Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Just gonna toss in my two cents. I think Vic Mignogna is creepy and acts inappropriately around his generally underage fanbase. That much is clearly true. Getting "glomped" by 13 year old girls is just weird. I believe stories that he's a diva or a pain in the ass to work with. In addition to that, the guy gets a ton of hate for the aforementioned reputation and stuff about being against gay marriage or whatnot. (I don't have an issue with that, sometimes things conflict with your beliefs and considering the guy is a hard christian I respect his decision to be against it, not like it affects anything else.)

That being said, some allegations, like Jessie Pridemore's for instance, do seem to be false based on that fact she was talking about Todd Haberkorn as well, and Todd Haberkorn provided some evidence through texts between them that put those allegations into question IMO.

Like I dunno. I really wanna hear what happened to Monica Rial. I know Vic is a creepy kinda dude, he hugs and kisses inappropriately from what I can see. There's lots of reasons to dislike or even hate the guy. But unless he's a rapist or legitimate molestor, something I currently doubt anyhow, I don't think he should lose his job.

That's just my two cents anyways. Whether he gets replaced or not ultimately doesn't affect me (despite my Broly profile pic.)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Vignogna and Taberkorn are thankfully being removed from fandom spaces. I hope that remains so for our continued safety. I hope it becomes feasible to prosecute them in court.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Is no one going to acknowledge the fact that those that have been skeptical of the allegations have been banned? It screams censorship.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Selsiuss wrote:Is no one going to acknowledge the fact that those that have been skeptical of the allegations have been banned? It screams censorship.
Kanzenshuu is a small community, not a large social media platform like Twitter. The spirit of free speech is not being violated.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Selsiuss wrote:Is no one going to acknowledge the fact that those that have been skeptical of the allegations have been banned? It screams censorship.
Freedom of speech doesn't apply in this context. You have the right to say what you want, but people don't have to give you the forum (in this case literally) to say it. It's no different from your home. It's your property and you set the rules.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:37 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
That being said, some allegations, like Jessie Pridemore's for instance, do seem to be false based on that fact she was talking about Todd Haberkorn as well, and Todd Haberkorn provided some evidence through texts between them that put those allegations into question IMO.
If you haven't already, please read Adam Sheehan's tweets:
https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/ ... 5006524416
Last edited by ShadowBardock89 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:38 pm

From what I can see, they only got banned after a long period of circular back-and-forth arguments; and most of them didn't have terribly well thought out posts either.

Seriously, you can even see me openly challenging VegettoEX on the first page; yet nothing bad's happened to me.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:40 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
From what I can see, they only got banned after a long period of circular back-and-forth arguments; and most of them didn't have terribly well thought out posts either.

Seriously, you can even see me openly challenging VegettoEX on the first page; yet nothing bad's happened to me.
There have been people that got banned after only a few posts in this thread. You also have been here since 2011 so they would be more lenient towards you due to seniority; don't want to lose a long-time member.
Last edited by Selsiuss on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Selsiuss wrote:There have been people that got banned after only a few posts in this thread.
That's because this thread has gotten large enough that questions like "where's the evidence?", "did you know the photos were photo-shopped", and "why haven't more victims reported" are getting more and more silly. You'd have to be ignoring what's right in front of you in the thread.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Selsiuss wrote:There have been people that got banned after only a few posts in this thread.
That's because this thread has gotten large enough that questions like "where's the evidence?", "did you know the photos were photo-shopped", and "why haven't more victims reported" are getting more and more silly. You'd have to be ignoring what's right in front of you in the thread.
Maybe people jumped into the last page.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Selsiuss wrote:Maybe people jumped into the last page.
Well...I mean, you kind of have a responsibility to read the thread, see if your questions were already answered, don't you? Or failing that, just say "hey, I haven't read the thread; does anyone have an answer for X or X?"

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:49 pm

This isn't a publicly-owned forum: its under private ownership. The site's owner can do with it basically whatever the hell he wants (within legal reason at least, obviously), and lay down whatever rules and throw out whichever individuals he chooses. He's under zero obligation whatsoever to uphold anyone's content standards but his own. If the way he chooses to run his own site bothers you: there's the door.

Don't even try to turn this into a "My free speech rights!" issue. Most free speech laws only apply to PUBLIC spaces, NOT those that are privately owned (see also: Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc). So unless you want to make the case that Kanzenshuu, a fucking fan site dedicated to a 30 year old Japanese children's comic/cartoon, should somehow become a government-owned and operated platform, then this doesn't in any way qualify as "censorship" (within the sort of context that you're clearly implying at least) in any meaningful sense.

This isn't any different than when a restaurant owner decides to kick out a patron that he feels is being disruptive and rude to other customers: no private owner of any patronized space (real world or digital) is under ANY obligation whatsoever to put up with any nonsense he or she doesn't feel like dealing with.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 pm

I’m just stopping by right now to say one last thing: this whole situation is, for lack of a better term, a complete clusterfuck. Between the allegations against Mignogna, the allegations against Todd Haberkorn, the reported attempts at falsifying evidence to make Mignogna look worse than he already does, the allegations against one of the people who accused Mignogna of being a jerk (Neil Kaplan), and the responses from Mignogna’s fellow VAs, this whole thing is just a complete and utter shit show, and the heated arguments in this thread aren’t helping matters. I don’t have a dog in this fight, but by God, this is making me miss the days when the biggest Dragon Ball related controversy was the season sets.

I know people thought I was being ridiculous when I said that I don’t want to be supporting Dragon Ball for the time being, but this past week has convinced me more than ever that I would be better off staying the hell away from this franchise until this mess settles down. I don’t want to have to deal with the baggage of contributing to the success of a series that’s connected to a company with this much drama behind it.

