Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Son Dragon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 am

Bryesque wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:49 am But I mean... it's not like criminals make a habit of admitting their crimes and acting as suspiciously as possible. Generally criminals and abusers want to get away with it. Especially if someone's an actor by trade... you've gotta assume they know how to project a certain personality, and you can't necessarily trust that to be genuine.
Fair enough. I've seen that so I guess on second thought its not to be underestimated. Although with most of the villanary I've met in my own life however, the actions have been pretty open at showing a bad personality.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:40 am

Son Dragon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 am
Bryesque wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:49 am But I mean... it's not like criminals make a habit of admitting their crimes and acting as suspiciously as possible. Generally criminals and abusers want to get away with it. Especially if someone's an actor by trade... you've gotta assume they know how to project a certain personality, and you can't necessarily trust that to be genuine.
Fair enough. I've seen that so I guess on second thought its not to be underestimated. Although with most of the villanary I've met in my own life however, the actions have been pretty open at showing a bad personality.
I dunno. Maybe it’s just me, but he always came across is rather phony to me. Like his nice guy demeanor was always a front, even before I knew of these accusations.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Innocent until proven guilty.
With all the fake allegations hard to believe anyone.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:04 pm Innocent until proven guilty.
Men are more likely to be raped/assaulted themselves than to be falsely accused. False accusations are close to .5 of all rape accusers.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Comments like this are purposeful attempts to shut down legitimate conversation and enable further abuse. This has been addressed repeatedly in this thread, and we are not doing this song and dance again.

If you honestly believe the nonsense that you just said, please do yourself and favor and read some of the resources (again, repeatedly) shared in this thread.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Son Dragon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 am

Just want to point out to you that behind the scenes at conventions in the past (not saying Kameha Con he was most likely on his best behavior there) he was known to be horrible to convention staff. He was a real drama queen and when stuff didn’t go his way he would thrown tantrums

So yes his nice guy demeanor that he puts on for fans when he signs autographs is very much an act.

And while I personally don’t know anyone who has been touched by him inappropriately I do know people who have dealt with him behind the scenes at conventions. He’s been so bad that he was actually off the invite list of many conventions even before this whole thing blew up. Of course many cons knew about his behavior but continued to invite him because yes he has a large fan base and he brings in money.

The idea that Vic is this really sweet and kind man is laughable. He is not a nice person. He cheated on his girlfriend and even his co-workers dislike him. At the very least is you do want to believe the number of allegations these things are facts.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:13 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 pm
Men are more likely to be raped/assaulted themselves than to be falsely accused. False accusations are close to .5 of all rape accusers.
Exactly. The reason why false accusations don't happen often is because of the incredible stress it often puts on the accuser. That's the reason why it's often believed there are a number of rapes/assaults/harassment that go unreported precisely because exposure tends to affect the victims negatively. That's not to say it doesn't happen (because it does) but the idea that it happens so often that we can never really know if the rape actually happens is absurd.
VegettoEX wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:21 pm
Comments like this are purposeful attempts to shut down legitimate conversation and enable further abuse. This has been addressed repeatedly in this thread, and we are not doing this song and dance again.

If you honestly believe the nonsense that you just said, please do yourself and favor and read some of the resources (again, repeatedly) shared in this thread.
Exactly. Never mind the fact that all of this is the culmination of YEARS of complaints from people about the man, so again, the idea that it's more believable that there is some sort industry-wide conspiracy to take down a fucking anime voice actor rather than the fact that Vic Mignogna took liberties with fans that he shouldn't have is messed up.

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Maybe however,
I, don't think he is..., but I could be wrong... and to be honest I have seen at least one false statement about a woman saying she was kissed on the neck however when she showed the photograph and talked about it was just another example of her smiling and being kissed on the cheek. She did talk about how despite she was actually smiling she wasn't very happy though, and if you put together a bit from both statement you can kinda get a vibe for happened. However after that only the comment with the picture was deleted. And to go on about it more to be honest it was kinda weird. The user used a separate account to reply to her own post. Which if I think about it was probably an old account or something. In fact for second I thought someone was posing as her, to make her look bad, but instead looks like it was the same person. Overall though I can't say it was a good lead into things. And I don't know what's out there now but if there more situations like that. I could see people having a doubt. As stated earlier though you still could pull the general story from it.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:06 pm

I wonder what this person meant by "all the fake allegations".

As opposed to what? The 90 to 95 percent of allegations that are real? The 77% of cases that happen and don't even get reported? The more than 100 people that have accused Vic over the years, meaning that statistically (and believe me these guys LOVE coming up with shitty conclusions from statistics and claiming they're "facts), less than a tenth of that would be fake at the absolute best odds?

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Welp, todays the 15th, and we all know what that means. The day nick rekieta has be promoting these past few weeks. Who here’s curious?

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Son Dragon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Maybe however,
I, don't think he is..., but I could be wrong... and to be honest I have seen at least one false statement about a woman saying she was kissed on the neck however when she showed the photograph and talked about it was just another example of her smiling and being kissed on the cheek. She did talk about how despite she was actually smiling she wasn't very happy though, and if you put together a bit from both statement you can kinda get a vibe for happened. However after that only the comment with the picture was deleted. And to go on about it more to be honest it was kinda weird. The user used a separate account to reply to her own post. Which if I think about it was probably an old account or something. In fact for second I thought someone was posing as her, to make her look bad, but instead looks like it was the same person. Overall though I can't say it was a good lead into things. And I don't know what's out there now but if there more situations like that. I could see people having a doubt. As stated earlier though you still could pull the general story from it.
It's already been mentioned in this thread that even if there's some validity that in that instance something shady was going on with the accuser--it doesn't change the fact that Vic has had multiple complaints about his behavior with female fans. The fact that anti-sjws are using this instance as proof that Vic is innocent is absurd.

https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/ ... -mignogna/

This is a good primer over the numerous complaints that's been lodged against Mignogna over the years. The fact he's been known a problematic for "years," makes it incredibly difficult to believe that he's being targeted.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:09 pm Welp, todays the 15th, and we all know what that means. The day nick rekieta has be promoting these past few weeks. Who here’s curious?
Nah?

