Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6134
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:57 pm

overdrive wrote:It's a pity that Toei adds masks during the shooting or the film is very old (aka colour cast), it has a yellowish appearance, like jaundice. What I understand the least is that it is easily correctable, and they distribute it that way ... as it happened with DBZ ... They really have some reason.

Image
Your monitor must not be properly calibrated, because the original footage only very slightly has a yellow tint (it's actually more green in this shot), whereas your edits have more blue in them than the originals had green/yellow.

Image

The only reason it looks yellow is because of the blue from your edit. That blue tint you added also robs the characters of their natural skin tone and makes them look cold. The original is perfectly fine, and has an extremely minimal color cast. Now, some of the movies on the other hand...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here
Posts: 2004
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare / Sligo, Ireland

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:
SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
I would easily pay 250 for a DBZ set in 4:3 or if they insist upon cropping do selective cropping so you don't loose too much and if it had the Faulconer score I could die happy.
Wouldn't have the US replacement music unless it was FUNimation releasing it with the added tracks for US and Canada.
Realistically, the added tracks are only really for the US. If they wanted to cater to Canada, they'd have to stop trying to sweep the Ocean dubs under the rug...
As much as I would love to have the Ocean dubs as optional audio tracks, it just wouldn't be realistic for a release like this since those dubs are edited and reworking it to fit would be extremely tricky and time consuming.

The only realistic and cost-effective way to release the post-Saban Ocean dubs would be through a streaming service. I really wish Funimation would consider this as it would be the perfect way of testing the waters to see how well alternate dubs can do. It would also be ideal for gauging interest in a potential home release as they would be profiting from people paying a small price to either rewatch the Canadian dubs or watch them for the first time. If the Canadian dubs performed well then they could always try putting out a limited edition home release, if not, hey at least they would finally be available officially again for everyone to watch.

And regarding Faulconer, I'd have to imagine if TOEI remasters the series and Funimation releases a new Blu-Ray set with it that that new release, much like the Dragon Boxes will exclude the Faulconer score to give people more incentive to keep supporting their "season" sets.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- any of the Bridge Ent DVDs containing the Big Green dubs

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:As much as I would love to have the Ocean dubs as optional audio tracks, it just wouldn't be realistic for a release like this since those dubs are edited and reworking it to fit would be extremely tricky and time consuming.
Yes. However, that is what aired in Canada. Giving Canadians something else isn't catering to them, whether Funi's justified in it or not.
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:The only realistic and cost-effective way to release the post-Saban Ocean dubs would be through a streaming service. I really wish Funimation would consider this as it would be the perfect way of testing the waters to see how well alternate dubs can do. It would also be ideal for gauging interest in a potential home release as they would be profiting from people paying a small price to either rewatch the Canadian dubs or watch them for the first time. If the Canadian dubs performed well then they could always try putting out a limited edition home release, if not, hey at least they would finally be available officially again for everyone to watch.
I'd love it if they put all the oldschool dubs up online someday; BLT DB, Saban Z, AB DB, Z, & GT, OG Funimation Z, GT, and the movies, Pioneer Z movies...
Realistically, I imagine this kind of stuff would only ever be done in the form of a box set like Rock The Dragon, though. And even at that, probably not the two Blue Water dubs or the BLT dub. :problem:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:And regarding Faulconer, I'd have to imagine if TOEI remasters the series and Funimation releases a new Blu-Ray set with it that that new release, much like the Dragon Boxes will exclude the Faulconer score to give people more incentive to keep supporting their "season" sets.
Nah. If they can fit it, they'll include it. They wouldn't want to limit their options; the "Season" BDs have already sold well, they don't have to try to prop that up. If anything, a new release would need more incentives for fans to buy it, so putting the dub with the Faulconer score is a must. I personally think including the uncut oldschool Funi dub track for episodes 67+ would also be a smart move for this reason.
Dragon Ball is a goofy kids cartoon from a long time ago. You take it too seriously at your own peril.
Debate the plot, characters, adaptations, dubs, etc., criticise the home video, but never lose sight of the fact that it's all just entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, just walk away.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4883
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Darnit, I had a dream last night that FUNimation released a preview clip of the 21st TB using this footage and Nadolny doing Goku. Was quite annoyed when I realized it was a dream! Hopefully it was one of those future-predicting ones.

