Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Really don’t need / not interested in your elsewhere-on-the-internet conversations with randos.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:14 pm

So apparently according to nick rekietas recent stream, Toei know about all the situation...and apparently they aren’t happy with how it’s all been handled at all.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Rekieta isn't a trustworthy source, he's the face of pro-Vic propaganda. Even if he's right, which I doubt because Toei has proven time and time again that they do not give a shit what happens with dubs, it doesn't matter. The man did things that he deserved to be fired for, banned from conventions for. That's what happened to him. End of story.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:50 pm Rekieta isn't a trustworthy source, he's the face of pro-Vic propaganda. Even if he's right, which I doubt because Toei has proven time and time again that they do not give a shit what happens with dubs, it doesn't matter. The man did things that he deserved to be fired for, banned from conventions for. That's what happened to him. End of story.
...why are you acting like this is Scott freeman and illich guardiola? He has done nothing as bad as these two have and there was actual substantial proof that they did things. Are you saying that being overly affectionate is worse or as bad as having cp and dating underaged women?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:42 pm

Why are you acting like that? Scott Freeman went to fucking prison. Nobody is trying to incarcerate Mignogna. Nobody has even pressed charges against him. Sexual harassment and non-rape sexual assault are perfectly fucking justifiable reasons to lose your job or get banned from a convention, no courts involved.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Mooreish wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:14 pm
Shaddy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:50 pm So apparently according to nick rekietas recent stream, Toei know about all the situation...and apparently they aren’t happy with how it’s all been handled at all.
Rekieta isn't a trustworthy source, he's the face of pro-Vic propaganda. Even if he's right, which I doubt because Toei has proven time and time again that they do not give a shit what happens with dubs...
I would also add that foreign production companies do not talk about business matters with voice actors. Quite frankly, that doesn't even happen with domestic production companies and voice actors, I simply used the word "foreign" to express another layer of doubt. Any talks relating to business matters are a strictly confidential matter between those at the executive levels of a dubbing company and the animation company. If I were to be...I mean, beyond generous...I suppose it's theoretically possible that Vic learned something from a FUNimation exec and then shared it with Rekieta. Again, though, the likelihood of that happening is next to nothing.

So, quite frankly, the idea that Rekieta, a "lawyer" in Texas, somehow knows about the internal business matters of Toei--a Japanese animation company that has zero reason whatsoever to tell him anything--smells more strongly of BS than a bull stable.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:09 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:45 pmSo, quite frankly, the idea that Rekieta, a "lawyer" in Texas, somehow knows about the internal business matters of Toei--a Japanese animation company that has zero reason whatsoever to tell him anything--smells more strongly of BS than a bull stable.
Nick Rekieta is licensed and practices in Minnesota. The law firm Vic Mignogna is retaining, Beard Harris Bullock Hughes, is the one in Texas. Rekieta is not Mignogna's lawyer.

I'm also confused as to why you use quotes around the word lawyer.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:09 pm
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:45 pmSo, quite frankly, the idea that Rekieta, a "lawyer" in Texas, somehow knows about the internal business matters of Toei--a Japanese animation company that has zero reason whatsoever to tell him anything--smells more strongly of BS than a bull stable.
Nick Rekieta is licensed and practices in Minnesota. The law firm Vic Mignogna is retaining, Beard Harris Bullock Hughes, is the one in Texas. Rekieta is not Mignogna's lawyer.

I'm also confused as to why you use quotes around the word lawyer.
I didn't realize that Rekieta wasn't based in Texas, so I apologize for that misunderstanding. That said, I did know that he was not Mignogna's lawyer, and we can add that to the pile of reasons I don't believe him when he says he knows how Toei feels about this matter.

As for the quotation marks thing, I could have explained that better. My use of them was not meant to imply that he's not an actual lawyer--he is, as you noted--but rather, it was meant to imply that he's not a very good/trustworthy one. From observing him, he appears far more interested in generating attention--and any controversy that will get him that attention--than actually practicing law. Reputable, busy lawyers simply don't have the time to spend tweeting and live-streaming to the degree that he has, especially considering that this isn't something that directly involves him anyway.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:09 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 pmAs for the quotation marks thing, I could have explained that better. My use of them was not meant to imply that he's not an actual lawyer--he is, as you noted--but rather, it was meant to imply that he's not a very good/trustworthy one. From observing him, he appears far more interested in generating attention--and any controversy that will get him that attention--than actually practicing law. Reputable, busy lawyers simply don't have the time to spend tweeting and live-streaming to the degree that he has, especially considering that this isn't something that directly involves him anyway.
I think you aren't observing well enough.

