Goku Blasts In! ...to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Goku Blasts In! ...to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Post by ABED » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:35 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if it was his best guess.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:07 pm

LOL at Roker! "Sigh-yan" still sounds completely ridiculous to my ears, but what are you gonna do...

It's still pretty cool to see Goku and hear Head-Cha-La in the Macy's parade though.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:31 pm

I personally like the way the US says Saiyan but thanks for showing that footage. I missed the dang thing this morning but it makes me happy to see Goku flying in the parade. only took a billion years for it to happen lol how much did that thing cost? and why isn't this on the front page of kanzenshuu? lol VegettoEX get on it son! :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:42 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:I wonder if it was spelled out phonetically? Maybe toei wrote it?
Considering Toei was writing their English subtitles for Dragon Ball Super to cater to dub familiarity (grr...), I somehow doubt it.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:05 pm

Gotta say, there's something extremely, extremely surreal seeing the Goku balloon actually flying along. Knowing it's coming and actually seeing it are two different things entirely.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 am

Always cool to see DB being represented like this. Bonus points to the guy for pronouncing “Saiyan” correctly, accident or not. The amount of “LOL he said saiyan wrong! I cringed!” comments it spawned are annoying, though.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 pm

FUNimation is finally getting that major company money now... :)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:48 pm

MajinMan wrote:Always cool to see DB being represented like this. Bonus points to the guy for pronouncing “Saiyan” correctly, accident or not. The amount of “LOL he said saiyan wrong! I cringed!” comments it spawned are annoying, though.
It's cringe-ception.

It takes more effort than I'd like to admit to stop myself from going "nah, you're wrong!" whenever I see it. :P
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanos wrote:It's cringe-ception.

It takes more effort than I'd like to admit to stop myself from going "nah, you're wrong!" whenever I see it. :P
It's even cringier if you actually made a comment praising the pronunciation. I don't mean replying to someone else's comment correcting them. I mean simply making a standalone comment that you are happy with this. And then watch the angry dub fans fly in to mock you. Not to correct you because they don't any better. But to piss in your Kool-Aid and tell you to stop having fun. It does not take a lot to ruffle some people's feathers, let me tell you... :eh:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2