Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Kunzait_83
I Live Here
Posts: 2792
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:51 am

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:30 am
The bubble is absolutely a big thing at the centre of a lot of all this. I grew up in a white middle class family myself where I was heavily sheltered and generally prevented from seeing the world as it really is. When I was very young, I saw the world as very black and white, right and wrong sort of deal. But as I grew, I came to realise that wasn't the case and I knew there was more to things than what I was seeing despite being kept away from it. For many years, I had the privilege of presenting as a cisgender heterosexual man, this changed when I came to terms with the fact I was actually a transgender lesbian woman and got violently disowned by my mother.

While I don't regret my transition, I do lament some of the privilege it has cost me. The world isn't always a kind place to minorities. Most people I interact with are great, but there have absolutely been a few shitty experiences I've had that wouldn't have happened to a cishet white male. The idea that "I don't see this problem, therefore it doesn't exist." is a shitty position to have, which seems to be the angle a lot of Vic supporters seem to have. "If sexual harassment is so common, why haven't I seen evidence?" Because the people who do this shit are covert about it and you're not the kind of person it happens to.
Bingo.

Anyone who's dumb enough and sheltered enough to think that prejudice, bigotry, and oppression against minorities are either exaggerated or a thing of the past should take a peek inside a great many homes where a child comes out as gay or trans to their family, and get a load of the reactions and the harrowing, life-upending fallout that can often ensue.

Or listen to "the talk" that a lot of black families have for long many years had to have with their kids: no, NOT "the talk" about sex. "The talk" that black parents have to have with their kids about the police, and how when you're black they are NOT always your friend or the people whom you can trust to keep you safe, and may be a very real threat to the child's life under the right circumstances.

And bear in mind: its ALWAYS been like this for MOST of these people, even up through right now and throughout the most recent of years. This stuff HAS NEVER gone away and have CONTINUED ON largely unimpeded throughout lo these many decades as serious issues that threaten the lives and well being of certain groups of people. Just like sexual assault does most women.

Most of the idiots spewing the absurd, asinine bullshit about rape and sexual assault in the wake of every MeToo scandal are people who usually have ZERO earthly fucking idea what so many rape and sexual assault victims are actually put through by both the system and society at large: or in rarer few cases are within the margin of rape/sexual assault victims who are at least lucky enough to be believed and have their case taken seriously from the getgo - which is sadly FAR more uncommon than it ought to be - and myopically assume that its the same for everyone else who's been a victim as well, and that if you're a victim who ISN'T being believed then surely there HAS to be something fishy about your story, right?

Once again, see the Just World Fallacy.

Absolutely there HAVE been massive improvements in various specific areas for all these massively crucial social ills throughout the years for sure, and no one's discounting that: but the idea that these are, or ever have been in ANY WAY "solved problems" is a total and outright fantasy and a lie that people are being deliberately fed in order to keep them ignorant, obedient, and resentful at precisely the wrong people and the wrong targets for their anger and their frustrations (many of which are certainly real and justified; just misdirected). Its a delusion that's being spread particularly within certain areas of this country (North America) even more strongly and more aggressively than it is in others: but its indeed certainly almost EVERYWHERE worldwide to one extent or another and is fairly widespread overall.

Once again, the keys to the heart of the issue here are The Bubble and its sheltering, comforting lies about the realities of the world, empathy for the suffering of others, and a willingness to listen to the experiences and perspectives of other people from different corners of life than yours and being open to the idea that the world DOESN'T treat everyone as universally the same as it has you and most of the people you know and are close to.

And if I hadn't said it before to you in this thread MS, let me say it to you now: I'm so, SO deeply sorry for what you had to go through with that kind of horrid experience. And I really hope that you're doing ok now. Absolute best of luck to you.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 am

ssj4 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 am
Monica cancelled her Kamehacon appearance. No surprise
Ashame for her fans but look she said she will do a signing near by for fans. If Vic was in anyway a good guy (which he obviously is not) he could have done the same. But no he had to be reinvited to the con just so he could stir up controversy.


