What would a Sub Saiyajin look like in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: What would a Sub Saiyajin look like in Dragon Ball?

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Desassina wrote:I find it extremely relevant when wanting to know slang. I caught someone laughing at me when I said "get slapped" for having called me a bitch. He said that he would do so with pleasure by opening a beer. I was like... What? Then the Urban Dictionary enlightened me. It's not that it's relevant, but people still use it or go by it...
Fair. Still, I think people here are basically just joking around with it.
Like, if I said to you I was eating faggots and mash, you could probably turn that around into some kind of joke because faggot means things other than a kind of meatball. But it's clear that I'm referring to something entirely innocent, so...

If someone wants to belittle you by turning your phrasing around into a potential reading rather than actually making an effort to interpret what you're saying, they're probably a prat.
Desassina wrote:I was kinda inspired by Roshi and Goku using Migatte No Gokui. Whis said, in the manga, that Goku went the opposite way by powering up, when reverting to something else would be the right choice, hence why below Saiyajin when even a human can attempt it. What do they have in common? They're living things as the lowest common denominator before they are of a race.
I'm having trouble with these direct romanisations. Migatte No Gokui is the thing commonly referred to as "Ultra Instinct" in the English fandom, yes?

I believe essentially the idea behind the form is that it's similar to Kaioken; instead of being a transformation, it's more plunging yourself into a particular state of controlling yourself to use your power more efficiently. It's less the opposite direction to a Super Saiyan transformation, and more a lateral move. They're aiming to get a stillness that allows them to act and react without any requirement of thinking time, and without any emotion or thought getting in the way.

So... Do you think I'm thinking along the right lines?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:48 pm

Yeah, both in uderstanding where I came from, and with your interpretation of it. I don't suppose that there's much to disagree about what you said. This thread didn't start with Ultra Instincts after all.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:04 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:And I thought this thread was about a Saiyajin that was submissive in bdsm
me too :lol:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Robo4900 wrote:Am I the only one totally bewildered and confused by this thread? :|
Nope. I am hopelessly confused myself

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am

Robo4900 wrote:
Desassina wrote:Oh, wow... English has its own way of defeating this thread's purpose.
That's Urbandictionary. A kind of parody dictionary. Don't take it seriously.

Only reason I'm confused is I have no idea what a "Sub Saiyajin" is, and the posts in this thread seem to not shed any light on this to my eyes. :lol:
Is it like another form Super hinted at or something?
By definition you know what "sub" means so you can make an assumption based of that.
secondary in rank;

forming a subdivision;
Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/sub-

Half-Saiyans seem to fit the bill for me. Pure-Saiyans are normal while Sub-Saiyans are secondary, or something like this.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:12 am

Context has the power of changing content. I used Sub as the opposite of Super in transformation, so that's the interpretation that I wanted people to have, which is to go above or below from their regular state. Half-saiyan seems more like a new race or a compound one that has its own Super state. Namekians do as well and they haven't had a hybrid.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 am

I'm guessing you mean something akin to Freeza's suppression forms? Not sure what that would look like. Maybe they would appear more ape like; sort of like a pseudo SSJ4?

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:56 pm

He'd probably look something like this.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm

That's good! It's like his regular self was SSJ3 before he even learned how to transform. That's how Raditz goes the opposite way :P