I also have my doubts about the idea that Toei knows anything about the situation. However, he has demonstrated that he does have some good sources of info. Such as when it came to Kamehacon: he had info that Kamehacon was looking into inviting Mignogna back days before anyone did, he had Mignogna's lawyer on who himself said he was in talks with the convention heads, two days later Kamehacon announces Mignogna's reinvitation, and then you had Rial and others dropping out that supported his assertion that there were voice actors interfering with Mignogna's involvement at the convention. So even if he's wrong or misled about Toei's involvement (which he has yet to fully assert himself only saying he's heard about it), he's got more credibility than many give him credit for.

I also fail to see how this affects his trustworthiness or skill as a lawyer. If you feel he is untrustworthy when it comes to this or any relating info, that has nothing to do with his merit as a lawyer. The time he devotes to his youtube channel also has no bearing on it. These attacks to his credibility all relate to his merit as a source of info, not his understanding of law. It seems you have conflated the two.

If you disagree with my assessment, you are welcome to sending a complaint to his state bar as others have. But you'll find, as they did, that he has not failed to conduct himself properly as a lawyer.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:12 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:09 pm
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 pmAs for the quotation marks thing, I could have explained that better. My use of them was not meant to imply that he's not an actual lawyer--he is, as you noted--but rather, it was meant to imply that he's not a very good/trustworthy one. From observing him, he appears far more interested in generating attention--and any controversy that will get him that attention--than actually practicing law. Reputable, busy lawyers simply don't have the time to spend tweeting and live-streaming to the degree that he has, especially considering that this isn't something that directly involves him anyway.

I also have my doubts about the idea that Toei knows anything about the situation. However, he has demonstrated that he does have some good sources of info. Such as when it came to Kamehacon: he had info that Kamehacon was looking into inviting Mignogna back days before anyone did, he had Mignogna's lawyer on who himself said he was in talks with the convention heads, two days later Kamehacon announces Mignogna's reinvitation, and then you had Rial and others dropping out that supported his assertion that there were voice actors interfering with Mignogna's involvement at the convention. So even if he's wrong or misled about Toei's involvement (which he has yet to fully assert himself only saying he's heard about it), he's got more credibility than many give him credit for.

I also fail to see how this affects his trustworthiness or skill as a lawyer. If you feel he is untrustworthy when it comes to this or any relating info, that has nothing to do with his merit as a lawyer. The time he devotes to his youtube channel also has no bearing on it. These attacks to his credibility all relate to his merit as a source of info, not his understanding of law. It seems you have conflated the two.

If you disagree with my assessment, you are welcome to sending a complaint to his state bar as others have. But you'll find, as they did, that he has not failed to conduct himself properly as a lawyer.
I think they just don’t like he’s trying to help Vic.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:23 pm

I bet Vic talked his Japanese friends at Toei just like he talked to CLAMP back in the day

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Nick is a fucking hack and alt-right troll. The fact that Vic hasn't distanced himself from this guy says a lot

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Well, I certainly have no interest in working to disbar anybody, and I wasn't suggesting that he should be. Quite frankly, I rolled my eyes when I read that people even tried that, as my inclination is that those requests probably came from overly zealous #KickVic supporters who aren't well-versed in "legalese," which amounts to little more than a waste of the bar association's time. That said, just because a lawyer hasn't been disbarred doesn't mean they are necessarily skilled or trustworthy. There are plenty of lawyers who ought to be disbarred, but haven't been for various reasons.

The thing is, a sad fact of the law business is that there are a lot of lawyers out there (who, again, haven't been disbarred) who are more attention-seekers than anything else. It is for that reason that the time he devotes to his YouTube channel is, yes, kind of a red flag for me. I have plenty of lawyers in my family, and none of them have the kind of time that this guy apparently does to operate a YouTube channel, let alone one that devotes so much time to matters they're not directly a part of. It strikes me as very weird and very questionable.