It just shows what a jerk he and his lawyers are.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4737
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:46 am

Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 am
ssj4 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 am
Monica cancelled her Kamehacon appearance. No surprise
Ashame for her fans but look she said she will do a signing near by for fans. If Vic was in anyway a good guy (which he obviously is not) he could have done the same. But no he had to be reinvited to the con just so he could stir up controversy.


It just shows what a jerk he and his lawyers are.
Where was it stated that Vic asked to be reinvited, and to stir controversy?

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:52 am

KBABZ wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:46 am
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 am
ssj4 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 am
Monica cancelled her Kamehacon appearance. No surprise
Ashame for her fans but look she said she will do a signing near by for fans. If Vic was in anyway a good guy (which he obviously is not) he could have done the same. But no he had to be reinvited to the con just so he could stir up controversy.


It just shows what a jerk he and his lawyers are.
Where was it stated that Vic asked to be reinvited, and to stir controversy?


His lawyer friend made a big deal about Monica and Chris “harassing” Kameha Con to not invite him (note we don’t know if this is true just what Nick Reketia says) and lo and behold a day or so later he is invited .


You don’t think they knew they would get this reaction and controversy? Obviously Vic isn’t going to say I wanted to stir up controversy but he would have to be pretty dumb to not know what would happen.


Now if KameHa Con invited him suddenly on their own free will then that was pretty stupid of them. I guess it’s possible.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4737
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:17 am

Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:52 am
His lawyer friend made a big deal about Monica and Chris “harassing” Kameha Con to not invite him (note we don’t know if this is true just what Nick Reketia says) and lo and behold a day or so later he is invited.
I suspect what really happened is that Chris and Monica had an email exchange about it with Kameha Con, and Nick "Like Share and Subscribe" Reketia is using much more colourful language to paint the picture in his and Vic's favour.

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am

Ok I hesitate commenting here out of fear of getting banned but the whole devaluing of the youtube lawyer Nick Rekeita is a bit annoying. I get it, its blackface but that can't be used as a comeback for everything the guy has been doing. I've said it already it was a lame joke he wanted to do for a black friend. I've seen worse racial jokes made by comedians who clearly aren't racist. Now getting on his case for being a youtube lawyer, I do not get the issue with this, he's still a lawyer. He knows about the law more than anyone in this forum. Its incredibly annoying to see people question this man integrity as lawyer all because he's on Vic's side. And before anyone gets the wrong idea i'm black as well. Also just a question has anyone even atleast watched one of his videos?

And look I know the IstandwithVic crowd have their flaws but am I the only......scratch that I am the only one who find the KickVic side a lot more insufferable. Please me hear me out. What I don't like from that side as they come off pretty smug and a lot of them are jerks. I think people have hard "Believing Women/Victims" in this situation is because the people on the KickVic side have used pictures and videos of Vic with fans to try to prove a point of how much a "creepy pedo" he is and those people in those pictures and videos have to come out and tell them "Don't use my stuff to defame Vic". And the worst part of it is they don't apologize for doing it. Thats completely fucked up. And I don't like how they paint Vic's fanbase as a cult. Its a fandom. Fandoms defend what they love. The KKK is a cult. The Ministry of Darkness (for anyone who watches WWE) was a cult. The Risembool Rangers isn't even close to a cult.

Then there's the voice actor and i'm truly sorry but I can't defend their actions towards the situation. They all should've handled professionally. Monica tried to do that but failed completely. Her threatening to take twitter rando's to court by screenshotting their tweets. And no I looked through those tweets, most of them was questioning her statements rather than harassing her. Then there's Jamie Marchi, who really shot herself in the foot with her tweets (sorry those blackface lawyer hashtags don't help you in the slightest). She comes off as very jerkish and rather annoying in my opinion. I don't want anyone to think i'm victim blaming but I don't think this is how victims should act because if they act like this then people will have second guesses on them.


