Are you excited about the Heroes anime? Or not?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Are you excited about the Heroes anime? Or not?

Post by Dbzk1999 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Short answer, no.

Long answer, nothing about it really interests me, I might watch it months/years down the line, but it’s not a priority for me. I’d probably enjoy Super more if I’m being honest

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Forte224 wrote:So, here goes: Goku SSB vs Goku SS4 makes no sense. The 2 forms don't exist in the same continuity (unless you want to argue that Goku just decides not to use SSB in GT, or he forgets about it, both of which would be extremely poor arguments), therefore bringing them together makes no sense.

Everyone is fully aware that Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan do not exist in the same continuity. We see both forms in the same place because Fu can open space-time portals and bring character from other dimensions, which allows even counterparts to meet each other. They are not the same Goku with the exact same events/experiences. So how does that make no sense?

Forte224 wrote:Super has plot holes and fan service and yada yada but Vegetto, Freeza and Trunks existing isn't in and of itself a contradiction of the plot.

And so do the existence of Fu, Cumber, Xeno Goku, Cooler, Trunks, Mai, Vegeta, etc.

Forte224 wrote:Does those 2 forms duking it out service the story in any way? The answer is no.

I can say the same about the appearance of many characters and fights, and that goes way back to Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT too. They appear/happen, don't service the story at all. But people seem to complain/be bothered only here?

Forte224 wrote:But like I said, I'm wasting my time here and won't be replying further. It's just making me grumpy.

Then why coming here to this thread in the first place?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Akuma Johnson wrote:a. Would you prefer that to Super?
b. Your general opinions on Heroes adaptation.
c. Would you enjoy it?
A- No, Super is the main story so it'll always take priority over some promotional anime.

B- I think it's a waste of time.

C- It'll help ease the wait for Super so I guess.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:Then why coming here to this thread in the first place?
Why not? The thread is about wether one is excited or not about the new series.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:44 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:Why not? The thread is about wether one is excited or not about the new series.
And obviously is also about generating discussion. If one is not willing to discuss, what's the point in coming here?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:55 pm

Grimlock wrote:And obviously the greatest goal is to generate discussion. If one is not willing to discuss, what's the point of coming here?
To this thread specifically? To answer wether or not one is excited about the series or not (and optionally, why). Can't blame anyone for not wanting to continue to discuss something he has no interest in. Specially when his argument is sound and perfectly understandable.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Akuma Johnson wrote: a. Would you prefer that to Super?
c. Would you enjoy it?
a. Yes. Just a fact it has SSJ4 makes me hyped more than ever for Super. But we can't really say anything about quality of this show yet.
b. It's a good idea, we will see about execution.
c. Like above, we will see.

Heroes is obviously a cheap fanservice, but in a good way, because it's a game, not part of actual story like Goku Black which was cheap way to make Goku vs Goku fight.

Things like Super 17 getting all these new forms are great in game, but i wouldn't want to see things like that in anime.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:To this thread specifically? To answer wether or not one is excited about the series or not (and optionally, why). Can't blame anyone for not wanting to continue to discuss something he has no interest in.
It's not "optionally", you have to give some elaboration on your thoughts, it's in the very rules of this forum. Simple and short answers are, thankfully, not welcome here. You are in a social place to discuss but you do not want to discuss. I know I can't ask for logical/common sense in 2018, but oh well... :roll:. Anyway.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:32 pm

No, because it's a DB promotional anime about a videogame. I won't take anything serious that happens here to the lore.
But it's Dragon Ball, I watch it anyways.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:05 pm

It's a new DB story, and it's brought back Future Trunks and Mai. And it's got a new setting, and a new Saiyan and alien villain.

I am excited about it, not as much as Super, but I find it interesting enough that I want to see it.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Beat and Note should have been included in this. I'd like it more if it wasn't just about more Gokus.

Hopefully we'll get an actual Heroes anime with plot if this does well.

I just want kids being transported into the Arcade Machines like in the Trailers. Would be nice to have new main characters.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:08 am

No I can't say I am. If they'd have have done it from the start so after Trunks became a Time Patroller and started with Towa and Mira and the Dark Empire Saga then I would have been.

But because they're randomly just starting in the middle...is a waste.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:22 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Akuma Johnson wrote: a. Would you prefer that to Super?
c. Would you enjoy it?
a. Yes. Just a fact it has SSJ4 makes me hyped more than ever for Super. But we can't really say anything about quality of this show yet.
b. It's a good idea, we will see about execution.
I wouldn't expect anything at all going into this. Its pretty much the director and storyboard artist that made ROF a steaming mess, but with worse animators behind him.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:30 am

Not really. I feel like Heroes is just one of those "Yeah whatever" type of deals like the Star Wars spin offs and the CG Godzilla animated movies. I will probably check out episode 1 and probably won't watch it every week like I did with Super.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:52 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Not really. I feel like Heroes is just one of those "Yeah whatever" type of deals like the Star Wars spin offs and the CG Godzilla animated movies. I will probably check out episode 1 and probably won't watch it every week like I did with Super.
It won't come out every week.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:00 am

I really enjoy Fû and Mira/Towa so I'm hyped. I know the story will be w/e but if its fun to watch I will watch it.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:12 am

Yes. Do we know where and exactly when episode 1 will be online?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:17 am

Around 11:30am JST under the 'movie' section of their website, I believe.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:56 am

Ajay wrote:Around 11:30am JST under the 'movie' section of their website, I believe.
Cheers.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:27 am

sangofe wrote:
Ajay wrote:Around 11:30am JST under the 'movie' section of their website, I believe.
Cheers.
Ah, apparently it's changed since the magazine came out. Herms translated their new tweet:
The Heroes promotional anime ep.1: “Goku vs Goku! A Super Battle Begins on the Prison Planet!” starts streaming Sunday July 1st, 1 PM Japan time (so midnight Saturday EST). Check their special site.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.