So does he have a solid understanding of the law? Certainly enough to be a licensed lawyer, which I don't mean to discount. Between the big scene he's consistently trying to make on social media and his claiming to know what a Japanese animation company would only share with top-level execs (if Toei even knows what's going on here at all), though...I'll just be honest, I have my doubts about his ethics, his motives, and his supposed sources of info. His behavior may not be material that justifies him being disbarred, but it is enough for me to really question if this guy can be trusted.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:22 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Well, I certainly have no interest in working to disbar anybody, and I wasn't suggesting that he should be. Quite frankly, I rolled my eyes when I read that people even tried that, as my inclination is that those requests probably came from overly zealous #KickVic supporters who aren't well-versed in "legalese," which amounts to little more than a waste of the bar association's time. That said, just because a lawyer hasn't been disbarred doesn't mean they are necessarily skilled or trustworthy. There are plenty of lawyers who ought to be disbarred, but haven't been for various reasons.

The thing is, a sad fact of the law business is that there are a lot of lawyers out there (who, again, haven't been disbarred) who are more attention-seekers than anything else. It is for that reason that the time he devotes to his YouTube channel is, yes, kind of a red flag for me. I have plenty of lawyers in my family, and none of them have the kind of time that this guy apparently does to operate a YouTube channel, let alone one that devotes so much time to matters they're not directly a part of. It strikes me as very weird and very questionable.

So does he have a solid understanding of the law? Certainly enough to be a licensed lawyer, which I don't mean to discount. Between the big scene he's consistently trying to make on social media and his claiming to know what a Japanese animation company would only share with top-level execs (if Toei even knows what's going on here at all), though...I'll just be honest, I have my doubts about his ethics, his motives, and his supposed sources of info. His behavior may not be material that justifies him being disbarred, but it is enough for me to really question if this guy can be trusted.
I follow a Youtube channel called LegalEagle who is a professional lawyer who makes videos commenting on the accuracy of law portrayed in media, and recent events... he is pretty popular and seems to know what he is talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpa-Zb ... PP1Dx_1M8Q
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:22 pmI follow a Youtube channel called LegalEagle who is a professional lawyer who makes videos commenting on the accuracy of law portrayed in media, and recent events... he is pretty popular and seems to know what he is talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpa-Zb ... PP1Dx_1M8Q
And people have every right to watch his videos, be entertained by them, and possibly even retain him for legal services.

As it pertains to my personal opinion, though, I personally still wouldn't him. Like I said earlier, considering how many attention-seekers there are in the law business, I'm immediately a little suspicious of any lawyer who devotes too much public time as a lawyer to matters that don't directly concern them. It doesn't automatically disqualify them for me, but it does automatically make me hesitant to trust them. By contrast, when a lawyer does the exact opposite, and spends their time as a lawyer strictly devoted to their own cases, behind closed doors, and getting clients purely by way of referrals...they're immediately starting off on the right foot with me. I wouldn't hire them solely based on that, don't get me wrong, but it's a sign of an ethical lawyer for me.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmQuite frankly, I rolled my eyes when I read that people even tried that, as my inclination is that those requests probably came from overly zealous #KickVic supporters who aren't well-versed in "legalese," which amounts to little more than a waste of the bar association's time.
I would hardly call Monica Rial's fiance some "overly zealous #KickVic supporter".
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmThat said, just because a lawyer hasn't been disbarred doesn't mean they are necessarily skilled or trustworthy. There are plenty of lawyers who ought to be disbarred, but haven't been for various reasons.
What exactly has he done that points to any of this? Where exactly does he fail as a lawyer?
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmThe thing is, a sad fact of the law business is that there are a lot of lawyers out there (who, again, haven't been disbarred) who are more attention-seekers than anything else. It is for that reason that the time he devotes to his YouTube channel is, yes, kind of a red flag for me. I have plenty of lawyers in my family, and none of them have the kind of time that this guy apparently does to operate a YouTube channel, let alone one that devotes so much time to matters they're not directly a part of. It strikes me as very weird and very questionable.
Let's for the sake of argument say that he is in fact doing it all for attention seeking. So what? What part about this makes him a bad lawyer? I've seen other lawyers with bigger and more popular Youtube channels. And channels run by others in demanding professions such as medicine. Why is he in particular such a problem?

Perhaps think of asking these lawyer family members for advice. Maybe they can better phrase what Rekieta lacks to be a good lawyer like them.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmSo does he have a solid understanding of the law? Certainly enough to be a licensed lawyer, which I don't mean to discount.
Given some of your commentary on here, it seems like you're definitely trying to undermine it at least.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmBetween the big scene he's consistently trying to make on social media and his claiming to know what a Japanese animation company would only share with top-level execs (if Toei even knows what's going on here at all), though...I'll just be honest, I have my doubts about his ethics, his motives, and his supposed sources of info. His behavior may not be material that justifies him being disbarred, but it is enough for me to really question if this guy can be trusted.
What "big scene" is he causing on social media? I haven't seen him engage in any kind of harassment or telling others to do so.

As to your other points I'll repeat myself once again that it seems like you continue to conflate his worth as a lawyer with his worth as a source. It seems like you're stuck on looking for reasons to not retain him as your lawyer which is fine. But that has nothing to do with him being a good resource.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:09 pm

At this point, I think the best thing for me to do is to simply make one last attempt to clarify my stance, and then let it be.
AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pm
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmQuite frankly, I rolled my eyes when I read that people even tried that, as my inclination is that those requests probably came from overly zealous #KickVic supporters who aren't well-versed in "legalese," which amounts to little more than a waste of the bar association's time.
I would hardly call Monica Rial's fiance some "overly zealous #KickVic supporter".
I didn't know he was one of them, and as I said, it was my inclination. Rial's fiance has, in my opinion, a completely understandable emotional stake in all of this, even if he couldn't convince the bar association to disbar Rekeita. That said, I nevertheless wouldn't be surprised if overly zealous #KickVic supporters were among those calling for Rekeita's disbarment.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmThat said, just because a lawyer hasn't been disbarred doesn't mean they are necessarily skilled or trustworthy. There are plenty of lawyers who ought to be disbarred, but haven't been for various reasons.
What exactly has he done that points to any of this? Where exactly does he fail as a lawyer?
I wasn't talking about Rekeita specifically there. I was referring in a general sense to what was said earlier about how the bar association didn't disbar him, as it was my intention to point out that just because a lawyer hasn't been disbarred doesn't automatically make them ethical or credible. There are plenty of ethically questionable moves a lawyer can make that nevertheless don't qualify as material for disbarment, not to mention lawyers who are conducting business in an unethical way who simply don't get caught.

Is Rekeita specifically one of those lawyers? I don't know. I was simply saying that the fact that he hasn't been disbarred doesn't automatically mean he's in the right.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmThe thing is, a sad fact of the law business is that there are a lot of lawyers out there (who, again, haven't been disbarred) who are more attention-seekers than anything else. It is for that reason that the time he devotes to his YouTube channel is, yes, kind of a red flag for me. I have plenty of lawyers in my family, and none of them have the kind of time that this guy apparently does to operate a YouTube channel, let alone one that devotes so much time to matters they're not directly a part of. It strikes me as very weird and very questionable.
Let's for the sake of argument say that he is in fact doing it all for attention seeking. So what? What part about this makes him a bad lawyer? I've seen other lawyers with bigger and more popular Youtube channels. And channels run by others in demanding professions such as medicine. Why is he in particular such a problem?
I was talking specifically about lawyers, as other professions have different responsibilities and different relations to the public when it comes to social media. I don't think highly of any lawyer who is that public, not just Rekeita. What's wrong about being so public as a lawyer is that it suggests--it doesn't confirm, but suggests--that he's more interested in seeking attention than actually doing his job. The reason that's problematic is because your first priority as a lawyer shouldn't be to create attention for yourself, it should be to solve the legal dilemmas that you were actually hired to solve, and doing so by presenting the strongest case possible consistent with the truth--and doing so behind closed doors.

Put another way, any lawyer being that public about cases that don't involve him makes me believe that self-promotion, not the truth, is their greatest pursuit. Any lawyer that prioritizes their own image above the truth is, in my opinion, a bad lawyer.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmSo does he have a solid understanding of the law? Certainly enough to be a licensed lawyer, which I don't mean to discount.
Given some of your commentary on here, it seems like you're definitely trying to undermine it at least.
His knowledge of the law, no, but as far as his ethics and motives are concerned...well, after seeing how he behaves, color me suspicious. I'm not actively trying to undermine his legal credibility. I was, however, commenting that his actions have undermined his credibility a little in my eyes, and I've been attempting (apparently somewhat unsuccessfully) to explain why.

Again, perhaps we can chalk this up to me not being clear enough. Nowhere was I trying to say that he's not a legitimate lawyer (which is why I regret the whole "quotation marks thing" that started this). That was simply my way of saying that he raises both my suspicions and my doubts regarding his ethics based on how public he's trying to be (about a case that he has not been hired to handle, no less). Him claiming to have info from a company (Toei) that would never talk to him directly only reinforced my suspicions. Do I know that he's a bad lawyer who acted unethically and can't be trusted? No. Rather, the entire point of my first post talking about this could be summed up as, "He raised my suspicions based on how he's conducting himself," that's all.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pmBetween the big scene he's consistently trying to make on social media and his claiming to know what a Japanese animation company would only share with top-level execs (if Toei even knows what's going on here at all), though...I'll just be honest, I have my doubts about his ethics, his motives, and his supposed sources of info. His behavior may not be material that justifies him being disbarred, but it is enough for me to really question if this guy can be trusted.
What "big scene" is he causing on social media? I haven't seen him engage in any kind of harassment or telling others to do so.
"Harassment" and "making a big scene" are not necessarily the same thing. "Making a big scene," just means doing something that draws a lot of attention. From my vantage point, constantly making videos and holding live-streams about cases that don't involve you are, in the context of a lawyer practicing law, making a big scene. It'd be one thing if he made a comment in passing or did one video, but he seems oddly devoted to Vic's ordeal. I don't think any lawyer worth their salt would devote so much time to something they weren't directly involved in, partially because they quite frankly wouldn't even have the time.
AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pmAs to your other points I'll repeat myself once again that it seems like you continue to conflate his worth as a lawyer with his worth as a source. It seems like you're stuck on looking for reasons to not retain him as your lawyer which is fine. But that has nothing to do with him being a good resource.
Well, to me, how ethical a lawyer is is directly tied to their worth as a lawyer. Somebody who appears to devote more time to a YouTube channel, talking so extensively about issues he has no involvement in, claiming to have info from a source that would never talk to him (and, as a minor but unrelated bonus point, creating thumbnails for his videos that are in laughably clear violation of copyright laws by using the "24" logo) makes me suspicious about his ethics, which...yeah, makes me question his worth as a lawyer. His knowledge of the law may be sound, but there's more to being a good lawyer than being knowledgeable about the law. Being able to successfully argue your cases, devoting time to your actual clients, and doing so in an ethical manner are all part of determining someone's worth as a lawyer, from my perspective.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:29 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:41 pm What part about this makes him a bad lawyer?
Probably the part where he's discussing the fine particulars of a "client's" case on the wide open internet concerning an extremely visible and polarized legal matter.

If my lawyer did that, I'd fucking kick his ass.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:29 pmProbably the part where he's discussing the fine particulars of a "client's" case on the wide open internet concerning an extremely visible and polarized legal matter.

If my lawyer did that, I'd fucking kick his ass.
Vic Mignogna is not his client.

All the info relating to the cases he covers he obtains through publicly legal means. Despite by what some might think, Rekieta's channel does not revolve around Mignogna's potential lawsuit. He has covered a large number of cases, that's the main point of his channel: covering cases he or his audience might find interesting. And he has yet to get in any trouble for covering any of them. Remember he can lose his license over this, he is not gonna risk his main source of income for his YT channel. He makes this repeatedly clear.

On the other hand, info that does not pertain to law or other legal matters, like info surrounding Kamehacon for example, are comparable to that of a journalist obtaining info. Using sources they have or digging for it himself like the majority of news sites.

I also think beating up a lawyer is a bad idea in general. But I realize you're just larping.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 pmVic Mignogna is not his client.
Hence the quotes. Then again, Ty Beard was on the channel too.
All the info relating to the cases he covers he obtains through publicly legal means. Despite by what some might think, Rekieta's channel does not revolve around Mignogna's potential lawsuit. He has covered a large number of cases, that's the main point of his channel: covering cases he or his audience might find interesting. And he has yet to get in any trouble for covering any of them. Remember he can lose his license over this, he is not gonna risk his main source of income for his YT channel. He makes this repeatedly clear.
I don't care if he's only using "public" information, if he's my counsel I don't want him broadcasting my situation to the entire fucking planet - ESPECIALLY in an absurdly propagandist way - and if he did I'd kick his stupid teeth in. But it doesn't matter, because I'd sooner represent myself in court with less than no legal experience than hire that idiot.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