Ok last part. The notion Believe Victims/Women is in my opinion very flawed. The reason I believe Todd Haberkorn than I do Jessie Pridemore is because at least Todd has text messages from her wanting a relationship with him and it wasn't in anyway rape. The reason why I believe Johnny Depp than I do Amber Heard because Johnny had photos of his bruised eye and cut finger (that poor finger) and several witnesses saying that Amber was the true abuser. The problem with the testimonies is that just it testimonies. I know people here absolutely hate the "Show me evidence" argument but to me it does hold a lot of weight. Especially to the people who say "You don't deserve evidence". I'm sorry but when you're telling a story that will ultimately cost a man his reputation and livelihood, the least you can do not just rely on testimonies that may or may not be true. Again I wanna say this I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING. I'm just cautious and skeptical about the KickVic side and wanna point their flaws like people have pointed out the flaws of IStandWithVic side. Again I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 am

Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 am
ssj4 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 am
Monica cancelled her Kamehacon appearance. No surprise
Ashame for her fans but look she said she will do a signing near by for fans. If Vic was in anyway a good guy (which he obviously is not) he could have done the same. But no he had to be reinvited to the con just so he could stir up controversy.


It just shows what a jerk he and his lawyers are.
I don't think him or his lawyers were being jerks. From i've seen his lawyer and he is pretty down to earth. From what I see is that they negotiated his contract with the con and brought him. Monica and others leaving is their choice.
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

User avatar
MozillaVulpix
Regular
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:55 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am
Then there's the voice actor and i'm truly sorry but I can't defend their actions towards the situation. They all should've handled professionally. Monica tried to do that but failed completely. Her threatening to take twitter rando's to court by screenshotting their tweets. And no I looked through those tweets, most of them was questioning her statements rather than harassing her. Then there's Jamie Marchi, who really shot herself in the foot with her tweets (sorry those blackface lawyer hashtags don't help you in the slightest). She comes off as very jerkish and rather annoying in my opinion. I don't want anyone to think i'm victim blaming but I don't think this is how victims should act because if they act like this then people will have second guesses on them.
The issue with you presenting it like this is Monica and Jamie's actions are not in any conceivable way even close to the actions that Vic has even admitted taking. When you choose to back a sexual predator over the victim simply because "the victim was mean/stupid on social media when the predator was not", you're creating a very dangerous false equivalency, where any bit of scrutiny, no matter how small, can be used to invalidate a victim's own personal trauma. That's not your call to make under any circumstance.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:04 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 am
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 am
ssj4 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 am
Monica cancelled her Kamehacon appearance. No surprise
Ashame for her fans but look she said she will do a signing near by for fans. If Vic was in anyway a good guy (which he obviously is not) he could have done the same. But no he had to be reinvited to the con just so he could stir up controversy.


It just shows what a jerk he and his lawyers are.
I don't think him or his lawyers were being jerks. From i've seen his lawyer and he is pretty down to earth. From what I see is that they negotiated his contract with the con and brought him. Monica and others leaving is their choice.

Well I see how his lawyer friend reacts on Twitter and Social Media and I strongly disagree


He is definitely not down to Earth at all. The fact that he was temporarily banned from twitter twice should tell you exactly what type of person he is.

I am not questioning that he is a lawyer or even knows the law I am questioning if he acts in a professional capacity by stirring up controversy on social media.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:06 am

Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:04 am
The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 am
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 am


Ashame for her fans but look she said she will do a signing near by for fans. If Vic was in anyway a good guy (which he obviously is not) he could have done the same. But no he had to be reinvited to the con just so he could stir up controversy.


It just shows what a jerk he and his lawyers are.
I don't think him or his lawyers were being jerks. From i've seen his lawyer and he is pretty down to earth. From what I see is that they negotiated his contract with the con and brought him. Monica and others leaving is their choice.

Well I see how his lawyer friend reacts on Twitter and Social Media and I strongly disagree


He is definitely not down to Earth at all. The fact that he was temporarily banned from twitter twice should tell you exactly what type of person he is.
I'm not talking about Nick Rekieta. I'm talking about Ty Beard. His actual lawyer
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:10 am