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:35 pm

Man I really want these movies with these Remastered versions. I don't have Netflix or Amazon
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:34 pm

KBABZ wrote:Darnit, I had a dream last night that FUNimation released a preview clip of the 21st TB using this footage and Nadolny doing Goku. Was quite annoyed when I realized it was a dream! Hopefully it was one of those future-predicting ones.
If it was up to me, it wouldn't be Nadolny anymore, and the scripts would all be new, Kai 1.0-style ones. ;)

But alas, this is a pipe dream. I'm sure Toei will do the series, and Funimation will license it and do some kind of massive boxset or streaming thing(Or both), and the only changes to the Funi dubs will be that the audio will be remastered, in terms of the original masters being re-mixed to make a much crisper mix, as we heard with those Toei screenings of the Broly movie recently. GT is actually sorely in need of this, especially in its later episodes, where Funi's mix that uses the Japanese music sounds like utter crap, with massive, awful noise reduction on the music making the whole thing sound like a tinny mess recorded with a wonky stereo cable hanging from someone's phone that's got weird EQ settings and mixed down to mono. And IIRC, the 5.1 mix of OG Dragon Ball, while not of necessarily poor quality in terms of the sound quality, was just a very poorly-done surround mix, essentially just being a mono mix of the voices+SFX in the centre channel, reverbed into the front left and right channels, and then a mono mix of the score with surround reverb across the back, front, and LFE channels. I think Z's mix may have been the same on the DBox and Orange Brick releases, though I'm not sure about the BDs.

So, hopefully the theatrical screenings are a sign of things to come, and Funi do a proper remix of their old stuff to go with a release of the new Toei master. 'Course the movies would probably be first, and I do look forward to/hope for that. :)
Dragon Ball is a goofy kids cartoon from a long time ago. You take it too seriously at your own peril.
Debate the plot, characters, adaptations, dubs, etc., criticise the home video, but never lose sight of the fact that it's all just entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, just walk away.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Robo4900 wrote:Realistically, the added tracks are only really for the US. If they wanted to cater to Canada, they'd have to stop trying to sweep the Ocean dubs under the rug...
The Ocean Dub had too many cuts so there wouldn't be a way for FUNi or anyone to release an uncut version of that dub without adding another audio track to cover the missing pieces (which someone has done online).

Besides that, US and Canada are both located in North America and that the ESRB applies to these two countries.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4883
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by KBABZ » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:Darnit, I had a dream last night that FUNimation released a preview clip of the 21st TB using this footage and Nadolny doing Goku. Was quite annoyed when I realized it was a dream! Hopefully it was one of those future-predicting ones.
If it was up to me, it wouldn't be Nadolny anymore, and the scripts would all be new, Kai 1.0-style ones. ;)
Haha, wouldn't expect anything less from you at this point! I would love a Kai 2009 script, though.
Robo4900 wrote:And IIRC, the 5.1 mix of OG Dragon Ball, while not of necessarily poor quality in terms of the sound quality, was just a very poorly-done surround mix, essentially just being a mono mix of the voices+SFX in the centre channel, reverbed into the front left and right channels, and then a mono mix of the score with surround reverb across the back, front, and LFE channels.
I can confirm that this is how they work! Voice and SFX in the center channel, SFX and Music on the corner channels (with voice reverbs counted as sound effects). In fact I'm actually eternally grateful that they do because if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been able to make 70% of the edits I did in The First Chapters. Swapping out music, retiming dialogue, blending crowd cheers and more would have seriously limited my ability to make episodes shorter (and it's why I can't make a Japanese version of it because that's 100% mono). But, that's a very specific use-case scenario unique only to me, haha.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:11 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:Realistically, the added tracks are only really for the US. If they wanted to cater to Canada, they'd have to stop trying to sweep the Ocean dubs under the rug...
The Ocean Dub had too many cuts so there wouldn't be a way for FUNi or anyone to release an uncut version of that dub without adding another audio track to cover the missing pieces (which someone has done online).

Besides that, US and Canada are both located in North America and that the ESRB applies to these two countries.
The Ocean dubs of the movies were uncut.

The Ocean cast did a dub of Z movie 3 under Saban that was cut, and in fact Funimation's in-house dub of that movie based their script off of that version, but the primary Ocean version -- and by far the most accurate and overall best of the dubs of that movie -- is the uncut Pioneer one.

Though, funnily enough, even the Saban version of Z movie 3 was actually not as cut as its reputation would have you believe, in fact it's several minutes longer than the uncut version... The only material it cut out was the brief scene of Tullece standing on Goku during their fight and telling him to give in, where Goku tells him that his name isn't Kakarot, it's Goku. The only other changes that dub made was actually adding stuff; the summoning of Shen Long was extended slightly using footage from episode 13 of Dragon Ball(Yes, really), the scene of Kuririn and Gohan putting out the forest fire was slightly extended by various means of rearranging shots and running bits at different speeds, a couple of extra brief scenes of Kaio, Bubbles, and Gregory were added when Kaio notices the tree being planted and when he tells Goku about it, and the scene of Kaio explaining the tree was slightly extended, all mostly using pieces of footage from the series.

