Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaSith
Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:35 pm

WhowhoYouwho wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 pm I feel sorry for people like SaiyaSith who get shit on constantly for daring to give an opinion the grain of this thread, because we still have that good old "wrong think" in effect that leads to utterly condescending drivel that pretends it is a response but is just a blob of nothing from people who can't argue with someone without turning towards ad hominem attack.
I really try not to inject much opinion in my posts. I'm just interested in reading/ posting updates about what's happening. But yes, you'll get a lot of dismissive posts from people who try to shut down conversation, or say information is irrelevant because where it came from. Don't let those kind of people detour you because they were the same ones telling everyone that a lawsuit wasn't happening and that the GoFundMe was a scam. There's a lot of group think on multiple sides but there are a lot more people who genuinely want to stay in the loop of what's going on, no matter the outcome.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:44 pm

The thing I’m dreading the most about this lawsuit is that if Mignogna wins (and I’m convinced he will), it’s just going to vindicate all those YouTube and Twitter a-holes who insisted that people only went after him because they have an anti-white/Christian/male agenda or some shit.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:35 pm
WhowhoYouwho wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 pm I feel sorry for people like SaiyaSith who get shit on constantly for daring to give an opinion the grain of this thread, because we still have that good old "wrong think" in effect that leads to utterly condescending drivel that pretends it is a response but is just a blob of nothing from people who can't argue with someone without turning towards ad hominem attack.
I really try not to inject much opinion in my posts. I'm just interested in reading/ posting updates about what's happening. But yes, you'll get a lot of dismissive posts from people who try to shut down conversation, or say information is irrelevant because where it came from. Don't let those kind of people detour you because they were the same ones telling everyone that a lawsuit wasn't happening and that the GoFundMe was a scam. There's a lot of group think on multiple sides but there are a lot more people who genuinely want to stay in the loop of what's going on, no matter the outcome.

Nope since I was the one quoted I never said either of these things. All I remember saying is I don’t need to watch biased videos to know who Vic may be suing. It’s irrelevant. I also said earlier in this thread that Vic suing was always a possibility because he got a lawyer but it does not mean he is innocent.

And guess what I still didn’t need to watch. I got the news without clicking on biased Nick’s videos.
Last edited by Kinokima on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Nope since I was the one quoted I never said either of these things. All I remember saying is I don’t need to watch biased videos to know who Vic may be suing. It’s irrelevant

And guess what I still didn’t need to watch. I got the news without clicking on biased Nick’s videos.
And it originated from his videos. So indirectly, you are getting his content,

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 pm
Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Nope since I was the one quoted I never said either of these things. All I remember saying is I don’t need to watch biased videos to know who Vic may be suing. It’s irrelevant

And it originated from his videos. So indirectly, you are getting his content,

No the information about who was being sued was not sourced from his videos. It’s public information.

He may get some information early because he talks to Vic’s lawyer but I don’t really care if I hear something first if it is interjected with Pro Vic propaganda.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:14 pm

Thanks for informing us how really screwed over Texas law is.

I think they could more than reasonably demonstrate that Vic is a creep, however, since Texas seems to be a very special place, I think I see the verdict for the defamation part of the case being “even though the plaintiff has acted inappropriately, and those actions led to him being fired, you kind of caused harm to him, so he wins.”

That would be a real bummer I think, but I think they’d at least be able to substantiate that Vic was a creep.

Again, worst outcome(unless the judge is a bit of an ass, in which case I could see it being worse),

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:15 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:14 pm Thanks for informing us how really screwed over Texas law is.

I think they could more than reasonably demonstrate that Vic is a creep, however, since Texas seems to be a very special place, I think I see the verdict for the defamation part of the case being “even though the plaintiff has acted inappropriately, and those actions led to him being fired, you kind of caused harm to him, so he wins.”

That would be a real bummer I think, but I think they’d at least be able to substantiate that Vic was a creep.

Again, worst outcome(unless the judge is a bit of an ass, in which case I could see it being worse),
He’s not a creep. Just because someone is overly affectionate doesn’t make them a creep. Now if you want a creep, you look at joe Biden.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 pm

You could easily say the literal exact same "just too affectionate" thing about Biden. That's what plenty of people have done, but your obvious political agenda-motivated whataboutism isn't going to work here. They're both creeps.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 pm You could easily say the literal exact same "just too affectionate" thing about Biden. That's what plenty of people have done, but your obvious political agenda-motivated whataboutism isn't going to work here. They're both creeps.
Don’t fucking label me. There’s evidence of Biden being a creep. Video evidence.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:15 pm
JazzMazz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:14 pm Thanks for informing us how really screwed over Texas law is.

He’s not a creep. Just because someone is overly affectionate doesn’t make them a creep. Now if you want a creep, you look at joe Biden.
Not really sure what the difference between their actions are. They’ve both gotten into trouble for being just a little too “affectionate” with people, and there’s video evidence of it for both of them. Of course, in Biden’s case, politicians in general have that problem, given that they’re always kissing babies and whatnot, even though they probably shouldn’t be.