MozillaVulpix wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:55 am
The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am
Then there's the voice actor and i'm truly sorry but I can't defend their actions towards the situation. They all should've handled professionally. Monica tried to do that but failed completely. Her threatening to take twitter rando's to court by screenshotting their tweets. And no I looked through those tweets, most of them was questioning her statements rather than harassing her. Then there's Jamie Marchi, who really shot herself in the foot with her tweets (sorry those blackface lawyer hashtags don't help you in the slightest). She comes off as very jerkish and rather annoying in my opinion. I don't want anyone to think i'm victim blaming but I don't think this is how victims should act because if they act like this then people will have second guesses on them.
The issue with you presenting it like this is Monica and Jamie's actions are not in any conceivable way even close to the actions that Vic has even admitted taking. When you choose to back a sexual predator over the victim simply because "the victim was mean/stupid on social media when the predator was not", you're creating a very dangerous false equivalency, where any bit of scrutiny, no matter how small, can be used to invalidate a victim's own personal trauma. That's not your call to make under any circumstance.
I do take their stories with a grain of salt. Attitude aside
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:11 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:06 am
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:04 am
The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 am

I don't think him or his lawyers were being jerks. From i've seen his lawyer and he is pretty down to earth. From what I see is that they negotiated his contract with the con and brought him. Monica and others leaving is their choice.

Well I see how his lawyer friend reacts on Twitter and Social Media and I strongly disagree


He is definitely not down to Earth at all. The fact that he was temporarily banned from twitter twice should tell you exactly what type of person he is.
I'm not talking about Nick Rekieta. I'm talking about Ty Beard. His actual lawyer
Well his actual lawyer as far as I am aware isn’t on twitter.


But Nick Reketia may not be the lawyer representing him in this case but he is his friend and is stirring up controversy on his behalf . He was also the one that started that Go Fund Me Account. And he’s the one that spread that Monica & Chris “harrased” Kameha Con.

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 am

Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:11 am
The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:06 am
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:04 am



Well I see how his lawyer friend reacts on Twitter and Social Media and I strongly disagree


He is definitely not down to Earth at all. The fact that he was temporarily banned from twitter twice should tell you exactly what type of person he is.
I'm not talking about Nick Rekieta. I'm talking about Ty Beard. His actual lawyer
Well his actual lawyer as far as I am aware isn’t on twitter.


But Nick Reketia may not be the lawyer representing him in this case but he is his friend and is stirring up controversy on his behalf . He was also the one that started that Go Fund Me Account. And he’s the one that spread that Monica & Chris “harrased” Kameha Con.
Well his lawyer actually is on twitter but he does he's made like 3 tweets. 2 of those relate to the Vic situation
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1397
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:21 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 am
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:11 am
The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:06 am

I'm not talking about Nick Rekieta. I'm talking about Ty Beard. His actual lawyer
Well his actual lawyer as far as I am aware isn’t on twitter.


But Nick Reketia may not be the lawyer representing him in this case but he is his friend and is stirring up controversy on his behalf . He was also the one that started that Go Fund Me Account. And he’s the one that spread that Monica & Chris “harrased” Kameha Con.
Well his lawyer actually is on twitter but he does he's made like 3 tweets. 2 of those relate to the Vic situation
Well I watched some of him with Nick Reketia on his YouTube channel and he seems like an idiot too. The type that Vic’s ardent supporters would eat up.

Talking about witch trials and uncorroborated evidence (not true actually). Again the guy was let go because of an internal investigation at Funimation. He wasn’t put on trial because he wasn’t arrested. You can be let go from a job anytime you don’t need a trial.

Just because someone is a lawyer doesn’t mean they are a good person.


Oh and apparently because he cried crocodile tears and apologized that should have been enough to appease all of Vic’s victims according to this oh so brilliant lawyer.

I guess Nick Reketia and Ty Beard are enjoying all the attention they are getting from Internet nerds over this.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kataphrut
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am
Ok I hesitate commenting here out of fear of getting banned but the whole devaluing of the youtube lawyer Nick Rekeita is a bit annoying. I get it, its blackface but that can't be used as a comeback for everything the guy has been doing. I've said it already it was a lame joke he wanted to do for a black friend. I've seen worse racial jokes made by comedians who clearly aren't racist. Now getting on his case for being a youtube lawyer, I do not get the issue with this, he's still a lawyer. He knows about the law more than anyone in this forum. Its incredibly annoying to see people question this man integrity as lawyer all because he's on Vic's side. And before anyone gets the wrong idea i'm black as well. Also just a question has anyone even atleast watched one of his videos?

