Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:33 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 am
Oh most definitely I do find it odd
And, since we're talking about "innocent until proven guilty"...

What about the other side of the coin? The folks who aren't gonna know whether or not he's innocent until his case has been taken to court. Don't you find it odd that Vic Mignogna's being invited back before he's actually been proven innocent?

I mean...he's already assembled his legal team! He's already gotten $200,000+ from the people who donated to him! So that lawsuit is bound to come very soon! He's clearly not hurting for cash; not at the moment.

So, since he's aware that there's going to be at least a few female fans who believe the allegations (and you just know there's at least a few who'll believe the allegations)... Wouldn't it have been more responsible to have let the courts clear his name before walking into the same room as them? Even if he's not guilty, it still seems REALLY early for him to be walking into fandom spaces again.

Is that not a reasonable position for me to take?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by gokaiblue » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:10 am

Kataphrut wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 am
But this is something we've seen plenty of: the idea that the people accusing Vic of this behaviour are somehow worse than the ones defending him, or Vic himself because they're not nice about it? Because they're smug? I'm sorry, but that is the most myopic, self-centred, retrograde attitude to take to a situation like this, and you should be ashamed of yourself. The people who have come out and accused Vic of inappropriate behaviour have been faced with endless harassment, derision and demonisation for sharing those views and experiences. Virtually everyone attacking them, accusing them of lying or being out to get him doesn't know jack-shit about what he's actually like, most of them haven't met him but will jump to defend him without hesitation. Because they're naive, or hateful, or scared. Whichever it is, there's no excuse.

So yes, people like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi and many others have every right to be angry. And this isn't exclusive to them, or this situation either. This happens all the time when a man is excused of sexual harassment or breach of trust. You say you don't want to victim-blame, but in the same breath you're arguing that every victim should conform to your idea of good behaviour or be dismissed. It's the exact same attitude.

Definitely see your point, but in my opinion, their comments on the situation (particularly Jamie's) that were posted on a public forum are career suicide. If I was a casting director for a project, I would think twice before hiring them. Vic has (allegedly) done much worse, but some of these voice actors don't exactly have innocent tongues either.

They have every right to be angry, but I feel they should have expressed that anger elsewhere. Doesn't make their claims any less valid, however.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them


User avatar
gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by gokaiblue » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 am

Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am
And another panelist has quit

https://twitter.com/detectivex/status/1 ... 33445?s=21
If this keeps up, Kamehacon might have very little in the way of panels and guests. I think it has every bit to do with the last minute announcement of Vic returning as it does with Vic himself.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1282
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:54 am

gokaiblue wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 am
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am
And another panelist has quit

https://twitter.com/detectivex/status/1 ... 33445?s=21
If this keeps up, Kamehacon might have very little in the way of panels and guests. I think it has every bit to do with the last minute announcement of Vic returning as it does with Vic himself.
Maybe soon they can rename it the Vic Mignogna con instead since they only seemed to care about his zealot fanboys and fangirls not actual dragon ball fans.


Jason Douglas has also backed out

https://twitter.com/mrjasondouglas/stat ... 17697?s=21

ssj4
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ssj4 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:57 am

The Patrolman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am
Ok I hesitate commenting here out of fear of getting banned but the whole devaluing of the youtube lawyer Nick Rekeita is a bit annoying. I get it, its blackface but that can't be used as a comeback for everything the guy has been doing. I've said it already it was a lame joke he wanted to do for a black friend. I've seen worse racial jokes made by comedians who clearly aren't racist. Now getting on his case for being a youtube lawyer, I do not get the issue with this, he's still a lawyer. He knows about the law more than anyone in this forum. Its incredibly annoying to see people question this man integrity as lawyer all because he's on Vic's side. And before anyone gets the wrong idea i'm black as well. Also just a question has anyone even atleast watched one of his videos?

And look I know the IstandwithVic crowd have their flaws but am I the only......scratch that I am the only one who find the KickVic side a lot more insufferable. Please me hear me out. What I don't like from that side as they come off pretty smug and a lot of them are jerks. I think people have hard "Believing Women/Victims" in this situation is because the people on the KickVic side have used pictures and videos of Vic with fans to try to prove a point of how much a "creepy pedo" he is and those people in those pictures and videos have to come out and tell them "Don't use my stuff to defame Vic". And the worst part of it is they don't apologize for doing it. Thats completely fucked up. And I don't like how they paint Vic's fanbase as a cult. Its a fandom. Fandoms defend what they love. The KKK is a cult. The Ministry of Darkness (for anyone who watches WWE) was a cult. The Risembool Rangers isn't even close to a cult.

Then there's the voice actor and i'm truly sorry but I can't defend their actions towards the situation. They all should've handled professionally. Monica tried to do that but failed completely. Her threatening to take twitter rando's to court by screenshotting their tweets. And no I looked through those tweets, most of them was questioning her statements rather than harassing her. Then there's Jamie Marchi, who really shot herself in the foot with her tweets (sorry those blackface lawyer hashtags don't help you in the slightest). She comes off as very jerkish and rather annoying in my opinion. I don't want anyone to think i'm victim blaming but I don't think this is how victims should act because if they act like this then people will have second guesses on them.


