Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bruma rabu
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Screen Caps for Movie 8
My favorite
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Bruma rabu
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Movies HD Remaster - Amazon Video/Netflix Japan - Discussion Thread

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Movie 7

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Man, to this day do I ever love looking at movie 8 screenshots. I'm on a phone though right now so I can't really analyze the actual picture quality.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Movie 9

LettuceJUMP
Beyond Newbie

Post by LettuceJUMP » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:05 am

These look beautiful. Praying for american release...then dragon ball on blu-ray....

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:35 am

Okay, surely I can't be the only one who feels like they've blown up the contrast too high on these things? I'm not usually one to care overmuch about dark detail and such, but I couldn't not notice how for quite a few of those shots, the background was just pitch black.

jaisonas
Beyond Newbie

Post by jaisonas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Alright thats gonna be a big yikes from me on movie 7-9, cause thats a lot of DNR. I love the colours but until toei get their shit together with their blurays, I'm gonna stick with the amazon stream rips
I enjoy tinkering with video and audio.

jaisonas
Beyond Newbie

Post by jaisonas » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Never mind, now that i think about it i dont like the colors either. Looks like toei got funimatiosis

Bluray vs Amazon.
I enjoy tinkering with video and audio.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Oof. I hope the foreign companies are given the Amazon masters for their releases of these. Z movie 8 looks pretty nice -- not as nice as the Amazon master, yet still quite nice -- but... 9 looks pretty Funimation-y.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:50 pm

jaisonas wrote:Never mind, now that i think about it i dont like the colors either. Looks like toei got funimatiosis

Bluray vs Amazon.
Yeah these are night n day, deffinetly preffere the Amazon stream.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Vegard Aune wrote:Okay, surely I can't be the only one who feels like they've blown up the contrast too high on these things? I'm not usually one to care overmuch about dark detail and such, but I couldn't not notice how for quite a few of those shots, the background was just pitch black.
Nope you're deffinetly not the only one, moment it started playing I noticed it too.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Bad News, Toei made censorship on the bluray version of movies like in movie 11

should be

source:
https://twitter.com/OssOraGenki/status/ ... 7642226689
Last edited by HakkaiBills93 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Censorship??? :o This is terrible! :( Dragon Box remains the best!

And not just movie 11 but movie 12 too:

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:12 pm

At this point if Toei was to remaster og db and z I would be fine with just an upscale and color corrected with these audio masters, they are literally butchering a classic(s) with censorship and DNR.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Funimation's Double Feature BDs are better than censored trash. Fuck Toei. Now I DON'T want them making a Blu-ray of the series, because it'd just be as censored as Kai was, and might even use some Kai footage for those censorships.

Has Japan really become more conservative and squeamish over things like blood (like the lack of it in Super) and middle fingers, or is Toei just making these changes either to blindly try to appeal to the new, younger demographic of the revival era of the franchise, or ignorantly for international licensees? There's something seriously wrong when FUNimation, who back in the day censored the franchise is now releasing everything uncut, and now Toei is the one doing the censorship.
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Funimation's Double Feature BDs are better than censored trash. Fuck Toei.
With middle finger... :lol:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Sani007 wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Funimation's Double Feature BDs are better than censored trash. Fuck Toei.
With middle finger... :lol:
Yeah, it's like that manga chapter title page with everyone flipping off Cell, only replace Cell with the Toei logo.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:22 pm

I prefer Broly with golden hair 8)

Here's a picture of him from the original broadcast:

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Haha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Toei Animation censored parts of the movies on top of the DNR problem. Just ... WOW.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Sani007 wrote:Censorship??? :o This is terrible! :( Dragon Box remains the best!

And not just movie 11 but movie 12 too:
Nope, Amazon/netflix rips for the win.