And look I know the IstandwithVic crowd have their flaws but am I the only......scratch that I am the only one who find the KickVic side a lot more insufferable. Please me hear me out. What I don't like from that side as they come off pretty smug and a lot of them are jerks. I think people have hard "Believing Women/Victims" in this situation is because the people on the KickVic side have used pictures and videos of Vic with fans to try to prove a point of how much a "creepy pedo" he is and those people in those pictures and videos have to come out and tell them "Don't use my stuff to defame Vic". And the worst part of it is they don't apologize for doing it. Thats completely fucked up. And I don't like how they paint Vic's fanbase as a cult. Its a fandom. Fandoms defend what they love. The KKK is a cult. The Ministry of Darkness (for anyone who watches WWE) was a cult. The Risembool Rangers isn't even close to a cult.

Then there's the voice actor and i'm truly sorry but I can't defend their actions towards the situation. They all should've handled professionally. Monica tried to do that but failed completely. Her threatening to take twitter rando's to court by screenshotting their tweets. And no I looked through those tweets, most of them was questioning her statements rather than harassing her. Then there's Jamie Marchi, who really shot herself in the foot with her tweets (sorry those blackface lawyer hashtags don't help you in the slightest). She comes off as very jerkish and rather annoying in my opinion. I don't want anyone to think i'm victim blaming but I don't think this is how victims should act because if they act like this then people will have second guesses on them.


Ok last part. The notion Believe Victims/Women is in my opinion very flawed. The reason I believe Todd Haberkorn than I do Jessie Pridemore is because at least Todd has text messages from her wanting a relationship with him and it wasn't in anyway rape. The reason why I believe Johnny Depp than I do Amber Heard because Johnny had photos of his bruised eye and cut finger (that poor finger) and several witnesses saying that Amber was the true abuser. The problem with the testimonies is that just it testimonies. I know people here absolutely hate the "Show me evidence" argument but to me it does hold a lot of weight. Especially to the people who say "You don't deserve evidence". I'm sorry but when you're telling a story that will ultimately cost a man his reputation and livelihood, the least you can do not just rely on testimonies that may or may not be true. Again I wanna say this I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING. I'm just cautious and skeptical about the KickVic side and wanna point their flaws like people have pointed out the flaws of IStandWithVic side. Again I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING
Uurrggggh. There is so much to unpack here and I'm not in the mood for all of it.

The problem here is you're passing judgement based entirely on the decorum and behaviour of the people involved. Apparently Rekeita is alright in your book because he's what? "Down to earth?" Now, I haven't seen this guy's videos because I don't want that shit polluting my Youtube recommendation, so maybe he comes across as the sweetest, funniest, most affable guy. Doesn't mean jack-shit to me because I find what he's doing reprehensible. This man is not only defending an alleged harasser, but profiting off an audience of misguided fans by riling them up with allegations of "bullying" and other spurious claims about his accusers and the companies and conventions that have blacklisted him, crowd-funding a campaign and using the considerable amount of money he's made off these suckers to attempt to pressure these companies and conventions with the threat of legal action. The end result is a convention that uninvited Vic has now reinvited him, at a point where many of its guests and attendees who didn't want him to be there have been either forced to pull out at the last minute or have no choice but to share it with the man. This was a calculated, vindictive, manipulative move and it's likely to have serious harmful effects on the community.

Am I suppose to forgive him for that because what? His blackface thing was just a joke? Yeah, not selling me on this guy.

And there's the flip-side of the coin, which is the pro "#KickVic" crowd. I like that a call for accountability and safety from predatory behaviour has to be reduced to a team and a hashtag, really shows how enlightened we are in this day and age. But this is something we've seen plenty of: the idea that the people accusing Vic of this behaviour are somehow worse than the ones defending him, or Vic himself because they're not nice about it? Because they're smug? I'm sorry, but that is the most myopic, self-centred, retrograde attitude to take to a situation like this, and you should be ashamed of yourself. The people who have come out and accused Vic of inappropriate behaviour have been faced with endless harassment, derision and demonisation for sharing those views and experiences. Virtually everyone attacking them, accusing them of lying or being out to get him doesn't know jack-shit about what he's actually like, most of them haven't met him but will jump to defend him without hesitation. Because they're naive, or hateful, or scared. Whichever it is, there's no excuse.

