Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
I'm sorry, but it's kinda disrespectful comparing such a horrible thing as the holocaust, that killed millions of people and affected the entire world, with something like those Vic Mignogna's misadventures.
No it isn't, because the bullshit logic being used here is precisely the same as that used by Holocaust deniers.

If he has a problem having something in common with those people, maybe he needs to reevaluate his own shit.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Wow. The Holocaust. Are you really going there? Talking to someone who was born in Germany and spent a good portion of my life there if it was real? You are being utter peice of human garabage right now, you realize that?
Then maybe you should recognize a fucking garbage take when it comes out of your own ignorant ass mouth, shouldn't you?
For what exactly?

For taking a neutral stance?

For not believing everything on the internet?

Waiting for Hard facts?

Not wanting anything to do with a sack a garabe like you that treats the Holocaust as something so casual like you?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:32 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
excelhedge wrote:And how many of these accounts can be actually proven? Sorry I belive in cold hard facts. Anyone can make up a story on the internet.

If was to make a 2nd account on the forum and posted vic touched me would you even know if it was true? Would you even suspect that account and this one was made by the same person.
lol do you take this stance on everything in your life

"How do you KNOW the Holocaust actually happened? The Jews could've easily forged those tens of thousands of Nazi documents proving the trafficking of those people."
I'm sorry, but it's kinda disrespectful comparing such a horrible thing as the holocaust, that killed millions of people and affected the entire world, with something like those Vic Mignogna's misadventures.
It's not a comparison of the events themselves, it's comparing the logic used to deny the event's existence.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:34 pm

excelhedge wrote:
Waiting for Hard facts?
?

Can you like, I dunno, elaborate on the kind of hard facts you expect to see?

If someone comes up to you and gropes on your ass without your consent what exactly hard evidence are you gonna to have to prove that?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:35 pm

excelhedge wrote:Not wanting anything to do with a sack a garabe like you that treats the Holocaust as something so casual like you?
excelhedge wrote:Not wanting anything to do with a sack a garabe like you that treats sexual assault as something so casual like you?
Pretty easy turnaround.
Special Beam Cannon!

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Being honest, most of the accusations seems to be true, even Vic know that and apologized in a recent video. But what happened with Monica Rial in the last two days made me to think again in some of the points that were thrown in the entire discussion.

Anyway, I don't see how Vic's misadventures are now related to Dragon Ball franchise. Now that he is fired from Funimation, there is not so much more to talk about it.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
excelhedge wrote:Not wanting anything to do with a sack a garabe like you that treats the Holocaust as something so casual like you?
excelhedge wrote:Not wanting anything to do with a sack a garabe like you that treats sexual assault as something so casual like you?
Pretty easy turnaround.
I never once brought up sexual assualt you sack of crap. Nor do it Treat it or the Holocaust like a joke, unlike you.
MasenkoHA wrote:
excelhedge wrote:
Waiting for Hard facts?
?

Can you like, I dunno, elaborate on the kind of hard facts you expect to see?

If someone comes up to you and gropes on your ass without your consent what exactly hard evidence are you gonna to have to prove that?

As I already said in this
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43529&start=1000#p1579964

I kinda find it hard to believe that this has gone on for 10+ years with no video or audio evidence of him doing anything sexual to fans. Not saying it didn't happen just find it hard to believe. And I sorry I don't believe Mob Twitter accounts or every random internet testimony without proof.

Still can't ignore that fact the we only know the Vic that we see in conventions and he could entirely different behind the scenes and all the hate he's gotten is well warrented. Otherwise a lot of industry insiders wouldn't against him.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:54 pm

Do you not know about the ban wave a few pages ago or do you just not care?

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:57 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Do you not know about the ban wave a few pages ago or do you just not care?
No i don't.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:58 pm

To be fair we could still discuss who we’d like to see as his replacement. I personally nominate Christopher Plummer.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:00 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
excelhedge wrote:And how many of these accounts can be actually proven? Sorry I belive in cold hard facts. Anyone can make up a story on the internet.

If was to make a 2nd account on the forum and posted vic touched me would you even know if it was true? Would you even suspect that account and this one was made by the same person.

"How do you KNOW the Holocaust actually happened? The Jews could've easily forged those tens of thousands of Nazi documents proving the trafficking of those people."
I love how you downplay sexual assault an abuse over sixteen years as 'misadventures' so you can shame the defenders of victims as being fringe loonatics.

By which I mean: go fuck yourself.

