Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:18 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:15 pm
JazzMazz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:14 pm Thanks for informing us how really screwed over Texas law is.

I think they could more than reasonably demonstrate that Vic is a creep, however, since Texas seems to be a very special place, I think I see the verdict for the defamation part of the case being “even though the plaintiff has acted inappropriately, and those actions led to him being fired, you kind of caused harm to him, so he wins.”

That would be a real bummer I think, but I think they’d at least be able to substantiate that Vic was a creep.

Again, worst outcome(unless the judge is a bit of an ass, in which case I could see it being worse),
He’s not a creep. Just because someone is overly affectionate doesn’t make them a creep. Now if you want a creep, you look at joe Biden.
If you listen to some of the stories against Vic, a fair few of them go a bit above just “overly affectionate” hugs and kisses. For the life of me, I see no reason why he would be whispering suggestive things in the ears of under age fans, or other such misdemeanours.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:18 pm
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:15 pm
JazzMazz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:14 pm Thanks for informing us how really screwed over Texas law is.

I think they could more than reasonably demonstrate that Vic is a creep, however, since Texas seems to be a very special place, I think I see the verdict for the defamation part of the case being “even though the plaintiff has acted inappropriately, and those actions led to him being fired, you kind of caused harm to him, so he wins.”

That would be a real bummer I think, but I think they’d at least be able to substantiate that Vic was a creep.

Again, worst outcome(unless the judge is a bit of an ass, in which case I could see it being worse),
He’s not a creep. Just because someone is overly affectionate doesn’t make them a creep. Now if you want a creep, you look at joe Biden.
If you listen to some of the stories against Vic, a fair few of them go a bit above just “overly affectionate” hugs and kisses. For the life of me, I see no reason why he would be whispering suggestive things in the ears of under age fans, or other such misdemeanours.
...because he was doing the ouran coffee scene?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:17 pm I’ve been on here for only a month now
Really?, it feels longer.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 pm

He seemed to think I was only talking about the Vic thread.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:27 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 pm
Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 pm Elon Musk is a creep so if he is Pro Vic I certainly wouldn’t be surprised
No he’s a weeb. And don’t judge a person by how their face looks. We know that’s what you’re doing because that’s the only way you’d come to that conclusion.
Actually they're judging Musk based on behaviour like this:

https://jalopnik.com/now-we-know-for-su ... 1827623885
https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-is-doubl ... 1828662461
WittyUsername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:30 pm It kind of seems like Mignogna is destined to win this this lawsuit. How are the defendants supposed to prove that he did what he was accused of? How do you prove someone committed sexual assault or harassment?
There's plenty of photo evidence available of Vic doing this at cons.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:22 pm
Shaddy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 pm You could easily say the literal exact same "just too affectionate" thing about Biden. That's what plenty of people have done, but your obvious political agenda-motivated whataboutism isn't going to work here. They're both creeps.
Don’t fucking label me. There’s evidence of Biden being a creep. Video evidence.
There's photo evidence of Vic being a creep too that you're conveniently ignoring.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:17 pm I’ve been on here for only a month now
Yeah, ummm...

That's four months, dude.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 pm

KBABZ wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:27 pm
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 pm
Kinokima wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 pm Elon Musk is a creep so if he is Pro Vic I certainly wouldn’t be surprised
No he’s a weeb. And don’t judge a person by how their face looks. We know that’s what you’re doing because that’s the only way you’d come to that conclusion.
Actually they're judging Musk based on behaviour like this:

https://jalopnik.com/now-we-know-for-su ... 1827623885
https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-is-doubl ... 1828662461
WittyUsername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:30 pm It kind of seems like Mignogna is destined to win this this lawsuit. How are the defendants supposed to prove that he did what he was accused of? How do you prove someone committed sexual assault or harassment?
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:22 pm
Shaddy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 pm You could easily say the literal exact same "just too affectionate" thing about Biden. That's what plenty of people have done, but your obvious political agenda-motivated whataboutism isn't going to work here. They're both creeps.
Don’t fucking label me. There’s evidence of Biden being a creep. Video evidence.
There's photo evidence of Vic being a creep too that you're conveniently ignoring.
Yeah, ummm...

I thought you meant on this thread. I remember you guys forgetting I was here in the past.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 pm

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 pm
Yeah, ummm...