So yes, people like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi and many others have every right to be angry. And this isn't exclusive to them, or this situation either. This happens all the time when a man is excused of sexual harassment or breach of trust. You say you don't want to victim-blame, but in the same breath you're arguing that every victim should conform to your idea of good behaviour or be dismissed. It's the exact same attitude.

And your last paragraph, the Believe Women bit? No. Just...no. None of that. Stop what you're doing, get off the computer, go outside and talk to people. Talk to women. Get to know them. Come back when you have some perspective.

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:55 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 am
The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am
Ok I hesitate commenting here out of fear of getting banned but the whole devaluing of the youtube lawyer Nick Rekeita is a bit annoying. I get it, its blackface but that can't be used as a comeback for everything the guy has been doing. I've said it already it was a lame joke he wanted to do for a black friend. I've seen worse racial jokes made by comedians who clearly aren't racist. Now getting on his case for being a youtube lawyer, I do not get the issue with this, he's still a lawyer. He knows about the law more than anyone in this forum. Its incredibly annoying to see people question this man integrity as lawyer all because he's on Vic's side. And before anyone gets the wrong idea i'm black as well. Also just a question has anyone even atleast watched one of his videos?

And look I know the IstandwithVic crowd have their flaws but am I the only......scratch that I am the only one who find the KickVic side a lot more insufferable. Please me hear me out. What I don't like from that side as they come off pretty smug and a lot of them are jerks. I think people have hard "Believing Women/Victims" in this situation is because the people on the KickVic side have used pictures and videos of Vic with fans to try to prove a point of how much a "creepy pedo" he is and those people in those pictures and videos have to come out and tell them "Don't use my stuff to defame Vic". And the worst part of it is they don't apologize for doing it. Thats completely fucked up. And I don't like how they paint Vic's fanbase as a cult. Its a fandom. Fandoms defend what they love. The KKK is a cult. The Ministry of Darkness (for anyone who watches WWE) was a cult. The Risembool Rangers isn't even close to a cult.

Then there's the voice actor and i'm truly sorry but I can't defend their actions towards the situation. They all should've handled professionally. Monica tried to do that but failed completely. Her threatening to take twitter rando's to court by screenshotting their tweets. And no I looked through those tweets, most of them was questioning her statements rather than harassing her. Then there's Jamie Marchi, who really shot herself in the foot with her tweets (sorry those blackface lawyer hashtags don't help you in the slightest). She comes off as very jerkish and rather annoying in my opinion. I don't want anyone to think i'm victim blaming but I don't think this is how victims should act because if they act like this then people will have second guesses on them.


Ok last part. The notion Believe Victims/Women is in my opinion very flawed. The reason I believe Todd Haberkorn than I do Jessie Pridemore is because at least Todd has text messages from her wanting a relationship with him and it wasn't in anyway rape. The reason why I believe Johnny Depp than I do Amber Heard because Johnny had photos of his bruised eye and cut finger (that poor finger) and several witnesses saying that Amber was the true abuser. The problem with the testimonies is that just it testimonies. I know people here absolutely hate the "Show me evidence" argument but to me it does hold a lot of weight. Especially to the people who say "You don't deserve evidence". I'm sorry but when you're telling a story that will ultimately cost a man his reputation and livelihood, the least you can do not just rely on testimonies that may or may not be true. Again I wanna say this I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING. I'm just cautious and skeptical about the KickVic side and wanna point their flaws like people have pointed out the flaws of IStandWithVic side. Again I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING
Uurrggggh. There is so much to unpack here and I'm not in the mood for all of it.

