Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Can't say I can side with Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial. They both wouldn't shut the fuck up. They're just making things worse.
This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
Can I ask you something.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:22 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Some forces do that. I remember accidentally pressing the emergency number on my phone, hung it up, and then they called me back to ask if anything was wrong before the police came over. Different, but it can happen.
He'd also already been in contact with law enforcement after the fake swat, which I'm pretty sure he said before.

Also, y'know, lying about it twice would be kind of fucking dumb when the people who have worked with Vic are the ones being watched the closest, and he was already talking about the mental health of the person who DID lie being kind of unstable and maybe in need of professional help, by the sound of it.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:24 pm

tinlunlau wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Can't say I can side with Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial. They both wouldn't shut the fuck up. They're just making things worse.
This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
Have you read any of Jamie Marchi's tweets? Most of her comments are vile and disgusting. At least, Vic showed class.

It’s so hilarious how her being angry because he sexually assaulted her is worse than him sexually assaulting her.

He said some nice words on Twitter. Big Deal! It’s like besides the sexual assault claims you don’t hear all the stories of him being horrible to Con Staff. Literally throwing tantrums because he didn’t get his way. Or telling his fans to defend him at cons and on his fanclub site.

But because Jamie made some angry and sarcastic tweets she is worse.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:31 pm

BlueChi wrote:
Shaddy wrote:The FIRST swatting incident was fake. After Schemmel posted about it on twitter someone tried to swat him for real.

They were actually in the clear for once and ended up ruining it for themselves anyway.
Schemmel might be bullshitting on that front. In the gaming community a lot of people get SWAT-ted and not one of them is warned beforehand. Which makes complete sense if they see you as potential threat. Why would the force warn you of their operation before they do it?
Here's the thing though - they probably SHOULD put some effort into checking things out before just rushing in guns blazing. Like, I get that the idea of a SWAT thing is that they are the 'GO, GO, GO!' guys, intended to stop shit IMMEDIATELY when it goes down. But we unfortunately live in a world where that might not always be the appropriate response, and fake SWAT calls are the very proof of that in it's essence.

Anyway, io9's gizmodo has reported on it now, and has a good chunk of new info (at least, stuff I hadn't seen yet anyway) and statements in regards to the situation from various people (most of them reporting under false names, which makes me think all the more that something legal is happening behind the scenes, whether that's Vic seeking libel charges, other people attempting to press charges for what he's done, or both). Of particular interest, I think this is the first statement I've seen put out by Michele Specht, Vic's former fiance.
"My 12-year relationship [and] engagement to Vic Mignogna ended in May 2018. Very soon after, information about Vic’s previously unknown behavior began to surface, and has continued to do so over the last several months—each revelation more shocking and painful than the previous, spanning the entirety of our time together. I have had to face the reality that the loving, monogamous relationship I believed in and was devoted to never existed.

This pattern of egregious behavior is so linked to his position of power that the voices of those stepping forward with allegations need to be heard clearly, and their claims taken with the utmost seriousness. And I extend whatever remains of my broken heart to every one of them."
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Young-Jah wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Can I ask you something.
Yeah, of course. You don't have to ask him for permission for that.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
Can I ask you something.
Yeah, of course. You don't have to ask him for permission for that.
Do Sonic Team and Sega know about this allegations made against Mignogna (since he currently plays the voice role as E-123 Omega in the Sonic Series), and they might have to remove him from the role and replace him with a different voice actor?

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Oh yeah, I'm sure Sonic Team and Sega know - pretty much the entire anime and videogame world knows by this point, this has been a highly publicized case. I'm not sure whether they plan to boot him, though.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 pm

You've asked that three times already and nobody knew the answer then, asking someone specifically is not going to change anything. It's even been discussed here before, read the back pages of the thread.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Shaddy wrote:You've asked that three times already and nobody knew the answer then, asking someone specifically is not going to change anything. It's even been discussed here before, read the back pages of the thread.
Well, I didn't get one reply man, that's why I get upset when people don't reply back or ignore my comments.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Young-Jah wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Can I ask you something.
Be aware, he's the owner of this forum.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 pm

tinlunlau wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Have you read any of Jamie Marchi's tweets? Most of her comments are vile and disgusting. At least, Vic showed class.
Are you fucking kidding me?

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Young-Jah wrote:
Shaddy wrote:You've asked that three times already and nobody knew the answer then, asking someone specifically is not going to change anything. It's even been discussed here before, read the back pages of the thread.
Well, I didn't get one reply man, that's why I get upset when people don't reply back or ignore my comments.
If people aren't replying to your questions, then in all likelihood they don't know or aren't interested in answering. Find another avenue to try and get that answer. If you want a question about Sonic answered, maybe try a Sonic forum?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 pm

If there were considerations about recasting Vic Mignogna ahead of the film’s dubbing, that certainly would explain why it took them so long to confirm him for the dub, and why Chris Sabat did the stock sounds for him in the initial trailer.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:
If people aren't replying to your questions, then in all likelihood they don't know or aren't interested in answering. Find another avenue to try and get that answer. If you want a question about Sonic answered, maybe try a Sonic forum?
I can't.
Neither of those won't allow me.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: This is yet another extremely disappointing, awful viewpoint and yet again goes back to the seemingly-never-ending explanation of why assault/abuse victims don't always report.
Can I ask you something.
Be aware, he's the owner of this forum.
I know that

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Oh yeah, I'm sure Sonic Team and Sega know - pretty much the entire anime and videogame world knows by this point, this has been a highly publicized case. I'm not sure whether they plan to boot him, though.
Why do you think Sega won't boot him.

Broly深蓝

Post by Broly深蓝 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 pm

I mean

https://mobile.twitter.com/GhostShellZe ... 0339710979

Tweets like this and her herself saying

https://mobile.twitter.com/marchimark/s ... 3927104512

What is going on with these VAs is what I want to know

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:43 pm

I find the timing and how that person posted very suspicious.We will see.

If a court case comes up against Jamie I’ll eat my words.

Yeah it’s pretty obviously someone just trying to stir up Trouble https://twitter.com/urbanvalkyrie/statu ... 55392?s=21
Last edited by Kinokima on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Broly深蓝

Post by Broly深蓝 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Kinokima wrote:I find the timing and how that person posted very suspicious.We will see.

If a court case comes up against Jamie I’ll eat my words.
Yeah the timing is certainly strange

I have no sides here, but I am perhaps curious what is going on with these VAs.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Looks to me like a shit poster edgelord trying to “prove a point”. Nothing is going to come of this.