But, regardless, the Pioneer movie dubs were totally uncut; the first three Z movies were dubbed uncut, and in fact using better scripts than Funi did. (Funi based their scripts for 1 and 2 off of Pioneer's scripts, but Funi did a real number on them, in their typical way of the time. And, of course, their script for 3 was based off the Saban script) In fact, if you grab the old Pioneer DVDs of these uncut movie dubs, and then you grab Funimation's "Ultimate Uncut" DVDs of those movies, you'll find if you set the track delays right, the audio tracks on one set of DVDs will perfectly sync to the other set of DVDs, because they use the same video master.

There is no reason to exclude the Pioneer dubs from any release of the movies unless you want to argue about bitrates on the DVD releases from the '00s.
Every other anime movie that has alternative dubs includes all dubs the licensor can put on there, on the disc(And Funi do own the rights to the Pioneer dubs. There's no roadblocks there, it's all just a matter of them deciding not to include these dubs). These days, Blu-Ray can handle the bitrates necessary to include the extra audio track...
If Funi are going to include a track with the US replacement score, then them not including the Pioneer dub is downright insulting. The track selection is easy to imagine... 1991 original Japanese audio, 1998 Pioneer dub, 2005 Funimation dub with US replacement score, 2018 remastered Funimation dub with Japanese score. ('Course, any fan knows the "2018" bit would be the same dub as 2005, just with fancy audio mixing and mastering to make it sound nice, and the Japanese audio instead of the Nathan Johnson score, but the casual fans don't have to know that. ;) )

Also, filling in pieces of cut dubs with other dubs and such to fit them to uncut footage is dumb and pointless unless the only audio you add in is music and SFX, and even at that, doesn't work at all if you're using a dub with a replacement score.
Dragon Ball is a goofy kids cartoon from a long time ago. You take it too seriously at your own peril.
Debate the plot, characters, adaptations, dubs, etc., criticise the home video, but never lose sight of the fact that it's all just entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, just walk away.

User avatar
MrBenjamino_
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by MrBenjamino_ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:40 am

I just really want a gorgeous GT remaster
i actually really like GT

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here
Posts: 2004
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare / Sligo, Ireland

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:38 am

I seriously hope Funimation include the Pioneer trilogy in their hypothetical future release of these movie remasters. If they have all audio options (including the dub with the US replacement score) it can be the definitive release of those movies, it will also be nice to have the Pioneer versions widely available so people don't have to scour Ebay looking for deals.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- any of the Bridge Ent DVDs containing the Big Green dubs

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am

Yeah, I know there are Ocean Dub dubs uncut but it's only for the Z movies 1-3, the original Ocean Dub of the Z series was heavily censored.

If FUNimation were to make an "uncut" version of Ocean Dub Z TV series they'd have to cover the missing parts with the Japanese version, rather than using the FUNi dub. It wouldn't really make sense to apply the FUNi dub, it'd just create some confusion between the two English dubs, at least with the Japanese side you'd know that's the missing piece.

Western anime distributors who had their country's dub edited had to add the Japanese audio so it'd be an "uncut" dub.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:42 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Yeah, I know there are Ocean Dub dubs uncut but it's only for the Z movies 1-3, the original Ocean Dub of the Z series was heavily censored.
Yes. But they should include the Pioneer dubs in modern releases of the first three Z movies.
JohnnyCashKami wrote:If FUNimation were to make an "uncut" version of Ocean Dub Z TV series they'd have to cover the missing parts with the Japanese version, rather than using the FUNi dub.
That would suck. If they did a release of the Ocean dub, it should be a DVD set that contains the dubs as-is, in their original, censored form. Filling parts in to try to make it fit uncut footage is dumb and awful.
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:I seriously hope Funimation include the Pioneer trilogy in their hypothetical future release of these movie remasters. If they have all audio options (including the dub with the US replacement score) it can be the definitive release of those movies, it will also be nice to have the Pioneer versions widely available so people don't have to scour Ebay looking for deals.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
MrBenjamino_ wrote:I just really want a gorgeous GT remaster
Saaaaame!!
GT looks great even in standard-def, so put that in HD... My eyes would be having orgasms.
Dragon Ball is a goofy kids cartoon from a long time ago. You take it too seriously at your own peril.
Debate the plot, characters, adaptations, dubs, etc., criticise the home video, but never lose sight of the fact that it's all just entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, just walk away.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 pm

@Robo4900

1. I partly agree that using the Japanese audio on censored dubs is a but silly but if the dubs have hardly any cuts, then it makes sense to give the whole experience. In Ocean Dub's case? Best to leave as is

2. Definitely. I watched the FUNi GT Singles and at multiple times I thought I was watching Dragon Ball GT in high definition because it looked that darn good! Yeah.. the compression sucked but it wasn't really something that bothered me.

