Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:43 am

Yelling and screaming got us the American Revolution, Woman's Suffrage, the New Deal, The Great Society, Medicare, the Civil Right's Act, Same-Sex Marriage and it will get us the systemic upheaval needed to end the sexual abuse of women.

--Julie
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:49 am

Unrelated, why do you sign your name at the bottom of posts like that? Isn't that why most forums have a sig function in the first place? Do other people use your account?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:57 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:49 am Unrelated, why do you sign your name at the bottom of posts like that? Isn't that why most forums have a sig function in the first place? Do other people use your account?
Well most people use their signature to give bio information like Julie does, or to put in their favourite quotes, or even show what their DB canon is. The term itself is a bit of an artifact title at this point, so signing them off I feel gets back to the spirit of a signature and makes the message feel more personal, like a letter.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:58 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:49 am Unrelated, why do you sign your name at the bottom of posts like that? Isn't that why most forums have a sig function in the first place? Do other people use your account?
Naw, I was doing it until my username got changed...but it's changed now, so I guess I should stop doing it.

--Julie, Empress of the Holy Estradiol Empire, First of Her Name and Mother of Catgirls
She/Her
bisexual milf

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:00 am

Not to play moderator; but is there any reason for this thread to still be going? It's turned into a complete shit show and you're all not even talking about Vic Mignogna (who's not even involved with Dragon Ball now) anymore. I've seen way tamer threads get locked on this forum.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:07 am

Eh, I think it's fine. I've seen threads far worst then this... this at least involves most of it's users using proper punctuation, grammar, and properly constructed arguments.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:09 am

ringworm128 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:00 am Not to play moderator; but is there any reason for this thread to still be going? It's turned into a complete shit show and you're all not even talking about Vic Mignogna (who's not even involved with Dragon Ball now) anymore. I've seen way tamer threads get locked on this forum.
Mike has said that he's keeping this thread open because it's a good thread and important for the community.

Besides, advancing progressive agendas is always a good thing.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:11 am

I don't understand what's supposedly such a "mess" about this thread in the first place. The Micheal Jackson discussion is certainly a bit off-topic, but for the most part there hasn't been any major shit-flinging, and what has was shut down almost immediately. I feel like that complaint just comes from a place of not wanting other people to talk or think about it anymore, when the allegations against him are an ongoing issue, he's planning on pursuing legal action (good fucking luck, the prick), and the constant harassment of the victims is still happening.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:28 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:11 amfor the most part there hasn't been any major shit-flinging, and what has was shut down almost immediately.
I dunno, I feel like I've had to duck just checking in here most of the time.

As Mike alluded to earlier, Vic being fired is far from the end of the story. Will he be kept for the home/streaming release of DBS Broly? If so, will a patch come out to replace him in FighterZ? What about other future releases like a potential English release of the Toei-Remastered movies? WHO would replace his role anyway? What if he finds work at another studio? Will he be spotted at a con he was supposed to attend a panel for? So much stuff there.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 am

Shaddy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:11 am I feel like that complaint just comes from a place of not wanting other people to talk or think about it anymore, when the allegations against him are an ongoing issue, he's planning on pursuing legal action (good fucking luck, the prick), and the constant harassment of the victims is still happening.
...The heck is he planning to do, anyway? Get his job back, at a place where everyone hates him? Sue FUNimation, for firing him after a company investigation? Sue Monica & others for libel, when they weren't even the ones who started all these allegations? Or maybe just scare people into submission, hoping that the threat of legal action will cause them to back down?

I mean, what can he even do, besides complain about people being mean to him?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:34 am

Does anyone know who will replace Mignogna as Broly's English voice? Whoever does it may have some serious shoes to fill IMO.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:48 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:30 am
Shaddy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:11 am I feel like that complaint just comes from a place of not wanting other people to talk or think about it anymore, when the allegations against him are an ongoing issue, he's planning on pursuing legal action (good fucking luck, the prick), and the constant harassment of the victims is still happening.
...The heck is he planning to do, anyway? Get his job back, at a place where everyone hates him? Sue FUNimation, for firing him after a company investigation? Sue Monica & others for libel, when they weren't even the ones who started all these allegations? Or maybe just scare people into submission, hoping that the threat of legal action will cause them to back down?