Ok last part. The notion Believe Victims/Women is in my opinion very flawed. The reason I believe Todd Haberkorn than I do Jessie Pridemore is because at least Todd has text messages from her wanting a relationship with him and it wasn't in anyway rap

e. The reason why I believe Johnny Depp than I do Amber Heard because Johnny had photos of his bruised eye and cut finger (that poor finger) and several witnesses saying that Amber was the true abuser. The problem with the testimonies is that just it testimonies. I know people here absolutely hate the "Show me evidence" argument but to me it does hold a lot of weight. Especially to the people who say "You don't deserve evidence". I'm sorry but when you're telling a story that will ultimately cost a man his reputation and livelihood, the least you can do not just rely on testimonies that may or may not be true. Again I wanna say this I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING. I'm just cautious and skeptical about the KickVic side and wanna point their flaws like people have pointed out the flaws of IStandWithVic side. Again I AM NOT VICTIM BLAMING
Blackface isn't just a lame joke, IT'S ALWAYS RACIST. The fact that you claim to be black and don't see this is just absurd. This isn't 1950. Its bad enough Nick did blackface. He follows the likes of stefan molyneux, a white supremacist and ben shapiro, steven crowder, crypto-Fashion

User avatar
XanatosVanBadass
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:01 pm

I said something I thought was deliberately inflammatory and yet I wasn’t banned like others. Interesting.
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am
And another panelist has quit

https://twitter.com/detectivex/status/1 ... 33445?s=21
Good. I hope the whole convention is ruined over this. I’d say more, but I likely WOULD be banned for it.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16507
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:01 pm
I said something I thought was deliberately inflammatory and yet I wasn’t banned like others. Interesting.
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am
And another panelist has quit

https://twitter.com/detectivex/status/1 ... 33445?s=21
Good. I hope the whole convention is ruined over this. I’d say more, but I likely WOULD be banned for it.
Why are you puffing your chest over your behavior? So weird.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1282
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:13 pm

Daman Mills has also just cancelled

https://twitter.com/damanmills/status/1 ... 32672?s=21

User avatar
XanatosVanBadass
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 pm
XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:01 pm
I said something I thought was deliberately inflammatory and yet I wasn’t banned like others. Interesting.
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am
And another panelist has quit

https://twitter.com/detectivex/status/1 ... 33445?s=21
Good. I hope the whole convention is ruined over this. I’d say more, but I likely WOULD be banned for it.
Why are you puffing your chest over your behavior? So weird.
Just making an observation . . .

EDIT: and what behavior? I said a word you all didn’t like. Sorry! I don’t think people new to the forum get to tell others to “fuck off”.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4473
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Important side-bar: can we put a stop to quoting like, four paragraph-long posts??

User avatar
XanatosVanBadass
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:24 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:42 pm
Important side-bar: can we put a stop to quoting like, four paragraph-long posts??
The longer you post the smarter you are!

Or at least that’s what this forum thinks.

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6279
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:31 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:15 pm
VegettoEX wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 pm
XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:01 pm
I said something I thought was deliberately inflammatory and yet I wasn’t banned like others. Interesting.


Good. I hope the whole convention is ruined over this. I’d say more, but I likely WOULD be banned for it.
Why are you puffing your chest over your behavior? So weird.
Just making an observation . . .

EDIT: and what behavior? I said a word you all didn’t like. Sorry! I don’t think people new to the forum get to tell others to “fuck off”.
You used some pretty heavily racialized terms in attempt to shut down a discussion about blackface
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1175
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:41 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:15 pm
EDIT: and what behavior? I said a word you all didn’t like.
Yes. We don't like your language because it was racist. We didn't like you saying the things you said because you were being r a c i s t .

Please continue digging yourself deeper though. The less people acting as shitty as you are here, the better.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:46 pm

gokaiblue wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:10 am
They have every right to be angry, but I feel they should have expressed that anger elsewhere. Doesn't make their claims any less valid, however.
Where should they have done it?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13149
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:46 pm
gokaiblue wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:10 am
They have every right to be angry, but I feel they should have expressed that anger elsewhere. Doesn't make their claims any less valid, however.
Where should they have done it?
There is no more a proper place than the town square, which is in modern terms social media. Keeping things hush-hush prevents us from holding the powerful accountable.
She/Her | Cloud Strife is so fuckin' hot oh my gosh

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2756
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:25 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:18 pm
There is no more a proper place than the town square, which is in modern terms social media. Keeping things hush-hush prevents us from holding the powerful accountable.
That's what I was thinking, too. If Gokai's answer is gonna be what I think it is, I already have something all lined up for answering exactly why Monica and others had to report this the way they did.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 895
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:39 pm

So, looks like Kamehacon will not refund tickets or even money for artist’s alley tables. These guys are the lowest garbage. I honestly think the guests have an obligation to cancel their appearances if it won’t hurt them financially.

User avatar
DHM211
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by DHM211 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Doubtful there will be a Kamehacon 3 after all this drama.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5297
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:15 pm

DHM211 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:03 pm
Doubtful there will be a Kamehacon 3 after all this drama.
Was thinking the same to be honest.

Locked