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
This isn't a publicly-owned forum: its under private ownership. The site's owner can do with it basically whatever the hell he wants (within legal reason at least, obviously), and lay down whatever rules and throw out whichever individuals he chooses. He's under zero obligation whatsoever to uphold anyone's content standards but his own. If the way he chooses to run his own site bothers you: there's the door.

Don't even try to turn this into a "My free speech rights!" issue. Most free speech laws only apply to PUBLIC spaces, NOT those that are privately owned (see also: Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc). So unless you want to make the case that Kanzenshuu, a fucking fan site dedicated to a 30 year old Japanese children's comic/cartoon, should somehow become a government-owned and operated platform, then this doesn't in any way qualify as "censorship" (within the sort of context that you're clearly implying at least) in any meaningful sense.

This isn't any different than when a restaurant owner decides to kick out a patron that he feels is being disruptive and rude to other customers: no private owner of any patronized space (real world or digital) is under ANY obligation whatsoever to put up with any nonsense he or she doesn't feel like dealing with.
If they're going to ban people, they should issue warnings for frowned-upon or disallowed posts beforehand. Give them 1 warning, and I wouldn't have a problem with it. But no, insta-banned, no warning.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:
If you haven't already, please read Adam Sheehan's tweets:
https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/ ... 5006524416
Man, reading through that it does sound kinda bad. But at the same time, even though she had a lot to drink it seems ambiguous to me, especially given the texts between them where they had talked about hooking up. It doesn't help that I know someone who's had a similar reaction she had to regretting a drunken but otherwise consensual hook-up. I'm not saying what she said happened didn't happen, but I do have a doubt.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:55 pm

There are multiple in-thread and private warnings issued.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Selsiuss wrote:There have been people that got banned after only a few posts in this thread. You also have been here since 2011 so they would be more lenient towards you due to seniority; don't want to lose a long-time member.
This is even MORE ridiculous, and is the sort of paranoid "conspiracy theorizing" that's lead to a couple of other nutbars on this forum cyberstalking me off-site for several months awhile back when one of the mods just happened to close down a similarly heated and politically controversial thread that I just happened to have one of the last posts in, leading to similarly harebrained "Ah ha! The mods and long-standing members of this forum are secretly in on some kind of backroom scheme against the more casual forum members who say opinions they don't agree with!"

As someone who's been an on and off regular on this forum since literally its first year, allow me to preempt that nonsense thusly: no, that is NOT how this site is run. There is ZERO "co-ordination" and absolutely NO "unspoken agreement" between Mike, the other mods, or the more active members to "selectively pick on" certain community members who's views they don't agree on. Neither myself, nor any of the other older forum members have ANY such relationship with the owner or the other mods.

Trust me: if you get banned on this site, odds are you probably did something REALLY shitty to warrant it, since this site's mods are normally INSANELY lenient and RARELY hand out bans willy-nilly, and are known to even give some of the most annoying trolls chance after chance after chance to redeem themselves.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Selsiuss wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote:

If they're going to ban people, they should issue warnings for frowned-upon or disallowed posts beforehand. Give them 1 warning, and I wouldn't have a problem with it. But no, insta-banned, no warning.
You don't know what kinds of warnings have already been issued. Mike, etc., don't generally announce strikes against specific members publicly.

That being said, Mike has announced that strikes and warnings have been being issued since early on in this thread. People have been warned.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Selsiuss wrote:There have been people that got banned after only a few posts in this thread. You also have been here since 2011 so they would be more lenient towards you due to seniority; don't want to lose a long-time member.
This is even MORE ridiculous, and is the sort of paranoid "conspiracy theorizing" that's lead to a couple of other nutbars on this forum cyberstalking me off-site for several months awhile back when one of the mods just happened to close down a similarly heated and politically controversial thread that I just happened to have one of the last posts in, leading to similarly harebrained "Ah ha! The mods and long-standing members of this forum are secretly in on some kind of backroom scheme against the more casual forum members who say opinions they don't agree with!"

As someone who's been an on and off regular on this forum since literally its first year, allow me to preempt that nonsense thusly: no, that is NOT how this site is run. There is ZERO "co-ordination" and absolutely NO "unspoken agreement" between Mike, the other mods, or the more active members to "selectively pick on" certain community members who's views they don't agree on. Neither myself, nor any of the other older forum members have ANY such relationship with the owner or the other mods.
They don't have to deliberately be "in cahoots" with each other. Rather, they'd simply give longer-standing members the benefit of the doubt by their own preference.
Kunzait_83 wrote: Trust me: if you get banned on this site, odds are you probably did something REALLY shitty to warrant it, since this site's mods are normally INSANELY lenient and RARELY hand out bans willy-nilly, and are known to even give some of the most annoying trolls chance after chance after chance to redeem themselves.
In the last few pages there's some that were banned without an in-thread response from a Mod. I.E., no warning.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:10 pm

Selsiuss wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote:

They don't have to deliberately be "in cahoots" with each other. Rather, they'd simply give longer-standing members the benefit of the doubt by their own preference.
Kunzait_83 wrote: Trust me: if you get banned on this site, odds are you probably did something REALLY shitty to warrant it, since this site's mods are normally INSANELY lenient and RARELY hand out bans willy-nilly, and are known to even give some of the most annoying trolls chance after chance after chance to redeem themselves.
In the last few pages there's some that were banned without an in-thread response from a Mod. I.E., no warning.
It is a user's responsibility to read the entire thread.
She/Her
bisexual milf