Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10225
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:37 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait, did Doctor. get permanently banned over this?
Yes. It looks like it.

This is a very controversial subject, and naturally, will result in some very controversial opinions being produced. A few members on this forum have actually been given the boot over certain statements and opinion made about this topic.
It seems the mod team is thankfully taking a zero tolerance approach to victim blaming, seems the ANN threads are littered with the same problem too and a similar zero tolerance approach there too. Quite ironic that a few people have been banned here over something they said "they didn't care about" which either they were lying or shows most comments like that are just trying to be controversial to bait on purpose, at any rate I think we need to stop responding to similar comments if anymore are made and let the mod team deal with it.

User avatar
Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:To any Vic defender at this point with the number of stories coming out its impossible to say Vic is innocent now.
When prevaricated garbage like TheQuartering gets traction from this subject, I think it's clear that most Youtubers would prefer to keep their heads in the sand.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by PFM18 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:58 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait, did Doctor. get permanently banned over this?
Yes. It looks like it.

This is a very controversial subject, and naturally, will result in some very controversial opinions being produced. A few members on this forum have actually been given the boot over certain statements and opinion made about this topic.
It looks like it? So you don't know for certain?

Has Monica Rial's account of her experience with Vic come out yet?

User avatar
TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Yes. It looks like it.

This is a very controversial subject, and naturally, will result in some very controversial opinions being produced. A few members on this forum have actually been given the boot over certain statements and opinion made about this topic.
It looks like it? So you don't know for certain?
His account just says Banned, no temporary there. I can't believe a user who was here for nearly 5 years with 10k+ posts ended up losing his account over this. I enjoyed reading his posts about the series, if only he hadn't gotten involved in this.

User avatar
Woodlandbuckle
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Alright everyone, let's get our ducks in a row. What's all the evidence we have so far? Here's my very in complete list of what has been gathered...
Only 230 out of 1000 Sexual Assaults are Reported (also gives reasons for why that is):
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/crimin ... ice-system

Relevant excerpts from "Illia Sadri": A long time con staff member
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/ph ... &start=105)

Tempet: ANN Publisher & CEO
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/ph ... &start=120)

More Relevant Excerpts reaching as far back as 2011:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/20 ... s/67872530
https://hetalia-wank.livejournal.com/31 ... 71#t115571
http://vicmeggnognahorrorstories.tumblr ... /%20Creepy

Photoshopping Claim is False (note how Valerie Dave's name was NOT blanked out when this was leaked):
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 01/1cb.jpg
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 03/fcf.jpg
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 05/ab1.jpg

"Valerie Depa" FB Account was Stolen from Someone Else to Smear "KickVic":
https://www.deviantart.com/laundrysoapm ... -784600047
Anything anyone wants to add to this?
I just saved that last link onto the way back machine so if it ever gets taken down use this. click here

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10260
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:22 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Yes. It looks like it.

This is a very controversial subject, and naturally, will result in some very controversial opinions being produced. A few members on this forum have actually been given the boot over certain statements and opinion made about this topic.
It looks like it? So you don't know for certain?
His account just says Banned, no temporary there. I can't believe a user who was here for nearly 5 years with 10k+ posts ended up losing his account over this. I enjoyed reading his posts about the series, if only he hadn't gotten involved in this.
Doctor is hardly the longest-serving member to get banned from here. The mod team isn't big on preferential treatment.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by PFM18 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Yes. It looks like it.

This is a very controversial subject, and naturally, will result in some very controversial opinions being produced. A few members on this forum have actually been given the boot over certain statements and opinion made about this topic.
It looks like it? So you don't know for certain?
His account just says Banned, no temporary there. I can't believe a user who was here for nearly 5 years with 10k+ posts ended up losing his account over this. I enjoyed reading his posts about the series, if only he hadn't gotten involved in this.
Yeah, my bad I didn't realize it literally says "Banned" next to his account name. I've said several times I think he's extremely, irrationally pessimistic when it comes to modern Dragon Ball, but I still appreciated his presence and found many of his points to be very interesting and offered a unique perspective on these matters. It's really a shame that he got banned.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5743
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:31 pm

PFM18 wrote:I've said several times I think he's extremely, irrationally pessimistic when it comes to modern Dragon Ball.
From what I have observed from you and Doctor. discussions, he just disagrees with your extremely optimistic stance about modern Dragon Ball.