A good rule of thumb in life is to not be “affectionate” with anyone. Seriously, don’t hug or kiss people, don't put your arm around someone while you’re taking a picture with them (in fact, don’t take pictures with them at all, you don’t know these people), and in most situations, don’t smile at them. This isn’t a joke by the way. I’m actually being sincere. These things can make people uncomfortable. Contrary to popular belief, humans are not inherently social creatures. Seriously, if I was a VA, I would never step foot in a con.
Last edited by WittyUsername on Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Not really sure what the difference between their actions are. They’ve both gotten into trouble for being just a little too “affectionate” with people, and there’s video evidence of it for both of them. Of course, in Biden’s case, politicians in general have that problem, given that they’re always kissing babies and whatnot, even though they probably shouldn’t be.

A good rule of thumb in life is to not be “affectionate” with anyone. Seriously, don’t hug or kiss people, don't put your arm around someone while you’re taking a picture with them (in fact, don’t take pictures with them at all, you don’t know these people), and in most situations, don’t smile at them. This isn’t a joke by the way. I’m actually being sincere. These things can make people uncomfortable. Contrary to popular belief, humans are not inherently social creatures. Seriously, if I was a VA, I would never step foot in a con.
What vic footage, there is none. And Idgaf about making people uncomfortable. If they’re not interested in what she happening they can say no. I think we should push people out of their comfort zones nowadays, especially famous people. It’s way to milquetoast.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:50 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm

What vic footage, there is none. And Idgaf about making people uncomfortable. If they’re not interested in what she happening they can say no. I think we should push people out of their comfort zones nowadays, especially famous people. It’s way to milquetoast.
You just acknowledged that he’s been known to be affectionate with people, just like Joe Biden.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:50 pm

Elon Musk just changed his Twitter profile picture to a picture of Edward Elric.

I guess Elon Musk supports Vic Mignogna.

Whatever your views, this case is going to be an interesting one. Let's see what happens.
One World. 🌐 🕊

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:50 pm Elon Musk just changed his Twitter profile picture to a picture of Edward Elric.

I guess Elon Musk supports Vic Mignogna.

Whatever your views, this case is going to be an interesting one. Let's see what happens.
I seriously doubt we’ll be hearing him voice his thoughts on the lawsuit. Besides, he has his own lawsuit with Johnny Depp to deal with.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:50 pm

You just acknowledged that he’s been known to be affectionate with people, just like Joe Biden.
And how is that footage? Because you said footage.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:00 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:50 pm

And how is that footage? Because you said footage.
There are plenty of videos on YouTube of him being affectionate with his female fans. Most of the ones I’ve seen don’t visibly look uncomfortable about it, but it’s not difficult to imagine why some would find them to be creepy.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm And Idgaf about making people uncomfortable. If they’re not interested in what she happening they can say no. I think we should push people out of their comfort zones nowadays, especially famous people. It’s way to milquetoast.
Fuck off with this. Sexual harassment is a complex issue especially in instances where there is a power disparity i.e an employment context, or in public with a public figure, it isn't always easy to say "no".

Your posts in this thread are some of the most worthless, miserable garbage I've had the displeasure of reading on this forum. Your every response here is an indictment on your complete lack of human decency and general intelligence.

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:53 pm
Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:35 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:51 am

Things will quiet down, eventually, but sadly I don't think it will ever go away 100%, and no matter how it falls, things are only going to get even uglier immediately after.

If Vic loses, then his contingency of supporters are going to cry foul even louder and probably even try to get it overturned, and hurl even worse threats and insults at his accusers.

If Vic wins, then it's potentially going to do a lot of damage not only to the society surrounding voice over, it's only going to make people against Vic (not all, but some) go too far in their own crusades, as well as the bleating from Vic's side getting louder and stoking the flames all the higher. This is the worst case scenario, on just about every level one can think of, though even if it comes to this, I guarantee you Vic still won't get hired back.

If it all get settled out of court for a lesser sum, then things will more or less stay the same, but both sides will hurl accusations at the other about what the settling really "means".