The problem here is you're passing judgement based entirely on the decorum and behaviour of the people involved. Apparently Rekeita is alright in your book because he's what? "Down to earth?" Now, I haven't seen this guy's videos because I don't want that shit polluting my Youtube recommendation, so maybe he comes across as the sweetest, funniest, most affable guy. Doesn't mean jack-shit to me because I find what he's doing reprehensible. This man is not only defending an alleged harasser, but profiting off an audience of misguided fans by riling them up with allegations of "bullying" and other spurious claims about his accusers and the companies and conventions that have blacklisted him, crowd-funding a campaign and using the considerable amount of money he's made off these suckers to attempt to pressure these companies and conventions with the threat of legal action. The end result is a convention that uninvited Vic has now reinvited him, at a point where many of its guests and attendees who didn't want him to be there have been either forced to pull out at the last minute or have no choice but to share it with the man. This was a calculated, vindictive, manipulative move and it's likely to have serious harmful effects on the community.

Am I suppose to forgive him for that because what? His blackface thing was just a joke? Yeah, not selling me on this guy.

And there's the flip-side of the coin, which is the pro "#KickVic" crowd. I like that a call for accountability and safety from predatory behaviour has to be reduced to a team and a hashtag, really shows how enlightened we are in this day and age. But this is something we've seen plenty of: the idea that the people accusing Vic of this behaviour are somehow worse than the ones defending him, or Vic himself because they're not nice about it? Because they're smug? I'm sorry, but that is the most myopic, self-centred, retrograde attitude to take to a situation like this, and you should be ashamed of yourself. The people who have come out and accused Vic of inappropriate behaviour have been faced with endless harassment, derision and demonisation for sharing those views and experiences. Virtually everyone attacking them, accusing them of lying or being out to get him doesn't know jack-shit about what he's actually like, most of them haven't met him but will jump to defend him without hesitation. Because they're naive, or hateful, or scared. Whichever it is, there's no excuse.

So yes, people like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi and many others have every right to be angry. And this isn't exclusive to them, or this situation either. This happens all the time when a man is excused of sexual harassment or breach of trust. You say you don't want to victim-blame, but in the same breath you're arguing that every victim should conform to your idea of good behaviour or be dismissed. It's the exact same attitude.

And your last paragraph, the Believe Women bit? No. Just...no. None of that. Stop what you're doing, get off the computer, go outside and talk to people. Talk to women. Get to know them. Come back when you have some perspective.
Firstly I wasn't talking about Nick Rekeita I was talking about his actual lawyer Ty Beard

Also that sentence I bold please don't resort to that please.

I've already said that the IStandWithVic is extremely flawed but there was more to the KickVic side than them being smug.

Maybe I worded that wrong. I'm not saying that Monica and Jamie should be so polite when talking how they were sexually harassed. I meant that they should've handled it professionally. Have the IStandWithVic crossed the line when dealing with those two? Absolutely.
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13603
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:01 am

If there is one thing I have learned from becoming a progressive left-wing democratic socialist transgender pansexual catgirl it is that 'decorum' means jack shit. You can put on a nice face and still be a complete and utter piece of shit who does horrible, horrible stuff. Just look at the last six or seven Presidents of the United States of America. Bill Clinton raged war on African Americans (Hilary called them 'super predators'), deregulated Wall Street by killing the regulations put into place after the Great Depression, deregulated telecommunications which led to massive monopolization of our media companies from about fifty companies down to six and a whole host of other problems. George W. Bush lied us into Iraq--a country that served no threat to the US--and killed a minimum of 200,000 civilians all for the oil. Bush also gave massive tax cuts--literally making welfare queens out of the wealthy--to corporations and individuals. Obama started five illegal offensive wars which further destabilized the Middle East, lied about Flint, Michigan and expanded the warrant-less spying powers Bush demanded and then tortured and imprisoned both enemy combatants and whistle-blowers like the great Chelsea Manning. Torture is a war crime, one that should land any President and administration that condones and performs it into prison for life. With the media being bought and owned for a profit by wealthy individuals and corporations the millionaire hosts are literally paid to not hold the power accountable. Go ahead and pay attention to the commercials on a news program and take note of the military industrial complex commercials and pharmaceutical company commercials you see: those are literal paid bribes to ensure that the news media never, ever goes after them.

