What Animals do you see in the Dragon Ball Cast?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

What Animals do you see in the Dragon Ball Cast?

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:06 pm

I ask this because some characters will give me animal vibes because of their personalities, looks, or motifs.

Goku: He is a monkey because he is based on Son Wukong. This is more supported in his Saiyan Cub years when he had a tail. As an adult it's difficult to do this.
Yamcha: He is a wolf because of his Wolf Fang Fist and he has is unmentioned Wolf aurora/visual effect and he claims to be a "lone Wolf" in one of his two songs. If I choose another animal for him, he will be a hyena because both are cool but misunderstood individuals who have a bad reputation. He is also similar to a male hyena because both are submissive or intimidated by females such as Bulma or female hyenas.
Frieza: A lizard. I say that's the closest thing I could describe his body features. Also, it fits with the stereotype that reptiles are coldhearted. If Frieza was an acuatic animal, he will be a dolphin because his final form is smooth looking and he is much more sadistic than his appearance.

Saiyans: If they were insects, saiyans will be fireflys.

I need to slow down because I want to do everything for you. Any ideas?

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What Animals do you see in the Dragon Ball Cast?

Post by AnzuMazaki » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Waluigiman wrote:I ask this because some characters will give me animal vibes because of their personalities, looks, or motifs.

Goku: He is a monkey because he is based on Son Wukong. This is more supported in his Saiyan Cub years when he had a tail. As an adult it's difficult to do this.
Yamcha: He is a wolf because of his Wolf Fang Fist and he has is unmentioned Wolf aurora/visual effect and he claims to be a "lone Wolf" in one of his two songs. If I choose another animal for him, he will be a hyena because both are cool but misunderstood individuals who have a bad reputation. He is also similar to a male hyena because both are submissive or intimidated by females such as Bulma or female hyenas.
Frieza: A lizard. I say that's the closest thing I could describe his body features. Also, it fits with the stereotype that reptiles are coldhearted. If Frieza was an acuatic animal, he will be a dolphin because his final form is smooth looking and he is much more sadistic than his appearance.

I also see a Wolf in Yamcha and a Monkey in Goku.
I see a turtle in Roshi and Kuririn, and I see a cat in Bulma.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 pm

AnzuMazaki wrote:
Waluigiman wrote:I ask this because some characters will give me animal vibes because of their personalities, looks, or motifs.

I also see a Wolf in Yamcha and a Monkey in Goku.
I see a turtle in Roshi and Kuririn, and I see a cat in Bulma.
Wow. You and I think alike. Are you sure we are not dopplegangers? :shock: I actually was going to say something like that to Roshi and Krillin and Bulma but now I don't have to.

Yajirobe: I see him as a boar because of his swine like voice in the Japanese version and the fact that he is so gluttonious and wild looking.
Tien: When I saw him gain and extra arms he made me think of a spider because of his extra eye. But other than that he is still a human.
Chiaotzu: a penguin because he reminds me of those Chilly Willy cartoons.

As for the Ginyu force:
Ginyu: a rhino or a water buffalo
Recoome: a gorilla
Burter: a snake or another turtle because he reminds me of the 2003 TMNT cartoons.
Guldo: a toad, I think Ginyu will freak out if he sees him again after that incident.
Jeice: I can't think of one right now.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Bulma: An owl because of HOOTERS XD

Sin
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Sin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:10 am

Oolong reminds me of a pig.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:55 am

Goku = Monkey because of his high energetic attitude and being silly.
Vegeta = Bull because he's very headstrong and to the point
Bulma = Cat because she can be pretty vicious out of nowhere but is also cunning and smart.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:14 am

Vegeta: a much more agressive primate than Goku, maybe a baboon or a chimp. I sound too much like Frieza.
Beerus: Obviously a cat, his looks and personality are exactly like those of a cat.
Champa: A fat cat.
Whis: a giraffe. He is tall and enfeminated looking and is not considered threatening by human standards despite the fact both are strong enough to kill a lion.
Toppo: A part of him reminds me of a walrus and another of a mole because of his name and large hands.
Hit: A black leopard, a panther. Both are stealthy and deathly. Also a chameleon because he reminds me of Espio.
Bergamo: wolf
Basil: wolf/fox
Lavender: Same as Yamcha's wolf theme only his traits are related to the savage wolf and the maniacal hyena stereotypes. I also see him as a coyote.
Rumshi: the elephant of course.
Cus: A kitten.
Gowasu: a goldfish, his wrinkles look somewhat like gills and I often call him "Yellowfish" because of that. He is also nice as one.
Zamasu: A mantis because of his lethal hands of his.
Goku Black: A flowery looking Mantis when he is pink and a creepy raven when he is in base form.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 am

Hiru: Godzilla/kaiju/beast

Broly: Angry Bear

Rest have been stated my post above :twisted:

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:55 am

Jiren: a Polar bear
Arack: A lizard, only becuase of his dehydrated look of his and he reminds me of Double D from Ed, Edd,n Eddy who also reminds me of a lizard. Also he is like that lizard pokemon with loose pants.
Iwen: a bat or one of those fluffy cats.
Ribriane: a caterpillar/butterfly theme probably exist in her.
Majin Buu: A star fish because of Patrick.
Cell: first form: snake/lizard/parrot/dragon fly. Second form: toad/grub/penguin because of the Pebble and the Penguin movie. Final form: Grasshopper.