For my own part, I'm wondering if it won't get settled out of court and Vic gets paid a pittance (so to speak) of what he's seeking, more so just to get the entire deal over with rather than them really expecting to lose in court (though that could very easily be a concern too). At this point, I'm convinced that's all VIc is really after, and if he happens to win big, then all the better. Because at least in-so-far as Texas goes, his voice over career is over. He's not getting his reputation back to what it was, whether he wins or not. The damage is done. Literally the only thing he has to gain at this point is creating more chaos and pain (because if he's truly as dark as things are painted, then that type of person would 100% thrive on lashing out as everything burns around them), and whatever money he can grab out of the ordeal.
Uh how about Funimation saying sorry to him? That something that he could get out of it. If Funimation has to come out on twitter or what ever and said Vic did not do anything this and where sorry that something he would wanted Also he still to what I understand is getting LA work. He did Jojo though he was already that before everything when done but Viz/Bang Zoom who do the dub for Viz keep him on. Don't know If that going to give him new roles though or not b/c I yet heard anything about new role in LA. I do know Vic voices "Pain" in Naruto Shippuden which still get video games that get dub. So I am wondering about the next video game well have him still voicing Pain since the video game that does the Naruto game is the same company that dub the Dragonball Z Games Bandai Namco. Which is why I would love to know where Bandai Namco stand is on it. Because if that keep him in Naruto video game I don't see how that would not keep him in Dragonball Z Video game. In term of what he could get out of it well for one the voice would have stop saying he this perder. So yes that a lot he can get out it. But the case can go anyway at this point.
As far as I know, Pain in Naruto had more than one actor. If I'm not wrong, both Matthew Marcer and Troy Baker voiced the character. In case of Studiopolis/Viz don't wanting Vic anymore to do the character, they can just recast him again with Troy or Matt. Same applies to Bang Zoom with other projects that Vic was involved recently, like Fate/Extra Last Encore.

And also, Vic did other anime stuff in Los Angeles recently before this scandal, but is uncertain if he will continue on his roles. The future of characters's voices like Gouki Shibukawa (new Baki series) or Ranpo Edogawa (Bungou Stray Dogs) is really uncertain.
When it comes to Funimation dubs's roles, like Sabo (One Piece) or Rin (Free), it's pretty obvious that Vic will be recasted at some moment.
Ok I made an error he was voice Nagato aka Pain but not Pain itself the Pains are voice by Tory. Pain and Nagato are the same person but there voice are different because pain a basically a dead body that Nagato control and took over and used to fight for him behind the scene.Also Vic still work in Jojo which was a Viz Media title even after everything came out.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:06 pm

While I'm certainly not one to defend Elon Musk, I don't know if we need to jump to "he's a Vic supporter!!!". I mean, not that I'd be surprised if he was, guy's kind of a loon, but it's just a profile image.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:22 pm Don’t fucking label me.
I didn't label you, I labeled your rhetoric and took a stab in the dark at your intentions, mostly because I've gotten a shitty vibe from you for several months now.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:22 pm There’s evidence of Biden being a creep. Video evidence.
Aaaaand there are photos of Vic being a creep, along with plenty of testimony against both men. The only difference is you thinking that one's just "not as bad" or falsely assuming that there were "good intentions" on one and not the other. The deciding factor for you is what you can use against other people, thinking they'll do what you do and acting on emotion, saying the person they like is immune to criticism or being a shitty person.

Neither of these individuals' behavior is okay.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pmAnd Idgaf about making people uncomfortable. If they’re not interested in what she happening they can say no. I think we should push people out of their comfort zones nowadays, especially famous people. It’s way to milquetoast.
And this right here is really the epitome of your broken ideas. Making people uncomfortable is literally what this has all been about from the start. That's what sexual harassment IS! Nobody was injured, a lot doesn't even constitute proper crime (which is why nobody has pressed charges and been left with the burden of proof until Vicky himself).

If you want to push famous "famous" people out of their comfort zones, treating them exactly the same as any other company employee with tons of HR reports about their shitty behavior is a good place to start.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:17 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:06 pm While I'm certainly not one to defend Elon Musk, I don't know if we need to jump to "he's a Vic supporter!!!". I mean, not that I'd be surprised if he was, guy's kind of a loon, but it's just a profile image.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:22 pm Don’t fucking label me.
I didn't label you, I labeled your rhetoric and took a stab in the dark at your intentions, mostly because I've gotten a shitty vibe from you for several months now.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:22 pm There’s evidence of Biden being a creep. Video evidence.
Aaaaand there are photos of Vic being a creep, along with plenty of testimony against both men. The only difference is you thinking that one's just "not as bad" or falsely assuming that there were "good intentions" on one and not the other. The deciding factor for you is what you can use against other people, thinking they'll do what you do and acting on emotion, saying the person they like is immune to criticism or being a shitty person.

Neither of these individuals' behavior is okay.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pmAnd Idgaf about making people uncomfortable. If they’re not interested in what she happening they can say no. I think we should push people out of their comfort zones nowadays, especially famous people. It’s way to milquetoast.
And this right here is really the epitome of your broken ideas. Making people uncomfortable is literally what this has all been about from the start. That's what sexual harassment IS! Nobody was injured, a lot doesn't even constitute proper crime (which is why nobody has pressed charges and been left with the burden of proof until Vicky himself).

If you want to push famous "famous" people out of their comfort zones, treating them exactly the same as any other company employee with tons of HR reports about their shitty behavior is a good place to start.
I’ve been on here for only a month now