Anyway, I don't think we are supposed to talk about a user's condition and get the thread off-topic.

User avatar
Woodlandbuckle
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Woodlandbuckle wrote:
Fionordequester wrote:Alright everyone, let's get our ducks in a row. What's all the evidence we have so far? Here's my very in complete list of what has been gathered...
Only 230 out of 1000 Sexual Assaults are Reported (also gives reasons for why that is):
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/crimin ... ice-system

Relevant excerpts from "Illia Sadri": A long time con staff member
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/ph ... &start=105)

Tempet: ANN Publisher & CEO
(https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/ph ... &start=120)

More Relevant Excerpts reaching as far back as 2011:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/20 ... s/67872530
https://hetalia-wank.livejournal.com/31 ... 71#t115571
http://vicmeggnognahorrorstories.tumblr ... /%20Creepy

Photoshopping Claim is False (note how Valerie Dave's name was NOT blanked out when this was leaked):
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 01/1cb.jpg
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 03/fcf.jpg
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 05/ab1.jpg

"Valerie Depa" FB Account was Stolen from Someone Else to Smear "KickVic":
https://www.deviantart.com/laundrysoapm ... -784600047
Anything anyone wants to add to this?
I just saved that last link onto the way back machine so if it ever gets taken down use this. click here
Just clarify, I'm not defending Vic here, I just want to preserve as much evidence as possible. (I also think that what he's done is true, and disgusting)

User avatar
Woodlandbuckle
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 pm

If anyone has any more evidence (or links to evidence) against Vic so I can archive/screen-shot/download them.

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Char Aznable » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 pm

At first I was a little skeptical just because of some counter-evidence I saw but as more comes out the more I'm convinced, those stories from years ago were very telling especially the one from the girl that used to live in his hometown and he lured her into his house for a 'worship video'. Either way he was always definitely a little too touchy-feely with fans. Shaking hands and putting your arm around a fan for a picture is fine (if the fan is cool with it), but the whole getting in close thing is just plan wrong. Come on man, you just don't do that to total strangers.

A little awkward after just seeing DBS Broly in theaters but then again my fiance and I were both disappointed that a Japanese screening was not an option in the first place, so no attachment lost to Mignogna's Broly. Either way this will not end pretty, the guy has been a staple of FUNi productions going on - what - 15 years now? There will be a lot of disappointed fans. A friend of mine has always LOVED Mignogna, even used to be part of his fanclub (maybe still is), she's sticking by him because she's such a huge fan. It's heartbreaking, but I understand.

User avatar
XanatosVanBadass
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Kinokima wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote:
Kinokima wrote:There are so many accounts of Vic doing things inappropriate or worse but still there are people who refuse to believe it. So many unnconnected accusers would be considered evidence but that apparently isn’t enough for people. Apparently they want photos & video from when someone was sexually assaulted. But then these same people accuse the photos of being photoshopped. The hypocrisy is blatant.

One that stands out to me is this account from the user Nyahko on the PLL forum page 11. Note her account is from Dec 2018 before this whole thing with Vic even blew up.

https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/ ... na/?page=7
Yeah it’s ridiculous how many excuses the pro-Vic crowd comes up with.

It’s not about having evidence. They just don’t want to deal with the fact that some overrated dub voice actor they hero worship is a shitty person.

“I like his work on FMA and he was nice to me...a dude...and signed my autograph and took the pictures with me that he was paid for”


From what I’ve also seen on Twitter a lot of people who have taken up in defense of Vic are people who are anti SJW and think this is some attack on white conservative men. These are not good people and these are the type of people who are making this trolling click bait YouTube videos that people keep linking to on here.


