All voice actors of adult Goku and Vegeta around the world (2024 Update)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: All voice actors of Goku and Vegeta around the world

Post by Tian » Thu May 30, 2019 4:42 am

sangofe wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:27 am I hope he didn't go for an impression because it's more interesting to hear another take on the character.
Too late. He is gonna do that impression since he was cast because of it.

In fact, most of the VAs in this redub were cast based on how much they sounded like the original Mexican cast. This was said by Alejandro Graue, who voiced Broly in that redub, doing an impression of Ricardo Brust.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:54 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 amKirby Morrow did not do the TV edited Tree of Mighty movie; that was Ian James Corlett. Unless that movie was redone, it was dubbed before DBZ even hit Toonami, which is before the new episodes were ordered, which is certainly before DBZ continued with the Ocean dub, which was before Kirby Morrow replaced Peter Kelamis.
Okay, thanks.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:11 pmWhile Tommy Morgenstern and Oliver Siebeck were both replaced for Kai and Super, they have come back for literally all of the movies. This includes Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, and even Dragon Ball Super: Broly (despite not playing those roles in the Super TV series). So, as a suggestion, maybe it should be, "Tommy Morgenstern (DBZ, DBGT, Films)," and the same for Oliver Siebeck.
Okay, thanks. I should add that ''Movies'' in some other dubs as well sometime.
Tian wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:54 am The voice actors from the Argentinian redub of DBS Broly can be added too in the Latino section? The guys who voiced Goku and Vegeta in that redub are Santiago Florentín and Alejandro González respectively.
I added them in the spoiler.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:03 pm

Tian wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:42 am
sangofe wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:27 am I hope he didn't go for an impression because it's more interesting to hear another take on the character.

In fact, most of the VAs in this redub were cast based on how much they sounded like the original Mexican cast. This was said by Alejandro Graue, who voiced Broly in that redub, doing an impression of Ricardo Brust.
What is the point of that?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:20 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:54 am
Tian wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:54 am The voice actors from the Argentinian redub of DBS Broly can be added too in the Latino section? The guys who voiced Goku and Vegeta in that redub are Santiago Florentín and Alejandro González respectively.
sangofe wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:03 pm

I think it has to do with the fact that some of the people involved in this redub are fans of DB like the voice director Gonzalo de la Rosa, Broly's voice actor Alejandro Graue and Goku's voice actor Santiago Florentín and they wanted to produce a dub that's faithful to the original Mexican dub.

The script was affected too, since the dubbing materials (video/audio and script) the guys got were from FUNimation but the director has said that he adapted the script consulting both the original Japanese and the Mexican dub scripts.

I have yet to see DBS Broly with the English dub but I've got this feeling they may have added or changed either some or a lot of stuff in the script. I'll watch it later to check if this happened or not.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 am

Tian wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:20 pm
TheRed259 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:54 am
sangofe wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:03 pm

I think it has to do with the fact that some of the people involved in this redub are fans of DB like the voice director Gonzalo de la Rosa, Broly's voice actor Alejandro Graue and Goku's voice actor Santiago Florentín and they wanted to produce a dub that's faithful to the original Mexican dub.

The script was affected too, since the dubbing materials (video/audio and script) the guys got were from FUNimation but the director has said that he adapted the script consulting both the original Japanese and the Mexican dub scripts.

I have yet to see DBS Broly with the English dub but I've got this feeling they may have added or changed either some or a lot of stuff in the script. I'll watch it later to check if this happened or not.
Even if they're fans it's still pointless as they could just have imported the Mexican version. They should have gone for something else instead. Instead of doing impressions that will always be less good.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:19 am

Didnt they tell you that Argentina already has the Mexican version on Streaming and Home Video and that this other version is for some other purpose?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:02 pm

As I'm currently researching the Putonghua dub from mainland China it appears that in the latter part of OG Dragon Ball Goku was voiced by Liu Yi (Wang Xiaoyan played him from episodes 1-78) so unless there was another recast we have a name for his voice when he becomes an adult.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: All voice actors of adult Goku and Vegeta around the world (2023 Update)

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:30 pm

After 5 years, my list has been updated and it's way better than it was back in 2018 but there are still some things that need improvement so if anyone knows something more, let me know. But please, refrain quoting my first post because it's really huge.

Check out the new and updated list here!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:01 am

Great topic!

What about Steve Blum's Goku and James Milton's Vegeta from the first English-speaking market release of Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout?

For some reason, I have a fascination with this cast. And actually, while their performances were overall horrendous... I can't help but feel like under the right conditions, the cast itself could've been tremendous.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:24 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:01 am Great topic!

What about Steve Blum's Goku and James Milton's Vegeta from the first English-speaking market release of Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout?

For some reason, I have a fascination with this cast. And actually, while their performances were overall horrendous... I can't help but feel like under the right conditions, the cast itself could've been tremendous.
Thanks. I didn't want to include video games and Dragon Ball Evolution dubs in my list. Anyway, I'll see how it goes, maybe I'll add some honorable mentions for them too.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:56 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:24 am
TheGreatness25 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:01 am Great topic!

Thanks. I didn't want to include video games and Dragon Ball Evolution dubs in my list. Anyway, I'll see how it goes, maybe I'll add some honorable mentions for them too.
Ah, totally understandable! I have a fascination with various dubs too, so I'm into these types of topics!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:34 pm

Also remembered there are two more English voices in the Animax dub aired in Southeast Asia around the mid to late 2000s. Andrea Kwan and Dave Bridges played kid and adult Goku respectively. This dub only covered original Dragon Ball though, so no voice for Vegeta.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:49 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:56 pmAh, totally understandable! I have a fascination with various dubs too, so I'm into these types of topics!
:thumbup:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:34 pm Also remembered there are two more English voices in the Animax dub aired in Southeast Asia around the mid to late 2000s. Andrea Kwan and Dave Bridges played kid and adult Goku respectively. This dub only covered original Dragon Ball though, so no voice for Vegeta.
Okay thanks but so far my list doesn't include the voices of kid and teen Goku so I won't be adding them for now. It starts with adult Goku and the first episode of DBZ.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:16 pm

Thierry Mercier, French voice of Goku in DBGT (ep. 34 onwards) and DBGT TV Special is no longer with us. He passed away at the age of 62. Rest in peace.
https://www.db-z.com/disparition-de-thi ... ragon-ball

In the first post there is also a honorable mention of all the main voice actors of Goku and Vegeta from all around the world who are no longer with us.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:29 pm

I dont want to be mean but why isnt Enrique Mederos in the Memorial for Goku voices that have died?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:00 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:29 pm I dont want to be mean but why isnt Enrique Mederos in the Memorial for Goku voices that have died?
Because as you can see in my first post this is about the main voice actors of Goku and Vegeta and Enrique Mederos had voiced Goku only in DBZ Movie 8.

For example, I have left out even Thierry Redler from the French dub who had voiced Goku in DBZ eps. 1-10, DBZ Movies 10-11 & DBGT eps. 1-2. Nevertheless, I am thinking to add at some point some honorable mentions for cases like Enrique Mederos or Thierry Redler.