Dragon Ball traditions?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball traditions?

Post by PacificOceanDub » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:30 pm

So it’s Christmas Day and my sister and I plan on watching DBZ movie 05 tonight like we always do every year. Ever since probably ‘03 or ‘04 when we got a VHS copy of the movie from “Santa”.

This got me wondering if anyone else has any sort of tradition revolving around Dragon Ball? Not necessarily for Christmas or any other holiday, but just maybe something you do annually?
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball traditions?

Post by ZodaEX » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:23 am

It's my tradition to wear my turtle hermit gi whenever I go see a new Dragon Ball movie in the theater.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:04 am

My tradition has been to watch the whole series Dragonball, z, movies, and GT if I feel like it. Lately though because I take care of my grandpa I can barely manage Z yearly. Dragonball is the one cartoon that has never gotten old no matter how many times I watch it.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Like samuraix123, I do revisit the original anime run, though I usually don't include all the movies. Typically takes me several months to get through it all, and I tend not to watch it in any hurry, and I tend to leave long gaps between viewings, but in my opinion, it is the definitive Dragon Ball experience.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.