I mean Vic’s fanbase was largely composed of teenage fan girls and while you see some big fans of Vic’s coming to his defense to I think a lot of these people coming to his defense may have ulterior motives and may not even care about Vic. Unfortunately people who want to believe in Vic are easily swayed by these type of anti SJW YouTube videos about fake evidence etc.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees this. It’s very naive to assume all of Vic’s defenders are kids who are upset that their fav voice actor won’t be playing his memorable roles for the foreseeable. No, the poster trying to get that Facebook group to manufacture evidence so he looks more guilty? They know EXACTLY what they’re doing. They don’t give a shit about justice. Hell they probably aren’t really anime fans. They just want to throw a monkey wrench into things so women can suffer another loss. So they can laugh at the “libtards” who want to see a white Christian male experience SOME repercussions for what he did.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12845
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm

The fact that 'libtard' and -anti-SJW' terms that exists is so disappointing.

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Char Aznable » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote:
Yeah it’s ridiculous how many excuses the pro-Vic crowd comes up with.

It’s not about having evidence. They just don’t want to deal with the fact that some overrated dub voice actor they hero worship is a shitty person.

“I like his work on FMA and he was nice to me...a dude...and signed my autograph and took the pictures with me that he was paid for”


From what I’ve also seen on Twitter a lot of people who have taken up in defense of Vic are people who are anti SJW and think this is some attack on white conservative men. These are not good people and these are the type of people who are making this trolling click bait YouTube videos that people keep linking to on here.


I mean Vic’s fanbase was largely composed of teenage fan girls and while you see some big fans of Vic’s coming to his defense to I think a lot of these people coming to his defense may have ulterior motives and may not even care about Vic. Unfortunately people who want to believe in Vic are easily swayed by these type of anti SJW YouTube videos about fake evidence etc.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees this. It’s very naive to assume all of Vic’s defenders are kids who are upset that their fav voice actor won’t be playing his memorable roles for the foreseeable. No, the poster trying to get that Facebook group to manufacture evidence so he looks more guilty? They know EXACTLY what they’re doing. They don’t give a shit about justice. Hell they probably aren’t really anime fans. They just want to throw a monkey wrench into things so women can suffer another loss. So they can laugh at the “libtards” who want to see a white Christian male experience SOME repercussions for what he did.
I watched a few of the 'Stand with Vic' videos because I like to take in both sides of the argument even if I disagree with it, but there's one general theme that always comes up in just about all of these videos (not just Mignogna ones) that just flat-out eliminates any semblance of credibility that may exist and instead serve to piss me off: oh no, it's the left! The left did this! This is entirely because of the left! The boogeyman left. It can have nothing to do with politics at all and still it's 'This is all because of the left!'

I just roll my eyes and move on.

User avatar
XanatosVanBadass
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Char Aznable wrote:I watched a few of the 'Stand with Vic' videos because I like to take in both sides of the argument even if I disagree with it, but there's one general theme that always comes up in just about all of these videos (not just Mignogna ones) that just flat-out eliminates any semblance of credibility that may exist and instead serve to piss me off: oh no, it's the left! The left did this! This is entirely because of the left! The boogeyman left. It can have nothing to do with politics at all and still it's 'This is all because of the left!'

I just roll my eyes and move on.
Mostly agree, but to be fair everything in RL is political in a sense. I personally hate the “it’s not about politics it’s about human beings!” So. . . It IS about politics then? You can’t say genuinely that the Vic Mignogna controversy isn’t at its heart about trying to put the feelings of a white male pseudo celebrity over the women he’s made to feel uncomfortable.

Frankly, whenever someone says “let’s not make this political” in a work of fiction or anywhere, what they’re really saying is “don’t talk about certain views that make me uncomfortable.” I wish people would drop the pretense. If someone says something about the liberal agenda setting their sights on poor Vic, reply that YES! I do have an agenda to make sure Vic can’t pull this shit with anyone else! If that’s a leftist agenda, what does that say about you?!

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Char Aznable » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Char Aznable wrote:I watched a few of the 'Stand with Vic' videos because I like to take in both sides of the argument even if I disagree with it, but there's one general theme that always comes up in just about all of these videos (not just Mignogna ones) that just flat-out eliminates any semblance of credibility that may exist and instead serve to piss me off: oh no, it's the left! The left did this! This is entirely because of the left! The boogeyman left. It can have nothing to do with politics at all and still it's 'This is all because of the left!'

