Where did some of these rumors come from?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Where did some of these rumors come from?

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:28 pm

So in the Buu arc overall was a fun a arc but propbably the weakest for me in the Z portion of the series. There was some rumors I remember years ago hearing that their was some changes. Apparently from what i heard, it was to be Piccolo and not Vegeta to be possessed by Babbidi. As well another one is Tien was supposed to awaken his third eye's true power and he was supposed to have a bogger battle with Buutenks.

Where did these rumors come from? I haven't seen anything that gives these points legitemency but I see some people saying this was supposed to be.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Where did some of these rumors come from?

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:52 pm

I have never heard those rumors to be honest. Honestly due to DBZ in English being way behind the Japanese versiom most of the information I ever saw online before well before the Buu saga hit Toonami was pretty damn accurate. Just those weird things like sometimes it was Buu and sometimes it was Boo but the information was always correct

I was actually pretty mad how long it seemed to take Toonami to get anywhere because thanks to the Internet in 2000 I pretty much knew all the details of the Buu saga

The only rumors I ever remember hearing where:

Toriyama wanted to end it on the Freeza saga but his editor or fans (depending on the source) convinced him to keep going

Then he wanted to end on the Cell saga but his wife or fans (again varied by source) convinced him to do one more

Then Gohan was suppose to be the main hero of the Buu saga but Japanese fans demanded Goku to be the hero.

I assume all those rumors are a byproduct of fans looking how asspull-y and writing by the seat of your pants and making it up as you go along the Z half of Dragon Ball was and this was just justification that spread like wildfire
Last edited by MasenkoHA on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:00 pm

The easiest way to answer, I guess, would be to ask "Where did I hear these rumors".

I haven't heard those ones before.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:28 pm

I’ve heard the Majin Piccolo rumor before but never anything about Tien vs Buutenks

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the Majin Piccolo rumor came from the DB wiki and people took it as a fact since then. Vegeta blowing up the Tenkachi Budokai ring did felt like a throwback to Piccolo blowing it up back in the day. So fans probably assume that scene was written with Piccolo in mind.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/