It's best to just ignore him like you would any grifter, but if I had to guess... what, Mignogna's suing people who've repeated the allegations online? Or trying to bully them into silence with legal threats? At this point I've gotta assume it's like every other time YouTube Lionel Hutz has teased some huge reveal and it's probably like 95% hype to drive up his YouTube views.

And based on a cursory glance at his Twitter, he's mostly spending his day viciously insulting anyone who points out that Mignogna asked his fans not to attack people in one of his statements. Important lawyer work!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Personally, i also look at this case with grain of salt, and if so many higher ups and workers in Funimation knew about it and didnt do anything, it make them as guilty. Thats one of reasons i ve stopped supporting Channel Awesome, so many people knew about JewWario case, yet higher ups didnt do anything.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Bryesque wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:37 pm
Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:09 pm Welp, todays the 15th, and we all know what that means. The day nick rekieta has be promoting these past few weeks. Who here’s curious?
Nah?

It's best to just ignore him like you would any grifter, but if I had to guess... what, Mignogna's suing people who've repeated the allegations online? Or trying to bully them into silence with legal threats? At this point I've gotta assume it's like every other time YouTube Lionel Hutz has teased some huge reveal and it's probably like 95% hype to drive up his YouTube views.

And based on a cursory glance at his Twitter, he's mostly spending his day viciously insulting anyone who points out that Mignogna asked his fans not to attack people in one of his statements. Important lawyer work!
Took the words right out of my mouth. Everything about Rekieta's behavior makes him look like an attention-seeking opportunist YouTuber to me, and it seems like he's more busy being an attention-seeking opportunist YouTuber than a lawyer.

So, what will the reveal be? Assuming he posts anything at all, it'll be something to drive up his YouTube views. I couldn't care less.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Reply Thread B

Post by Son Dragon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:51 pm

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm
It's already been mentioned in this thread that even if there's some validity that in that instance something shady was going on with the accuser--it doesn't change the fact that Vic has had multiple complaints about his behavior with female fans. The fact that anti-sjws are using this instance as proof that Vic is innocent is absurd.
I don't really think its anti-anything actually, and not really an anti sjw over here either. The story is an example what was going on online at the time while I was trying to find alittle more information. People were mentioning stories but not all of them were really accurate. At the same time there were some numbers but to be open originally most of the examples I found weren't very well, just videos of him kissing people on the cheek or post of him playing around with cosplayers and it bothering them later on. The type of stuff someone might do a double take on but would have a hard time making head or tails of if they heard about it. I did find some core stories later on though. Although I eventually gave up after a while.

(Although on number if your referencing that one post above I only saw that after completing an earlier long reply, so sorry about that.)

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm
https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/ ... -mignogna/

This is a good primer over the numerous complaints that's been lodged against Mignogna over the years. The fact he's been known a problematic for "years," makes it incredibly difficult to believe that he's being targeted.
I could see that. I feel like he's being targeted a little bit because there's a hash tag on the him asking people to help kick him from his career, and that's not okay, at least not normally, and so on.

When events like that happen usually its supposed to happen in a more logical order to focus on reporting something whenever something occurs and go from there. But at the same time I get what you mean its not some multi layered I never even met the guy campaign but I'm gonna say I did thing. But I'm not sure it was done right either.

Also about the primier I saw one story in there that looks pretty bad. Other than that I haven't really read through the site yet.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm

I wonder what's Kara Edwards' story with Mignogna since there was a video where she seemed completely fine with him and they were even dancing.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:44 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm I wonder what's Kara Edwards' story with Mignogna since there was a video where she seemed completely fine with him and they were even dancing.
That's normal. There've been folks who were assaulted by someone one day, then woke up the next day and had coffee with that very same person. Only later could.they face the truth about what happened to them, and share their story.

I've spent the entirety of my College years studying people and the dynamics behind how relationships are formed. Trust me; it's not unusual.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:44 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm I wonder what's Kara Edwards' story with Mignogna since there was a video where she seemed completely fine with him and they were even dancing.
That's normal. There've been folks who were assaulted by someone one day, then woke up the next day and had coffee with that very same person. Only later could.they face the truth about what happened to them, and share their story.

I've spent the entirety of my College years studying people and the dynamics behind how relationships are formed. Trust me; it's not unusual.
And to say nothing of the power dynamics at play if you're co-workers or are both in a tight-knit industry where you can't necessarily count on being supported if you say anything about it or even act "off" around that person. Which is why a lot of people don't let on and act like everything's fine - you never know if your allegation will be taken seriously or if you'll be the one considered "difficult" for rocking the boat. A lot of people live in silence about their experiences, because even doing the right thing could risk the career they've worked hard for.

This is also why allegations often come in waves - a lot of times, people only come forward when they feel it's "safer" to, after others have made that step and they feel they do have support. And sadly, their effort to protect themselves and their livelihoods is pounced on as a reason to doubt them by many others.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 pm

Sheesh, what a tease...

https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/ ... 36961?s=20

No paper being filed today? That's too bad; was looking forward to the end of all this nonsense
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 pm Sheesh, what a tease...

https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/ ... 36961?s=20

No paper being filed today? That's too bad; was looking forward to the end of all this nonsense
Look forward to our announcement of an announcement guys, I know I hyped this up even though it turns out it won't be today after all, but look forward to it anyway! Tonight on YouTube Lawyer!