Is this Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return DVD legit?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Is this Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return DVD legit?

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am

Kind of a spinoff thread of my other special threads, but this isn't asking if a dub for this will happen because I'm more than well aware that the 2008 special of all specials will never receive a dub. However, I would like to know if the release pictured below is a bootleg or not. Thing is, I could've bought this because I saw it on eBay but passed on it so I want to know if it would've been worth it or not (and whether or not I should be kicking myself for not scoring it when it was on eBay). If it's legit, would anyone be able to tell me where else I can possibly find it? Chances are I'm just going to buy Battle of Gods Japanese Limited Edition since it comes with the 2008 special legally, but I'd still appreciate some help, If any.

mecha3000
Regular

Re: Is this Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return DVD legit?

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:11 am

Nevermind, got my answer: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/jp/jsat/ Damn it.....

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 am

That's the official cover of the original 2009 DVD release, yes. Not a bootleg.

More info: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/jp/jsat/

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:19 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:That's the official cover of the original 2009 DVD release, yes. Not a bootleg.

More info: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/jp/jsat/
Yeah, I know. Read my second post above you. Damn, sucks I couldn't score that. Missed out on the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans VHS on eBay because I had no money and now the 2008 special DVD. I guess I'll be on the lookout in case it ever pops up again, which will probably never happen honestly. Oh well. Guess the Battle of Gods Japanese Limited Edition will have to feel that void and I guess owning all of DB on Blu-ray (hopefully the Toei HD versions release stateside though) is better than an odd one out DVD. Still would've been nice to own something rare though like with my Kai Parts.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:26 am

mecha3000 wrote:Yeah, I know. Read my second post above you.
When I was writing my post, your second one wasn't available.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:Yeah, I know. Read my second post above you.
When I was writing my post, your second one wasn't available.
I figured that, but then I thought about it and doesn't it usually tell you when a new post has been made. I just thought it would've shown you mine so yours could've been edited. My bad if it didn't. See what not scoring something does to someone?