To quote the late great George Carlin: "It's one big club and you're not in it."
She/Her | Popsicle Princess

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6376
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:52 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am
Ok I hesitate commenting here out of fear of getting banned but the whole devaluing of the youtube lawyer Nick Rekeita is a bit annoying. I get it, its blackface but that can't be used as a comeback for everything the guy has been doing. I've said it already it was a lame joke he wanted to do for a black friend. I've seen worse racial jokes made by comedians who clearly aren't racist. Now getting on his case for being a youtube lawyer, I do not get the issue with this, he's still a lawyer. He knows about the law more than anyone in this forum. Its incredibly annoying to see people question this man integrity as lawyer all because he's on Vic's side. And before anyone gets the wrong idea i'm black as well. Also just a question has anyone even atleast watched one of his videos?

And look I know the IstandwithVic crowd have their flaws but am I the only......scratch that I am the only one who find the KickVic side a lot more insufferable. Please me hear me out. What I don't like from that side as they come off pretty smug and a lot of them are jerks. I think people have hard "Believing Women/Victims" in this situation is because the people on the KickVic side have used pictures and videos of Vic with fans to try to prove a point of how much a "creepy pedo" he is and those people in those pictures and videos have to come out and tell them "Don't use my stuff to defame Vic". And the worst part of it is they don't apologize for doing it. Thats completely fucked up. And I don't like how they paint Vic's fanbase as a cult. Its a fandom. Fandoms defend what they love. The KKK is a cult. The Ministry of Darkness (for anyone who watches WWE) was a cult. The Risembool Rangers isn't even close to a cult.

Then there's the voice actor and i'm truly sorry but I can't defend their actions towards the situation. They all should've handled professionally. Monica tried to do that but failed completely. Her threatening to take twitter rando's to court by screenshotting their tweets. And no I looked through those tweets, most of them was questioning her statements rather than harassing her. Then there's Jamie Marchi, who really shot herself in the foot with her tweets (sorry those blackface lawyer hashtags don't help you in the slightest). She comes off as very jerkish and rather annoying in my opinion. I don't want anyone to think i'm victim blaming but I don't think this is how victims should act because if they act like this then people will have second guesses on them.


Ok last part. The notion Believe Victims/Women is in my opinion very flawed. The reason I believe Todd Haberkorn than I do Jessie Pridemore is because at least Todd has text messages from her wanting a relationship with him and it wasn't in anyway rape. The reason why I believe Johnny Depp than I do Amber Heard because Johnny had photos of his bruised eye and cut finger (that poor finger) and several witnesses saying that Amber was the true abuser. The problem with the testimonies is that just it testimonies. I know people here absolutely hate the "Show me evidence" argument but to me it does hold a lot of weight. Especially to the people who say "You don't deserve evidence". I'm sorry but when you're telling a story that will ultimately cost a man his reputation and livelihood, the least you can do not just rely on testimonies that may or may not be true. Again I wanna say this I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING. I'm just cautious and skeptical about the KickVic side and wanna point their flaws like people have pointed out the flaws of IStandWithVic side. Again I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING
"With all due respect," you sound like a teenager.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 am

It's, of course, obvious where I stand on this. But to ask another question, PatrolMan...

Do you not find it just a little bit odd that none of the people who know Vic best are defending him like his Risenbool rangers are? Not his former fiance, the people at Rooster Teeth, the executives at FUNimation, nor his fellow voice actors (except for Todd Haberkorn, who himself is sketchy)?

And no, the Risenbool Rangers don't count. They're comprised mostly of under-aged girls who came into his fan club while already star struck by his looks, voice, and charisma. I'm talking about his peers, here.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 am
It's, of course, obvious where I stand on this. But to ask another question, PatrolMan...

Do you not find it just a little bit odd that none of the people who know Vic best are defending him like his Risenbool rangers are? Not his former fiance, the people at Rooster Teeth, the executives at FUNimation, nor his fellow voice actors (except for Todd Haberkorn, who himself is sketchy)?

And no, the Risenbool Rangers don't count. They're comprised mostly of under-aged girls who came into his fan club while already star struck by his looks, voice, and charisma. I'm talking about his peers, here.
Oh most definitely I do find it odd
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Locked