Dragon Ball Potential - Marketing & Expanded Universe

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Dragon Ball Potential - Marketing & Expanded Universe

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:36 pm

We all know today that Dragon Ball is an hen with golden eggs let's be honest even if Dragon Ball Super has flaws it still works. That said the business plan of Shueisha and far from perfect and only capitalized on Toriyama and Toei all of this is far from good.

Let me explain... !

Dragon Ball Heroes and now Super Dragon Ball Heroes as well as Xenoverse and others game at success like Dokkan Battle and Legends have made clear that Dragon Ball can shine outside of Toriyama and most importantly far outside the reach of Toei. Today in Japan those games keeps bringing new content and other fun stuff for us fan. From Bebi Hatchiack to Shroom, From Fu to Kanba/Cumber etc etc

All of that enriching the Dragon Ball Lore. So in one hand we have Dragon Ball Super who are technically still ongoing with a movie coming soon with a new rebooted Broly, the videogames that spawn a lot of new things, the manga Dragon Ball Super and Super Dragon Ball Heroes + a promotionnal anime.

Shueisha have here a lot of things in his plate but things can be settled better. So I said to myself ! Why the heck not making others series in parallel ?

You will tell me how well let me put you all some perspective open your eyes.

Who we have actually as people capable of recreating Akira Toriyama artstyle ? Well we have first Toyotaro (Toyble) then Naho Ooishi who realized the adaptation of the movie with Tarble into a manga. Also at disposal Yoshito-kun taking care of Super Dragon Ball Heroes. And to finish Dragon Garow Lee who have joined Shueisha. Whilst I see Yoshito Kun still capitalize on making more Super Dragon Ball Heroes manga stuff and still see Toyotaro being the right hand of Toriyama doing the art. I see Naho Ooishi create stories tied to the Dragon Ball Universe why not let her do some sping off and why not join force with Dragon Garow Lee. The can tell things we don't know about the Namekian, why not reveal who finally are the Makaioshin and other stuff like that.

Also if I were Shueisha I would hire YoungJijii for him to capitalize on serious matter stuff rebooting GT with and expend the Lore given with GT.

With this reboot it's here that a certain Sunrise from Namco Bandai come to play here I would advice Shueisha to split the cake into two part one for Toei who would focus on the main continuity of Dragon Ball for their anime adaptation and Sunrise who would here do side stories and the reboot of GT and its expansion. Shueisha I think need today to practice the famous saying divide to conquer. By allowing itself to divide its option Shueisha can put more energy into Dragon Ball and make it better.

Of course it's here my opinion on the subject, but on a marketing stand point my idea can bring Dragon Ball to an higher step. Thought ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu