Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:45 pm Do not actively side-track conversations and post things that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
We were talking about Sean schemmel being a primadonna with his goku role. He tried to have peter kelamis removed from a con he was going to.
Which is related to the discussion... how?

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:23 pm

KBABZ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:21 pm
Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:49 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:45 pm Do not actively side-track conversations and post things that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
We were talking about Sean schemmel being a primadonna with his goku role. He tried to have peter kelamis removed from a con he was going to.
Which is related to the discussion... how?
Sean schemmel is one of the people that has talked about the situation.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:23 pm Sean schemmel is one of the people that has talked about the situation.
So is Fukanaga, but I'm not doing to drop in his random tweets.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:23 pm Sean schemmel is one of the people that has talked about the situation.
And his being a primadonna is relevant how?

Everyone in this thread has, by the very nature of posting in it, talked about the situation. That doesn't mean discussions about whether or not any individual poster here is a primadonna is in any way on topic.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Saying "bUt WhAt AbOuT sChEmMeL" is totally pointless. Sean's had plenty of cases of bad behavior. Not one of them is relevant to whether Vic is guilty. Nobody is acting like he hasn't done the things he did just because he happens to be against Vic. Though that said, all of them are more excusable than serial assault over a period of potentially over two decades.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Well, here's both Monica and the con itself stating that no one got kicked out.

Pensacon's Reply

Monica Rial's Reply

Best part of all? The woman who exposed the liar was someone on #IStandWithVic! In fact, she was one of his best friends, too! Isn't that something?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:59 pm Well, here's both Monica and the con itself stating that no one got kicked out.

Pensacon's Reply

Monica Rial's Reply

Best part of all? The woman who exposed the liar was someone on #IStandWithVic! In fact, she was one of his best friends, too! Isn't that something?
I’m impressed she owned up to being wrong. I will give her credit for that.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:31 pm I’m impressed she owned up to being wrong. I will give her credit for that.
The sad thing is, I think I've actually met just as many, if not more, #IStandWithVic folks who're actually decent people, than I have dirtbags like this guy...

https://twitter.com/ArceorKoga/status/1 ... 2681840640

...But the power of "The Bubble" is a powerful thing. I'm a fairly ardent supporter for #KickVic NOW... But had I not been on Kanzenshuu? If all I had was the word of what I read on Youtube or Twitter? Well, I'm not so sure I would've found the truth as easily as I did. I'd HOPE I would, but...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:44 pm

Well guys, I actually managed to get an audience with folks on the inside of Monica Rial's moderation team on Facebook. Obviously I can't share names, but... I have permission to share what I found out about.

It was pretty... illuminating, too. You all know that Google Doc I was compiling? Well, according to this person...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDPM4djy_k

That VERY doc may very well have been as a propaganda piece for the folks on Vic's side! I don't know if he mistook it for another list, or if my original doc was heavily modified, as my own doc doesn't match up with what I saw in the video there...

But whatever the case, someone snatched it, called it the "KickVic Master List" (*snigger*), claimed it was a "leaked" doc that was crafted by KickVic insiders, and used it to say that they were "planning how they'd ruin Vic's life", or some nonsense like that.

And they're not just blind fanboys, either. They're soldiers on Vic's side. They know EXACTLY what they're doing when they choose to omit all the stuff they've been omitting from their videos.

Last, but not least... We now have an explanation for why Vic's been allowed to go on for so long, doing what he's done. Nobody's sure exactly why, but it turns out he DOES have a lot of pull in the industry. So much pull, in fact, that people have actually had to kiss up to him to get jobs. Everything he's done over his decades long career? There were industry insiders (not voice actors, but other kinds of insiders) actively working to cover up everything he's been doing.

Again, no one knows what it is about this guy that's got people going so far for him, but... It's happened. So, if any of you have questions, now's your chance. I can't share names, but I CAN ask every single question you might have.

Well? Any takers?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:44 pm[see above post]
Huh, I thought you made it a .pdf document?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:00 pm

KBABZ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 pm Huh, I thought you made it a .pdf document?
I didn't. It was a Google Doc. So here's hoping that guy was wrong, and that was another person's list... Either way, though, it's stunning to think something I did actually made a difference (for good or for bad).

Fortunately, the guy didn't hold it against me. He asked me if I cared to explain how it got "leaked", I told him I was just spreading it to Youtube vids, not realizing my error... And he accepted it.

Now, instead, I'm going to keep stockpiling evidence, and send it to all the industry insiders I know of. Like BlackPaladin.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:15 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:00 pm
KBABZ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 pm Huh, I thought you made it a .pdf document?
I didn't. It was a Google Doc. So here's hoping that guy was wrong, and that was another person's list...
I recommend you switch it to a .pdf regardless, since people won't be able to edit that. An editable Google Doc is a bad idea.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 am

You know, thinking of it now... I think I misunderstood the guy's statement. I thought he was saying all the Dragon Ball Youtubers on #IStandWithVic were hatemongers... But actually, there were only three (aside from Nick Rekieta, of course) that he singled out. These are...

1) Super Girl, (A.K.A, Black Itachi, Perfection, or "That guy that claimed he got doxxed by Jessika")

2) SENPAiSHOME

3) That Umbrella Guy

Those are the main three guys starting all the malicious rumors, according to him. The rest very well could be just sincerely wrong. No confirmation one way or the other.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:52 am

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 am You know, thinking of it now... I think I misunderstood the guy's statement. I thought he was saying all the Dragon Ball Youtubers on #IStandWithVic were hatemongers... But actually, there were only three (aside from Nick Rekieta, of course) that he singled out. These are...

1) Super Girl, (A.K.A, Black Itachi, Perfection, or "That guy that claimed he got doxxed by Jessika")

2) SENPAiSHOME

3) That Umbrella Guy

Those are the main three guys starting all the malicious rumors, according to him. The rest very well could be just sincerely wrong. No confirmation one way or the other.
And even then... the vast majority of Vic supporters are hateful Altright garbage. It’s not just a “few bad apples”. That thinking is dangerous.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:32 am

Quite frankly, unless you're an actual journalist compiling things in an ethical manner (which... uhh... generally means first-hand and not in publicly-editable shared documents?), doing any of this Internet Sleuthing™ and sharing just comes across as whack-job.

You (general, plural "you" here) don't have the experience to back up whatever it is you think you're doing, even if it's for the "right" reasons, and any mistakes you may (and will) make along the way are only going to be detrimental to your cause.

Leave the journalism to the journalists.

Also PDFs can be trivially edited and manipulated come the eff on guys it's 2019.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:32 am

Maybe I’m more cynical, but I think many of these people know EXACTLY what they’re doing. The “ignorant children” narrative is inaccurate (I’ve actually interacted with these people) not to mention dangerous in this day and age.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:33 am

So, is asking questions appropriate or not

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 am

ssj4 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:33 am So, is asking questions appropriate or not
Honest, made-in-good-faith questions are never a problem.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:53 am

ssj4 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:33 am So, is asking questions appropriate or not
I don't think many people have answers. It seems like everywhere I look one group is saying one thing and in another place people are saying something completely different. I think unless some law person looks at everything and says A, B & C happened, we may never know what's truly going on.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 am

We may never know the full truth, but I prefer to be cautious just in case. Listen. And. Believe.