I mean, what can he even do, besides complain about people being mean to him?
I guess as far as anyone knows technically I think Mignogna could sue ANN for the misleading article they had posted. And Funimation despite their contract with him could although its not guarantereed get in trouble for removing his work from their past products, a possibly bias investigation which lead to his dissmisal and violating any potential rights around confidential information reguarding why the individual was removed in a public setting. At least I think those are possible if the information I'm workng with is still valid from however many years ago. Meanwhile according to what people are talking about now some of that could translate to financial discussion based on reputational damage. - This section right here I've never seem done but I guess its possible.
Last edited by Son Dragon on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:34 am Does anyone know who will replace Mignogna as Broly's English voice? Whoever does it may have some serious shoes to fill IMO.
Meh, all they really need is a guy who can yell

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:52 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:34 am Does anyone know who will replace Mignogna as Broly's English voice? Whoever does it may have some serious shoes to fill IMO.
Chris Sabat it's always the Sabat. The man just know how it goes and knows what to do and can always do the do

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:00 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:43 am Yelling and screaming got us the American Revolution, Woman's Suffrage, the New Deal, The Great Society, Medicare, the Civil Right's Act, Same-Sex Marriage and it will get us the systemic upheaval needed to end the sexual abuse of women.

--Julie
The protests that were did to achieve those causes weren't just "yelling and screaming". There were arguments, there was a debate about these questions too. Also, even some people took some guns with their hands in some of these cases, like the american revolution.

Just "Yelling and screaming" is what happens today in Twitter and internet in general.

Anyway, Vic was already fired from most of the companies he worked before, and the court was already put into the game.
We will know more about it sooner.
There is no information about it until now.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure whoever they are, they'll be feeling the exact same pressure George Lazenby felt. Or Julianne Moore when she replaced Jodie Foster that one time.

(But to answer your question, no, no news yet on a new English Broli. Part of me is wondering if this is why the Broli/Gogeta FighterZ DLC is taking so long to release - the previous downloadable characters came out like clockwork every month.)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:18 pm

I have to disagree vehemently. His speaking voice is a bit generic and the man can't scream. Compare his scream to Bin Shimada's and it's kind of pathetic; it sounds thin and digitally enhanced. They should prioritize "screaming ability" this time.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pmPart of me is wondering if this is why the Broli/Gogeta FighterZ DLC is taking so long to release - the previous downloadable characters came out like clockwork every month.
Nah, that's got nothing to do with anything regarding this Mignogna stuff. It was already announced last month that the release schedule for season 2 is going to be a whooooole lot slower than season 1's, and going forward they'll only be dropping one character at a time instead of two.

As of now, the FighterZ DLC release schedule is:

Broli (DB Super): May 31st
Gogeta (SSJ Blue): July 31st
DLC Fighter 3: September 30th
DLC Fighter 4: November 30th

Pretty excruciatingly slow drip-drop release schedule if you ask me. :eh: :problem:
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:24 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:59 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure whoever they are, they'll be feeling the exact same pressure George Lazenby felt. Or Julianne Moore when she replaced Jodie Foster that one time.

(But to answer your question, no, no news yet on a new English Broli. Part of me is wondering if this is why the Broli/Gogeta FighterZ DLC is taking so long to release - the previous downloadable characters came out like clockwork every month.)
To be fair to Julianne Moore, the issue wasn't her acting ability, it was the story. Foster couldn't have done any better. But point taken. Even if I liked Mignogna's performances, he's not remotely close to "serious shoes". He'll be replaced and FUNi won't skip a beat.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Broly spends most of Super Broly grunting and screaming.

As long as they can get some dude who can do passable voice acting it won’t be hard to replace him.

They’re not big shoes to fill.

We’re not talking “Let’s replace Robin Williams as the Genie with Homer Simpson or Will Smith” here.