Who is your favorite God of Destruction?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Who is your favorite God of Destruction?

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:23 pm

I'm trying to do a sort of personal study on various DB forums, and I was wondering who your favorite God of Destruction is? Here's a poll I'll be using for research: https://strawpoll.com/eexrp1zb

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Who is your favorite God of Destruction?

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Well mines easy, Vermoud who's cool in both versions of Super.

Quitela oddly enough seems to have the most votes as of this post, which I find very intreasting. Of all the GoD he easily had some of the best narrative potential in both versions, with his slimy plans in the anime and him being the strongest of the GoD physically in the manga. He and his universe had all the potential of being either the secondary antagonists or secret final antagonist of the ToP arc but got utterly wasted.

It's also ironic since he was one of the most disliked GoD when the designs were first released.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Beerus, because he is the most flesh out andbdeveloped character of the twelve Gods of Destruction.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm

I think we all know who's the fans favourite Hakaishin is...

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I think we all know who's the fans favourite Hakaishin is...
No I simple cannot guess.... Sidra am I right?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well mines easy, Vermoud who's cool in both versions of Super.

Quitela oddly enough seems to have the most votes as of this post, which I find very intreasting. Of all the GoD he easily had some of the best narrative potential in both versions, with his slimy plans in the anime and him being the strongest of the GoD physically in the manga. He and his universe had all the potential of being either the secondary antagonists or secret final antagonist of the ToP arc but got utterly wasted.

It's also ironic since he was one of the most disliked GoD when the designs were first released.
Yeah, it's pretty interesting how Quitela's the top pick atm. I was honestly thinking Beerus or Vermoud would be on top, but I think I can see why people have chosen Quitela. Like you've said, he has plenty of potential in both power and lore. Plus he both has sort of a meme and cute aspect to him. I remember seeing a lot of Quitela and Universe 4 shitposts back when the ToP was airing.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Beerus, he has a cool design and is overall the most developed character.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:12 am

Isn't Super Broly supposed to become a God too? Or is that just speculation by the fans?

If so, then I chose Broly. Otherwise, Vermoud (that one that looks like Joker).

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am

In terms of design, Geene is pretty cool looking.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:01 pm

I believe it's Champa. He is so fat and funny.

I do agree with Quitela's potential and I could easily see him get a major role like him being a major threat to universe 7. Sure his team was mostly ineffective but that does not mean that he is just a harmless nobody with a mostly one sided-rivality.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:15 pm

I don't really see how anyone except Beerus or (maybe) Champa could be included. The rest have gotten little to no character development. Anyway, I choose Beerus. He's one of the best things to come out of modern Dragon Ball.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Forte224 wrote:I don't really see how anyone except Beerus or (maybe) Champa could be included. The rest have gotten little to no character development. Anyway, I choose Beerus. He's one of the best things to come out of modern Dragon Ball.
You'd think that but then people like myself get rather attached to characters who have little screen time.I love pretty much all the Universe 11 characters and another member CJStriker_CBR loves all things Universe 2.

What makes such characters appealing not an easy thing to quantify, part of it is design i.e. they look cool, sometimes it's that what characterisation they do have really intreast you or maybe it's something more arbitrary, for example I set up a little thread were everyone would follow and support a universe based primarily on the month they were born, although that wasn't a stricked rule, and being born in November I ended up supporting and getting very attached to Jiren, Top and co. Hell sometime it's the simple fact that these character are underdeveloped, as it allows fans to come up with their own ideas and backstories about them.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Alright, it's been a day since I started the god poll, let's see what the results are!
  • Quitela: 40
  • Beerus: 35
  • Liqour: 21
  • Mosco-Mule: 14
  • Champa: 14
  • Vermoud: 12
  • Geene: 4
  • Helles: 3
  • Iwen: 2
  • Sidra: 2
  • Rumoosh: 1
  • Arak: 0
As a result of multiple websites, Quitela is the winner with Beerus as a close second.
Last edited by Rinsankajugin on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Oh we are in so much trouble when Lord Beerus sees this...

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:32 pm

I would say beerus he has a good personality and has taken a interest in Goku and Vegeta which I think adds depth to his character to him as a whole. He has changed from a pure planet buster and a killer to someone who dare I say has developed a softer more human side.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:08 pm

I’m surprised at how few votes Vermoud/Belmod (I still don’t know what to call him) has. Back when the designs for the Gods of Destruction were revealed, he was among the most talked about, and he’s easily been the most fleshed out one next to Beerus and Champa. Plus, the manga made him out to be very cunning and sneaky, which I figured would’ve gone over well with most people. I never would’ve imagined that Quitela of all characters would be winning in a poll like this.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:35 pm

If only i could remember them :wtf:
Doesn't really matter, all of them except Beerus and Champa seemed completely irrelevant and forgettable to me so i simply vote for Beerus since Champa was kinda annoying.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:05 pm

I wonder why Liqour got so many votes... he never really had any characterization or anything IIRC.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:07 am

WittyUsername wrote:I’m surprised at how few votes Vermoud/Belmod (I still don’t know what to call him) has. Back when the designs for the Gods of Destruction were revealed, he was among the most talked about, and he’s easily been the most fleshed out one next to Beerus and Champa. Plus, the manga made him out to be very cunning and sneaky, which I figured would’ve gone over well with most people. I never would’ve imagined that Quitela of all characters would be winning in a poll like this.
Yeah, the outcome is pretty interesting to be honest.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I wonder why Liqour got so many votes... he never really had any characterization or anything IIRC.
I can think a few reasons, but y'all wouldn't like 'em...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Ssjcell wrote:I would say beerus he has a good personality and has taken a interest in Goku and Vegeta which I think adds depth to his character to him as a whole. He has changed from a pure planet buster and a killer to someone who dare I say has developed a softer more human side.
Yeah. In the Trunks arc he was kinda reserved towards Bulma after she came back from the Future & he found out he was wrong, he felt bad enough to go back to Gowasu's place even though he could have easily dropped it not caring and gone back home. That perfectly captures how much he changed.