Dragon Ball Full Color

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Exline
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by Exline » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Are there more Dragon Ball Full Color volumes being produced for the other arcs?

So far I only see the ones for the Saiyan Arc and Freeza Arc. The last volume released was in January of 2017 with the Freeza Arc Vol. 5. I'm wondering if it's worth buying or not. I'm concerned because I don't want to begin a collection that won't be fully completed!

Anyone have any solid info on these Dragon Ball Full Color volumes?

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by Forte224 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Unfortunately we haven't received any info for quite a while now. The localization appears to be dead.

User avatar
Mewzard
I Live Here
Posts: 2007
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by Mewzard » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Forte224 wrote:Unfortunately we haven't received any info for quite a while now. The localization appears to be dead.
Don't forget, Viz took like two years to release the Freeza volumes in Full Color after the Saiyan Arc. It's not necessarily dead.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by Forte224 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:17 pm

Mewzard wrote:
Forte224 wrote:Unfortunately we haven't received any info for quite a while now. The localization appears to be dead.
Don't forget, Viz took like two years to release the Freeza volumes in Full Color after the Saiyan Arc. It's not necessarily dead.
I suppose. Hasn't it been even longer since the Freeza Arc was released though?

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4079
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:46 am

Viz are handling Full Colour very poorly. They stick to the story that it's not cancelled, and they're looking to get more, but they refuse to really talk about it aside from occasionally dropping an "It's not cancelled!" and "Negotiating these things takes time." every now and then.

I get that they might be a in a tight spot, with Shueisha perhaps being awkward about licensing, but they could at least do more than the pretty much stone-cold silence they've been sticking to for so long... >_<

Regardless, I don't think it's canned, they've stuck to the story that they're looking to do more, but we may be waiting a very long time.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

User avatar
The Time Traveller
I Live Here
Posts: 3451
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:00 pm

The last new version of DB to come out was Dragon Ball Full Color The Freeza Arc volume 5, which came out almost 2 years ago, right as the guy who wrote the English version was arrested for uploading child porn online.

Maybe they're planning something special? Look at how Jojo gets nice hardcover Kanzenban releases with an entirely new translation and some of the names fixed, would sure be cool if we got something like that, but if they just continued what they were doing with DB FC that would be great too. It's possible they don't want that guy's version of the script getting a new release.

What stinks is the original names for Saibaimen and Mr. Satan still don't get used in newer material like Super or the Yamcha comic, so who knows what they'd do for a new translation?

User avatar
SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:31 am

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:58 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:The last new version of DB to come out was Dragon Ball Full Color The Freeza Arc volume 5, which came out almost 2 years ago, right as the guy who wrote the English version was arrested for uploading child porn online.
When did that happen?

User avatar
Exline
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by Exline » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
The Time Traveller wrote:The last new version of DB to come out was Dragon Ball Full Color The Freeza Arc volume 5, which came out almost 2 years ago, right as the guy who wrote the English version was arrested for uploading child porn online.
When did that happen?
Just looked it up, he may be referring to Gerard Jones.

I think I'll wait for the beginning of the Android Arc in full color to decide whether or not I should purchase. It's a bit hard for me to read manga black and white after reading the beautifully colored Jojo's Bizarre Adventure volumes.

User avatar
SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:31 am

Re: Dragon Ball Full Color

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:12 pm

Exline wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
The Time Traveller wrote:The last new version of DB to come out was Dragon Ball Full Color The Freeza Arc volume 5, which came out almost 2 years ago, right as the guy who wrote the English version was arrested for uploading child porn online.
When did that happen?
Just looked it up, he may be referring to Gerard Jones.

I think I'll wait for the beginning of the Android Arc in full color to decide whether or not I should purchase. It's a bit hard for me to read manga black and white after reading the beautifully colored Jojo's Bizarre Adventure volumes.
Those do look quite excellent and its always good and preferable to see a manga in full color, but black and white has it's nuances.

Post Reply