--Julie
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:06 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:To be fair we could still discuss who we’d like to see as his replacement. I personally nominate Christopher Plummer.
The thing about Broly is that the voice could be really easy to replace, his dub voice always sounded kind of generic to me, it was never exactly distinctive. At times I couldn't even tell it was him, unlike his other work where you can tell right away. Getting a new Broly voice for the dub should be pretty easy to accomplish, because he's definitely coming back in Super 2, I think it's pretty obvious.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:20 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:

I love how you downplay sexual assault an abuse over sixteen years as 'misadventures' so you can shame the defenders of victims as being fringe loonatics.

By which I mean: go fuck yourself.

--Julie
I saw another thread in another Forum a few days ago calling the entire situation as "misadventures", I remembered it and that is the reason I used that expression. And the thread itself didn't downplayed anything Vic did. Saying I'm downplaying something because of that is just a wrong interpretation of yours, and not what I'm really doing.
But, if this expression offends you, I'm sorry, but that never was my intention.

Also, telling me to fuck myself is really rude and unnecessary of your part.

Char Aznable wrote:
XanatosVanBadass wrote:To be fair we could still discuss who we’d like to see as his replacement. I personally nominate Christopher Plummer.
The thing about Broly is that the voice could be really easy to replace, his dub voice always sounded kind of generic to me, it was never exactly distinctive. At times I couldn't even tell it was him, unlike his other work where you can tell right away. Getting a new Broly voice for the dub should be pretty easy to accomplish, because he's definitely coming back in Super 2, I think it's pretty obvious.
Christopher Plummer doesn't see to be an anime voice actor. It would be really hard to get him.
But yeah, it seems to be an easy replacement, since Broly doesn't speak so much.
Someone who can just do good screaming is already sufficient.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm

excelhedge wrote:I never once brought up sexual assualt you sack of crap. Nor do it Treat it or the Holocaust like a joke, unlike you..
Wow, I think I've discovered the problem.

You literally don't know what the subject of this thread is.
Special Beam Cannon!

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:33 pm

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I have this to say

Anyone accusing these women of making false allegations should post evidence indicating such, otherwise they are scumbags

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
excelhedge wrote:I never once brought up sexual assualt you sack of crap. Nor do it Treat it or the Holocaust like a joke, unlike you..
Wow, I think I've discovered the problem.

You literally don't know what the subject of this thread is.
You got a problem cuz last I checked there were no outright claims of sexual assualt or actual proof there was. Prove me wrong.

All we have to go on are Funimation staff saying he harrassed them in some way, if he actually did.

To what degree was never outright said or proven outside of Funimation's own investigation, which we will never know unless it is taken to a court of law.

Either put up or shut up. If you have undeniable proof Vic actually sexually assaulted someone show it.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:49 pm

excelhedge wrote:You got a problem cuz last I checked there were no outright claims of sexual assualt
wtf
or actual proof there was.
Ah yes, I see your answer to MasenkoHA's question where you expect women to walk around with Russian dashcams strapped to themselves on the chance that they get sexually assaulted, because you still seem to believe in a conspiracy where dozens of women got together to make up rumors about a guy for no reason and for no benefit over the course of more than a decade.
Special Beam Cannon!

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
excelhedge wrote:You got a problem cuz last I checked there were no outright claims of sexual assualt
wtf
Ah yes, I see your answer to MasenkoHA's question where you expect women to walk around with Russian dashcams strapped to themselves on the chance that they get sexually assaulted, because you still seem to believe in a conspiracy where dozens of women got together to make up rumors about a guy for no reason and for no benefit over the course of more than a decade.
Wow. You astound me with how absurd and overdramatic you are! First you bring up the Holocaust and now this? Instead of actually provinding proof?

Come back when you can actually think with logic and have an actual conversation or provide proof instead of trolling and trying to fan the flames of a already sensitive topic.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm

"It's a sensitive topic."

"MAYBE ALL THESE WOMEN ARE LIARS"

Pick one.
Special Beam Cannon!

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:19 pm

excelhedge wrote:
Cursed Lemon wrote:
wtf
Wow. You astound me with how absurd and overdramatic you are! First you bring up the Holocaust and now this? Instead of actually provinding proof?

Come back when you can actually think with logic and have an actual conversation or provide proof instead of trolling and trying to fan the flames of a already sensitive topic.
There are plenty of links out there. Even in this thread. They’re a tad more credible than click baiting YouTube videos, but maybe we should keep this simple for you. Putting aside his fans that have accused him, why would staff and fellow VAs have a reason to lie about this? If they are lying they’re putting themselves in a spectacular position to get sued. Answer me that.