I just roll my eyes and move on.
Mostly agree, but to be fair everything in RL is political in a sense. I personally hate the “it’s not about politics it’s about human beings!” So. . . It IS about politics then? You can’t say genuinely that the Vic Mignogna controversy isn’t at its heart about trying to put the feelings of a white male pseudo celebrity over the women he’s made to feel uncomfortable.

Frankly, whenever someone says “let’s not make this political” in a work of fiction or anywhere, what they’re really saying is “don’t talk about certain views that make me uncomfortable.” I wish people would drop the pretense. If someone says something about the liberal agenda setting their sights on poor Vic, reply that YES! I do have an agenda to make sure Vic can’t pull this shit with anyone else! If that’s a leftist agenda, what does that say about you?!
Oh this was political from the beginning due to the nature of the story, there are just times when someone will blame liberals for just about any remote minor inconvenience. There could be a news story about let's say a certain item will be discontinued because of complaints and in today's climate you know that someone will comment something akin to 'Oh wow now we can't have this, THANKS THE LEFT.' It's ridiculous and my eyes hurt from rolling so much.

This however is unfortunately political from the beginning, and people are starting to tie this event into some kind of larger 'AnimeGate' which is silly. No, the guy did some weird shit with underage fans and now he's paying for it. Maybe he didn't mean for it to be sexual, but like I said before - come on man, these are fans and many under 18, you can't be doing some of that stuff like the cheek-kissing and caressing just automatically to everybody, come on now, it's common sense.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: oak park heights
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:51 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Frankly, whenever someone says “let’s not make this political” in a work of fiction or anywhere, what they’re really saying is “don’t talk about certain views that make me uncomfortable.” I wish people would drop the pretense. If someone says something about the liberal agenda setting their sights on poor Vic, reply that YES! I do have an agenda to make sure Vic can’t pull this shit with anyone else! If that’s a leftist agenda, what does that say about you?!
a lot in my experience it also means, "don't talk about politics cus it'll make me expose my shitty views", lol.
nonbinary, they/them

i have severe anxiety, if i don't respond to you it's likely that i had a anxiety attack and wasn't able to.

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Char Aznable » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Frankly, whenever someone says “let’s not make this political” in a work of fiction or anywhere, what they’re really saying is “don’t talk about certain views that make me uncomfortable.” I wish people would drop the pretense. If someone says something about the liberal agenda setting their sights on poor Vic, reply that YES! I do have an agenda to make sure Vic can’t pull this shit with anyone else! If that’s a leftist agenda, what does that say about you?!
a lot in my experience it also means, "don't talk about politics cus it'll make me expose my shitty views", lol.
- "Hey, did you know that shoplifting is a bad thing to do?"
- "Now hold on, let's not make this all political now dude."

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Char Aznable wrote:Oh this was political from the beginning due to the nature of the story, there are just times when someone will blame liberals for just about any remote minor inconvenience. There could be a news story about let's say a certain item will be discontinued because of complaints and in today's climate you know that someone will comment something akin to 'Oh wow now we can't have this, THANKS THE LEFT.' It's ridiculous and my eyes hurt from rolling so much.
The whole left and right is just one big monopoly that supporters of those political sides are being toyed with without realizing or knowing. But hey, democracy is great, right? Remember, these are the people voting for who's the next president and what have you.

You wouldn't give a kid the keys of your car or a gun but adults are allowed to vote regardless if they actually understand it or have the studies to do so. I personally don't vote because it's all a bunch of crap that leads to shit either way.

Whatever the case of left or right nonsense, Vic Mignogna doesn't deserve the hate he's getting. If he committed suicide, users on Twitter and Facebook would probably be pleased with it.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2665
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: oak park heights
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 pm

fuck it, anprim gang
nonbinary, they/them

i have severe anxiety, if i don't respond to you it's likely that i had a anxiety attack and wasn't able to.

Post Reply