dragon Ball and the Saiyan arc doesn't do much. So yeah, my least favorite character would be Chiaotzu.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Chiaotzu, Quitela and Monoka are all character that are useless and annoying especially Quitela.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Bajosexto wrote:When I was a kid I used to hate Mr. Satan. It bothered me that he would appear right before the Cell games started. So everytime I was watching the Cell games, I had to watch Mr. Satan do his stuff first. Since the only way for me to watch Dragon Ball Z was through TV airings, I couldn't fast forward or skip that part. I had to watch Mr. Satan do his thing before I got to Goku vs Cell.

But nowadays I don't hate/dislike Mr. Satan at all. I've actually come to like his character. I Especially like his first Latin American voice. (Dubbed by Reberto Sen)

Currently? Hmm... I dunno. I like the majority of the main cast. Yamcha, while a joke character is stil pretty likable. Tenshinhan is a badass in Dragon Ball. Not so much today but definitely back in the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai. Krilin like Yamcha is also pretty likable. I really like Piccolo, Gohan and Vegeta. And Goku is my favorite character.

That leaves Chiaotzu. He's pretty much just there and outside of Dragon Ball and the Saiyan arc doesn't do much. So yeah, my least favorite character would be Chiaotzu.
Well, as a kid i didn't like Satan either. I also didn't like Fat Buu and never really cared about Chi-Chi. Even though i always liked her more than Bulma.
But now all 3 of them are like in my top 10 DB characters i think lol.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Pilaf, Gotenks, Dodoria, Guldo, Cell, Zamasu/Goku Black, Kale, Cabba, Frost, Zeno, Jaco, Jiren

Why did you hate Bulma in DB, DBS and early DBZ?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Yajirobe and adult Chi-Chi. Both are whiny, inconsiderate characters who, despite being protagonists, often actively refuse to help out or take the situation seriously.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:Pilaf, Gotenks, Dodoria, Guldo, Cell, Zamasu/Goku Black, Kale, Cabba, Frost, Zeno, Jaco, Jiren

Why did you hate Bulma in DB, DBS and early DBZ?
She was always annoying to me when she was younger and DBS brought it back.
I am not big fan of her late DBZ/GT version either, but she stopped being so annoying and i liked her design better. I also liked her role as a mother in Buu saga and her role as Baby's servant in GT. I've also found her late DBZ/GT versions to be actually attractive.

Oh and also forgot Future Bulma, she's actually cool.

Her Namek version was the most annoying. DBS version is also annoying as hell but even ChiChi is annoying in DBS even though she didn't annoy me in other series.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:08 pm

GT pan,Chi Chi and Majin Buu are the only ones I find particularly bad.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Kale is just a big Broly reference. She lacks a unique personality and her arc, both in the anime and the manga, is just a poorly done version of Gohan's arc in the Cell Games, but with some extra melodrama thrown in.

Out of the main cast, probably Gohan or Tenshinhan, though I've come to appreciate both more as time goes by.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Doctor. wrote:Kale is just a big Broly reference. She lacks a unique personality and her arc, both in the anime and the manga, is just a poorly done version of Gohan's arc in the Cell Games, but with some extra melodrama thrown in.

Out of the main cast, probably Gohan or Tenshinhan, though I've come to appreciate both more as time goes by.
That's not even a reference.
That's an awful ripoff. Basically Broly with lipstick and nothing more. Her manga version is slightly better so far.