Latin American Dragon Ball Home Releases

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SmugStick
Patreon Supporter

Latin American Dragon Ball Home Releases

Post by SmugStick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

I know this has been asked before but its been a few years and I want to know if anyone knows anything new; has there been any official Home Released of Dragon Ball? If so, where could I find them? I know the Ultimate Uncut DVDs had that dub, but they didn't get far. I appreciate any info!
My immortal Phoenix died of food poisoning

Missions complete:
All Of Kai
All DB on DVD
Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8udQV ... 4GFPrFEPzg
Twitter https://twitter.com/SmugStick

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Re: Latin American Dragon Ball Home Releases

Post by Bajosexto » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Here's a list I made a year ago about all the home releases that were available. I don't know if anything new was released since then.

Dragon Ball:
Mexico: only first 28 episodes available on DVD (by On Screen Flims)
Chile: all 153 episodes released on DVD (by Editorial Edisur)

Dragon Ball Z:
Mexico: only the first 74 episodes available on DVD (by On Screen Flims)

Dragon Ball GT:
Mexico: all 64 episodes availabe on DVD (by On Screen Flims)

Movies and specials:
Mexico: dbz Movies 11, 12, and 13 and the GT Special released on DVD (by Towers Entertainment)

Battle of Gods available on DVD and Blu-ray (by On Screen Films)
Resurrection 'F' available only on DVD

All movies and specials available on DVD and Blu-ray (by Zima Entertainment).

All of Dragon Ball was released on DVD in Chile. These are just FUNi's blue bricks synced with the Latin American audio but with no Japanese audio track. This is probably the best home release of the Latin American dub out there. Unfortunately it's only available in Chile. Dbz was only released on DVD up to episode 74 in Mexico. All of GT was released on DVD in Mexico as well, but its quality is not very good. All 64 episodes were released on just 5 DVDs. Apparently it has audio issues where both the Japanese and the Spanish audio play on the same time on some episodes. And all the movies and specials were released on DVD and Blu-ray by Zima Entertainment. These are just a transfer of FUNi's Blu-rays.
SmugStick wrote:I know this has been asked before but its been a few years and I want to know if anyone knows anything new; has there been any official Home Released of Dragon Ball? If so, where could I find them? I know the Ultimate Uncut DVDs had that dub, but they didn't get far. I appreciate any info!
You can find the Zima Blu-rays on ebay. Sometimes you can find the Dragon Ball Z DVDs on ebay too. But other than that, I honestly don't know were to find them.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Latin American Dragon Ball Home Releases

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:55 pm

What Sexto said. In addition, Zima used the FUNimation HD remasters of Dragon Ball Movies 1-4 on Blu-ray so they look beautiful but Movie 2 was completely fucked by the extremely low framerate.
SmugStick wrote:Latin American
At the very least it should be called "Latin Spanish" rather than "Latin American" although that's become acceptable, too. It's just that Latin is actually an old and dead language however, some still use it and it's always fascinating when Latin comes up (not necessarily here). A number of Western languages make use of Latin as they were derived from it.
SmugStick wrote:Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1
I can understand why it's hard to acquire the FUNimation Dragon Box Z release but the GT Season 1 brick? That's everywhere though you might not have the dough for it at the moment which would explain.

The GT Singles are way better if you're really after the definitive English GT release, it features Dragon Box GT footage, the NEPs and as you'd expect, the original GT logo than the shitty metallic one.