Spouse Question.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Spouse Question.

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:53 pm

If you were in this Universe and were a Saiyan or other dual gendered species would you prefer to marry into your own species?

I know I would. It would be preferable to marry another Saiyan as they age slower than humans do.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Spouse Question.

Post by KBABZ » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Hulk10 wrote:It would be preferable to marry another Saiyan as they age slower than humans do.
Not so sure actually. We know that Saiyans retain their physical appearance much better than humans do, but have we ever been given proper word on what their actual lifespan is?

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:39 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:It would be preferable to marry another Saiyan as they age slower than humans do.
Not so sure actually. We know that Saiyans retain their physical appearance much better than humans do, but have we ever been given proper word on what their actual lifespan is?
Toriyama flat-out stated that a Saiyan's natural lifespan is longer than a Human's.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... -super-qa/

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:44 pm

As long as it's a human I wouldn't care but I wouldn't want some tentacle chick or animal woman LOL :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:45 pm

zarmack wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
Toriyama flat-out stated that a Saiyan's natural lifespan is longer than a Human's.
Ohh, thanks for that!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:50 pm

samuraix123 wrote:As long as it's a human I wouldn't care but I wouldn't want some tentacle chick or animal woman LOL :lol:
Is go as far as to say humanoid. Someone like Cheelai would be fine, but there’s a line that cant be crossed. Like, if they look too alien, like Captain Ginyu or Freeza levels of alien.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

SheonGT

Post by SheonGT » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Sure. I’m already in the universe of Dragon Ball in this scenario so why not?
Hell, Zangya could get it even though she’s a space mutant
Ask me about my love for the Faulconer Productions score!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:47 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:As long as it's a human I wouldn't care but I wouldn't want some tentacle chick or animal woman LOL :lol:
Is go as far as to say humanoid. Someone like Cheelai would be fine, but there’s a line that cant be crossed. Like, if they look too alien, like Captain Ginyu or Freeza levels of alien.
Or who doesn't look like Ribrianne in her transformed state. No offense meant.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:27 am

A female angel would be interesting...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:33 am

Hulk10 wrote:If you were in this Universe and were a Saiyan or other dual gendered species would you prefer to marry into your own species?

I know I would. It would be preferable to marry another Saiyan as they age slower than humans do.
Definitely a Saiyan. I'm surprised Vegeta married a Human woman considering all his pride for the Saiyan race but it was close enough, Saiyans kinda look like Humans.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:47 am

zarmack wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

Bit of a retcon this, since I'm almost certain that I've read an older interview in which he stated that a saiyan's lifespan is about the same as a human's but they stay in their prime physical form longer. The events in DBO, which he oversaw, support this.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:04 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:If you were in this Universe and were a Saiyan or other dual gendered species would you prefer to marry into your own species?

Definitely a Saiyan. I'm surprised Vegeta married a Human woman considering all his pride for the Saiyan race but it was close enough, Saiyans kinda look like Humans.
Yeah and Bulma and Chi Chi are highly aggressive like female Saiyans.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:12 pm

Wouldn't really matter about the species specifically for the Dragon Ball Universe to me as long as they look human.

You have aliens like Zangya, or the Angel's who wouldn't be the same species as earthlings but they're basically the same thing. I wouldn't be with no different looking alien though.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:13 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Definitely a Saiyan. I'm surprised Vegeta married a Human woman considering all his pride for the Saiyan race but it was close enough, Saiyans kinda look like Humans.
I mean he had so many female Saiyajins to choose from

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:

There weren't any Saiyan women left to choose.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:25 pm

zarmack wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:

There weren't any Saiyan women left to choose.
That they knew of. But yeah your right