I thought you meant on this thread. I remember you guys forgetting I was here in the past.
Shaddy was the one who brought up the vibes, not me. Also thanks for completely ignoring all the other stuff in my post.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:39 pm

But unless they call on the women in the photos to testify that they were uncomfortable, by this behavior, it doesn’t seem like that’ll mean anything in a Texas court.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 pm

For what it's worth, if you REALLY do want videos of Vic being creepy... Well, there's certainly plenty of that, though I suppose it's up to you whether or not it's enough to get him in hot water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Creepy Happy Birthday Song" (no photo-shopping magic here...): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtESdWgAzI

"Risenbool Ranger gets the "Happy Birthday" treatment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIw8UqOoWlI

"Call me Daddy" (he says after taking her phone without asking): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5escZnGCxrM&t=2m55s

"Soldier A" (Probably the worst of them all, considering how impromptu and shocking it seemed to be for the poor girl): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3FAaoHmcIY&t=30s
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:51 pm For what it's worth, if you REALLY do want videos of Vic being creepy... Well, there's certainly plenty of that, though I suppose it's up to you whether or not it's enough to get him in hot water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Creepy Happy Birthday Song" (no photo-shopping magic here...): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtESdWgAzI

"Risenbool Ranger gets the "Happy Birthday" treatment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIw8UqOoWlI

"Call me Daddy" (he says after taking her phone without asking): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5escZnGCxrM&t=2m55s

"Soldier A" (Probably the worst of them all, considering how impromptu and shocking it seemed to be for the poor girl): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3FAaoHmcIY&t=30s
I guess if someone wants to be of assistance to the defendants of this case, they could just DM them these videos.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:00 am

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:57 pm I guess if someone wants to be of assistance to the defendants of this case, they could just DM them these videos.
Honestly? I'm fairly certain they're already aware of stuff we don't know. Monica's been pretty tight-lipped about everything, in contrast to Ty Beard.

I mean, I LITERALLY got these on my very first attempt at surfing Youtube. My guess is, if it's that easy for me... Then they've got heaping piles of evidence that they've been saving up till the big day; that way there's no chance of Vic being able to counter them before it's too late.

EDIT: Again, Vic's history of debauchery is no secret; you'll practically trip over reasons not to trust him if you so much as look. Just take a look at my very first posts in the thread! You'll find I was actually AGAINST what VegettoEX was doing! As well as what most of the posters here were doing! But the slightest bit of due diligence, and... Here I am.

ISWV's failures to find the evidence isn't because Vic is innocent. It's because they don't WANT him to be guilty :( ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:25 am

I think we all also need to consider that funimation literally has the findings from an investigation into Vic on their side to use if necessary, so I have no doubt they have a bit of evidence to inform why they made their decision.

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:31 am

JazzMazz wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:25 am I think we all also need to consider that funimation literally has the findings from an investigation into Vic on their side to use if necessary, so I have no doubt they have a bit of evidence to inform why they made their decision.
Well if the investigation is what has been said that Sony only ask Vic 3 question and 1 was about eating a Jelly Bean she sign which Rial confirm by the way on her twitter. A consensual kiss with someone that had not been name yet. And a 3rd story that could not get into yet. Btw Rial stated Sony did the investigation not Funimation.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:32 am

Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:31 am Well if the investigation is what has been said that Sony only ask 3 question and 1 was about eating a Jelly Bean she sign which Rial confirm by the way on her twitter. A consensual kiss with someone that had not been name yet. And a 3rd story that could not get into yet. Btw Rial stated Sony did the investigation not Funimation.
What Rial "confirmed" was that he was NOT fired on account of the jellybean. I mean, I'll bet it didn't help, but, there was way more to it than that.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:34 am

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:39 pm But unless they call on the women in the photos to testify that they were uncomfortable, by this behavior, it doesn’t seem like that’ll mean anything in a Texas court.
Which is the most frustrating part about this, IMO.

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:43 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:32 am
Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:31 am Well if the investigation is what has been said that Sony only ask 3 question and 1 was about eating a Jelly Bean she sign which Rial confirm by the way on her twitter. A consensual kiss with someone that had not been name yet. And a 3rd story that could not get into yet. Btw Rial stated Sony did the investigation not Funimation.
What Rial "confirmed" was that he was NOT fired on account of the jellybean. I mean, I'll bet it didn't help, but, there was way more to it than that.
Of course she not going to said that did not play into him being fired. You can't take her word for it since she biased to this since she wanted him gone. But there was there only 3 things in the investigation against him.
Last edited by Gokuisasuperhero on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 am

This motherfucker is really taking this to court? What a waste of his money.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:59 am

Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:43 am Of course she not going to said that did not play into him being fired. You can't take her word for it since she biased to this since she wanted him gone. But against there only 3 thing in the investigation.
I mean it goes without saying that both sides are biased towards their own motivations here.

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:10 am

KBABZ wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:59 am
Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:43 am Of course she not going to said that did not play into him being fired. You can't take her word for it since she biased to this since she wanted him gone. But against there only 3 thing in the investigation.
I mean it goes without saying that both sides are biased towards their own motivations here.
You are indeed right. But I just point that out that reply. Yes both would be biased.

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:11 am

TKA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 am This motherfucker is really taking this to court? What a waste of his money.
Not really. That had to proof what that said about Vic is true. But again anything can happen when you go to court.