Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:35 am

IM21 wrote:welcome to the new era. Soon you won't be able to say hi to a girl.
This is an absurd statement.
IM21 wrote:Like I said before. If this shit was going on for 15 years it shoud have been made into a big deal long ago.
You may wish to actually read the article(s) in question and other conversations taking place here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 am

IM21 wrote:
welcome to the new era. Soon you won't be able to say hi to a girl.
Hi, professional girl here. You can say hi to me, you just can't shove your dick against me, touch me in intimate places or kiss me without actually knowing me.
IM21 wrote:Like I said before. If this shit was going on for 15 years it shoud have been made into a big deal long ago. I am not defending Vic, but until I see some evidence other than, he kissed someone on a cheek and hugged fans I really can't say he deserves to be destroyed.
Being victimized is a psychological trauma. It fucks up your brain and makes even something seemingly 'simple' as reporting a crime intensely difficult, especially if the perpetrator is well-known and you stand to lose a lot to your livelihood in the fallout of the accusation. Additionally, it leads to depression and when one has depression it's difficult to have the wherewithal to even make yourself breakfast or get out of bed.

--Julie
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:47 am

JulieYBM wrote:
IM21 wrote:
welcome to the new era. Soon you won't be able to say hi to a girl.
Hi, professional girl here. You can say hi to me, you just can't shove your dick against me, touch me in intimate places or kiss me without actually knowing me.
IM21 wrote:Like I said before. If this shit was going on for 15 years it shoud have been made into a big deal long ago. I am not defending Vic, but until I see some evidence other than, he kissed someone on a cheek and hugged fans I really can't say he deserves to be destroyed.
Being victimized is a psychological trauma. It fucks up your brain and makes even something seemingly 'simple' as reporting a crime intensely difficult, especially if the perpetrator is well-known and you stand to lose a lot to your livelihood in the fallout of the accusation. Additionally, it leads to depression and when one has depression it's difficult to have the wherewithal to even make yourself breakfast or get out of bed.

--Julie
your signature say you are a transgender. not a woman

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:52 am

Please dont do that. Please dont do that to Julie.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:58 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
Dude, are you asking for a permanent ban or something?

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:01 am

mute_proxy wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
why? because i said the truth? he calling himeself a girl and pretend he has the mind of a female when he dosent. hes a male not a girl

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
why? because i said the truth? he calling himeself a girl and pretend he has the mind of a female when he dosent. hes a male not a girl
Holy shit, dude.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
Because you're being a total inconsiderate dick in regards to the person and the subject, disregarding what's being said. Also you're implying a person can't understand another because of their sexual differences, which is preposterous.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:09 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
Gender isn't defined by the gender one is assigned at birth.

Before Mike inevitably bans you I'd like you to actually look into transgender communities and try to actually learn about transgender and non-binary people. We're real human beings who deserve the respect of not being treated like inhuman freaks.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:15 am

JulieYBM wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:

Before Mike inevitably bans you I'd like you to actually look into transgender communities and try to actually learn about transgender and non-binary people. We're real human beings who deserve the respect of not being treated like inhuman freaks.
i dident called you inhuman freak but you cant just pretend your a girl where your not. your saying your a female and you can give female prespective when you cant. all that nonsense about non binery and shit i dont care. sound like a stupid new age bullshit to me. you are what you were born to be period.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:17 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:

i dident called you inhuman freak but you cant just pretend your a girl where your not. your saying your a female and you can give female prespective when you cant. all that nonsense about non binery and shit i dont care. sound like a stupid new age bullshit to me. you are what you were born to be period.
You sure know how to make a girl feel special, Daddy.
She/Her
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:23 am

Well this thread needs to be thrown in a dumpster and lit on fire.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 am

I agree. So much.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:26 am

MasenkoHA wrote:Well this thread needs to be thrown in a dumpster and lit on fire.
Is anyone really surprised this is how it turned out?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:27 am

MasenkoHA wrote:Well this thread needs to be thrown in a dumpster and lit on fire.

Yeah, frankly the thread has outlived it's usefulness. It's nice to have a place to grief together like this but at this point we're just explaining what should be basic things to a bunch of sheltered folks who don't interact with the world much.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:30 am

JulieYBM wrote:

Yeah, frankly the thread has outlived it's usefulness. It's nice to have a place to grief together like this but at this point we're just explaining what should be basic things to a bunch of sheltered folks who don't interact with the world much.
While I'm in agreement with this statement a lot, it might be basic, but it's not self evident. Basic manners are, but issues like why sexual assault is underreported, are not. There's a lot of good information in here, but so much doesn't feel like explanations as much as people just yelling at each other. I'd like to think people would be nicer to each other in person when talking about big important issues, but I'm afraid that's not true.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by saiyanhajime » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:42 am

Haha, welp. I can't say I'm surprised that someone with such gross misogynistic opinions on sexual harassment has gross misogynistic opinions about other things.
ABED wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:

While I'm in agreement with this statement a lot, it might be basic, but it's not self evident. Basic manners are, but issues like why sexual assault is underreported, are not. There's a lot of good information in here, but so much doesn't feel like explanations as much as people just yelling at each other. I'd like to think people would be nicer to each other in person when talking about big important issues, but I'm afraid that's not true.
I agree.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:04 am

ironfist2020 wrote:
TVfan721 wrote:Funimation is starting to make changes it seems.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... st/.143026
They cant telll what the charged. Kissing on the cheek? Hugging?. For that they gonna destroy him?
LMAO. People, Vic will be just fine in the long term. Relax. Yeah, he’s taking a few hits now (understandably), but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s voice acting again in a couple years after laying low for awhile. Look at Mel Gibson, there’s explicit evidence that he’s a wife beating, racist, anti-semetite that really really REALLY loves blow jobs. He then went on to direct an academy award winning film. Hell, Louis CK and the allegations are FAR more troublesome than Vic’s yet he’s back at doing stand up after barely a year.

So yeah, I wouldn’t be so dramatic.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:18 am

ironfist2020 wrote:Vic looks like a psychopath. I Dont believe him
ironfist2020 wrote:i do not believe vic. he looks like a psychopath to me
ironfist2020 wrote:

They cant telll what the charged. Kissing on the cheek? Hugging?. For that they gonna destroy him?
Obviously this guy wasn’t interested in having any sort of meaningful discussion. He was just trying to stir the pot. He contradicted himself at every turn. Good riddance. :problem:

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
ironfist2020 wrote:

LMAO. People, Vic will be just fine in the long term. Relax. Yeah, he’s taking a few hits now (understandably), but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s voice acting again in a couple years after laying low for awhile. Look at Mel Gibson, there’s explicit evidence that he’s a wife beating, racist, anti-semetite that really really REALLY loves blow jobs. He then went on to direct an academy award winning film. Hell, Louis CK and the allegations are FAR more troublesome than Vic’s yet he’s back at doing stand up after barely a year.

So yeah, I wouldn’t be so dramatic.
This is different. If they replace hin as Broly, then the new actor is here to stay. Just like they didn't bring Linda Young back as Frieza or Stephanie Nadolny as Kid Goku/Gohan.

I don't care about his other roles as only Broly will matter in the long run (his canon version barely just started appearing in games)