The FULL version of the infamous DBZ French opening

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The FULL version of the infamous DBZ French opening

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:15 am

For sure! If it is on youtube, would love to check it.
Catalan opening of Chala Head Chala was one of my favorites, unfortunately before I started to watch the German dub with Chala, I was sentenced to the dumb French one, but I was used to it :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

chungohan

Post by chungohan » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Here you have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMOqp4ZXaM

I also uploaded in the same channel the instrumental version for the catalan "Cha La, Head Cha La", which didn't use the original japanese music track.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:01 am

chungohan wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:20 pm Here you have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMOqp4ZXaM

I also uploaded in the same channel the instrumental version for the catalan "Cha La, Head Cha La", which didn't use the original japanese music track.
Awesome! I have liked the Catalan and Gallician versions of Chala and never heard the instrumental alone!
Was that released?
I grew up on German version of Chala Head Chala, which sounds really hard-rockish.
Still remember that cool feeling, when they aired it on prime time after News in the evening and the TV turned red with the Z coming over the ball and this started to play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQDgslVlcyQ
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

chungohan

Post by chungohan » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:30 am

No, it was never released. Both instrumentals come from a backup of the original material for the songs and insert songs :)

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:40 pm

chungohan wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:19 am Here in spain we have seen that shitty opening from episodes 1 to 104 (at least in Catalna, they also got that in spanish but maybe in lesser episodes).

IIRC, the catalana version was sung by a man and the spanish by a woman.

I have a tvsize and a long version of the song in catalan and also an instrumental version of the long one.

Anyone interested in that one?
Speaking of, it seems to me that the Catalan version of Makafushigi Adventure is sung by the same guy that did the European Spanish version of Makafushigi Adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumZUzVzHp4 (EU Spanish)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F47Bu1AoXss (Catalan)
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

chungohan

Post by chungohan » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:41 am

Yes, because the firts 26 episodes of Dragon Ball were dubbed in Barcelona (Catalonia) either in Catalan and Spanish.

So the ending song is also the same singer for both languages.

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:12 pm

I actually found a different version of the og portugal intro. On a vhs promo. The only difference is that its song by a different singer, but it's only the last verse.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWUXE6-vU
It's at 3:12

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:29 pm

I legit love this opening. It is a MASSIVE guilty pleasure of mine.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:10 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:29 pm I legit love this opening. It is a MASSIVE guilty pleasure of mine.
Same it's just good in a weird way.
I wonder where is the full version of the alternate portugal opening The only way for us to know is to figure out the singer

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:55 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:10 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:29 pm I legit love this opening. It is a MASSIVE guilty pleasure of mine.
Same it's just good in a weird way.
I wonder where is the full version of the alternate portugal opening The only way for us to know is to figure out the singer
The singers who sang this Portugal-dubbed French DBZ theme is actually José Natário and Ruy Silva, according to credits from every TV airing of every episode of DBZ in Portugal.

Sadly, there isn't a full version. The only alternate version heard is from the dub of Movies 12 and 13, which has an alternate instrumental that starts after the short seconds of "We Gotta Power". Seconds later after the alternate instrumental, it transitions to the usual theme, but probably re-recorded by the same singers.