To be honest, I watch most stuff in SD so I'm not really that picky although, if it's available in HD then I might pick that. Never got into the whole 3D buzz or the 4K, cause before you know it, there's gonna be 8K (already exists 8K TVs).

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4006
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:40 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Definitely. I watched the FUNi GT Singles and at multiple times I thought I was watching Dragon Ball GT in high definition because it looked that darn good! Yeah.. the compression sucked but it wasn't really something that bothered me.
Yeah. The Dragon Box master of GT(Yes, that is what Funi used for the GT singles) is a really nice master. :)
JohnnyCashKami wrote:To be honest, I watch most stuff in SD so I'm not really that picky although, if it's available in HD then I might pick that. Never got into the whole 3D buzz or the 4K, cause before you know it, there's gonna be 8K (already exists 8K TVs).
As it was explained to me, the jump from 1080p to 4K is massive, technologically speaking, but the jump from 4K to 8K is basically nothing.

I myself find 1080p to be utterly beautiful, and a massive jump over SD... However, if something is only SD, I won't lose sleep over it, and I'm in no hurry to jump up to 4K -- far too expensive for what it is right now. I'm much more interested in HDR and OLED.
Dragon Ball is a goofy kids cartoon from a long time ago. You take it too seriously at your own peril.
Debate the plot, characters, adaptations, dubs, etc., criticise the home video, but never lose sight of the fact that it's all just entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, just walk away.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4883
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by KBABZ » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:49 am

Robo4900 wrote:As it was explained to me, the jump from 1080p to 4K is massive, technologically speaking, but the jump from 4K to 8K is basically nothing..
In plain math, 1080 to 4K is a 4x increase. 4K to 8K is a 2x increase. So mathematically it is less impressive.

For something like Dragon Ball, particularly the 8mm film of the main series, there's nothing to be gained from 4K, so Toei shouldn't even bother. The 16mm movies however (and the bit on Namek that used it) I think stand to gain something at least from 4K, but certainly not 8K.

If the Toriyama DBZ movies and Super weren't animated in 4K I don't know what Toei was thinking.

User avatar
Puto
I Live Here
Posts: 2661
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Portugal, Oeiras
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Puto » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:59 am

KBABZ wrote:
Robo4900 wrote:As it was explained to me, the jump from 1080p to 4K is massive, technologically speaking, but the jump from 4K to 8K is basically nothing..
In plain math, 1080 to 4K is a 4x increase. 4K to 8K is a 2x increase. So mathematically it is less impressive.
Except it doesn't actually work that way. 1080p is 1920x1080, 4K is actually 3840x2160 (lol buzzwords) aka 2160p, and 8K is 7680x4320 (aka 4320p).
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

User avatar
Kuwabara
Regular
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Kuwabara » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:49 am

KBABZ wrote:If the Toriyama DBZ movies and Super weren't animated in 4K I don't know what Toei was thinking.
Cheap. Maybe the new Toriyama movies have been animated in 4K since IMAX exhibitions are involved, but I always temper my expectations when it comes to this franchise. There's almost certainly no way the Super TV series was. They could possibly recomposite elements for a 4K presentation, but I wouldn't count on it.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6661
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:03 am

Kuwabara wrote:
KBABZ wrote:If the Toriyama DBZ movies and Super weren't animated in 4K I don't know what Toei was thinking.
Cheap. Maybe the new Toriyama movies have been animated in 4K since IMAX exhibitions are involved, but I always temper my expectations when it comes to this franchise. There's almost certainly no way the Super TV series was. They could possibly recomposite elements for a 4K presentation, but I wouldn't count on it.
Not sure super is even animated in full HD.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Robo4900 wrote:I myself find 1080p to be utterly beautiful, and a massive jump over SD... However, if something is only SD, I won't lose sleep over it, and I'm in no hurry to jump up to 4K -- far too expensive for what it is right now. I'm much more interested in HDR and OLED.
SD to HD was definitely a huge jump but when I'm watching shows and movies upscaled, I can't really tell much of a difference. Even moreso if it's Kai on DVD then it sort of looks the same as if I were watching it on Blu-ray.

Maybe I've become numb to this whole thing and don't mind the PQ as much as the next guy.

Post Reply